“Comfortable Room, Stunning View” 5 of 5 stars

All Inn Package
Ranked #27 of 124 hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago
“Comfortable Room, Stunning View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed for one night so I can't comment on housekeeping but the service in all other areas was terrific, from the valets who were beyond helpful with the wheelchair to the front desk to the bellman who was so funny and full of great information.

The room was modern but still cozy, clean and well kept, and we had a corner Arch view which was well worth the money. We left the curtains open all night and it was something else to wake up to that great view in the morning. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was small but nicely decorated and clean.

We had dinner at Ruth's Chris which was fantastic, food and service way above average. Our room service breakfast was pretty good and arrived quickly and nice and hot.

There is a great (big) shop that has any odds and ends you'd need and a variety of drinks and snacks, as well as a huge selection of souvenirs. The ladies working there were very friendly too.

The only complaint I can come up with is that there's no swimming pool, apparently they took it out to add some event space upstairs. The location can't be beat and it's all about the view.

Room Tip: Get a room with an Arch view if at all possible.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
JoBelleChicago its great to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay in one of our Arch-View guest rooms! Ruth's Chris consistently does a great job, next time make sure to visit one of our other wonderful restaurants. Personally I always enjoy the Brewhouse and would recommend trying one of our customized burgers with one of our local draft beers. I hope you will be back soon, if you would like, please send me an e-mail and I would love to help book a room for you.

1,447 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is by far one of the best in the industry. The model hotel that every hotel should pattern. Hotel is the most advanced in the use of technology. Took advantage of the Express Check-In and Check-Out saved time. All of the employees were highly professionally. The Front Desk members in training customer service attitude was top notch left me with the impression that the Hyatt hires nothing but the best. Awesome experience highly recommended to stay if you are in the area!

• Stayed June 2013
Wow! Thank you for such an awesome review LoyalThanMost. If you travel often and stay with Hyatt's I would recommend that you sign up for our Gold Passport loyalty program. There is no cost and with increased stays, you earn future free nights and other additional benefits such as complimentary later check outs. I hope we get to see you again, if you do plan a returning visit, please let me know so I can personally assist you.

ARLINGTON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The front desk staff at check in was very nice. Once in my room I did notice it probably could have used some more vaccuuming but the view was very nice. The TV did not have as many channel or ease of operation I would have expected. On the first morning my coffee pot did not work and my ironing board would not close. I did call and when I returned to my room it had been cleaned better and the coffee pot and board were replaced. I got up the next morning to notice they removed the actual iron as well when the replaced the board but did not return it. I again called and they promptly replaced. We did ask for a late check out on the last evening and depending on who at the front desk you talked to depended on if they gave you an extra hour. Most of the staff were very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for an arch view - I had a great view of the arch and the court house.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review Andrea B. I will address your concerns and comments with our Housekeeping department. I hope you will come back to visit us again, I am sure we can do a better job on a future stay. If you need any help booking a room, please contact me directly.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed here for a conference in May - sadly my room did not oversee the Arch, but it was literally across the street. Really nice park there, by the river. The Hyatt rooms are very clean and comfortable, and the food is good. I had a long wait to eat on the first night of my conference, when the Ruth's Chris closed for a holiday and the other restaurant was overloaded, but they left me chocolates in the room as an apology, which I thought was lovely.

I was a little disappointed at having a standing shower instead of a tub, because I would have taken a hot bath (best way to relax after a busy conference day), but otherwise the bathroom was really excellent.

It's a very short walk to the America's Center; I didn't really venture further but it seems like a good central location for business.

Room Tip: I assume they save rooms with Arch views for the frequent fliers, but it can't hurt to ask. A bi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Crakin79 thank you so much for the 5-Star review! When you do come back to visit, please make sure to ask for a room with a tub, we can usually accommodate that request. Please make sure to visit us again during a Cardinal's game, it’s a lot of fun and we offer terrific packages that can include breakfast or parking.

Kim Halbrehder - Assistant Director of Rooms
Tracy, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed 4 nights to see the SF Giants play the Cardinals & to visit family. The location was perfect and the staff was wonderful. We had some issues with the expiration of our credit card & the front desk staff was able to work with us to get everything sorted out (word of advice: check the expiration of your credit card before you go on vacation... DUH!) It was well worth the money - for the price of one room at other hotels we've stayed at, we had 2 rooms (a family suite) for our family of 6. We also upgraded to the Regency Service ($39/night online) which was a blessing since we were pretty much stuck at the hotel during a storm & tornado warnings. Each day we had breakfast, snacks, evening appetizers, & desserts, board games & other people to mingle with in the Regency Room while waiting out the storm. We had a fantastic trip (bad weather & Giants losing 2 of 3 notwithstanding) & most of it was due to this outstanding hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the 5-Star review and recognition of our staff pcase! The Regency Club upgrade is an excellent value option for travelling families. The personalized concierge service as well as breakfast and evening appetizers can really help in making for a more enjoyable visit to the downtown area. Please let me know if you plan on a return trip!

Kim Halbrehder - Assistant Director of Rooms
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a business meeting with group rates. I thought the room was good. The hotel is right by the arch and just a couple blocks from the baseball stadium. It was clean and the hotel had a couple choices to eat.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for the 4-Star review F1tExec. While you were here I hope you were able to get a chance to use our Stay fit gym. We have a variety of excellent cardio machines as well as dumbells and weight machines. Hopefully your travels will bring you back to stay with us again at the Hyatt St. Louis!

Lavinia, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed 3 nights in a Double Deluxe! Beds and Rooms are Great! No wi/fi except in the lobby and TV's are Nice but not very good channel line-up to equal the nice TV... Those two things are the Only negative's about this Hotel... Red kitchen is Really good place to Eat... Looking forward to coming back soon and We will stay here anytime we visit St Louis... Just please fix your cable and offer free wi/fi for the rooms or at least the terrace....

Room Tip: They are all Great
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the 5-Star review huntsfarm! We do offer economical rate packages that include internet with the room rate and we are evaluating our current channel lineup. Please call ahead as there may be changes with what we offer with our in-room television. If you do decide to return, please contact me directly and I would love to assist you.

Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch? Share your experiences!