The Hyatt is located across the street from the Arch and just a few blocks away from the Metro. The hotel was clean and our room was spacious, included 2 double beds for me, spouse and teen. The room also had a table, 2 chairs, flat screen TV, fridge, desk and spacious bathroom. The hotel layout was a little confusing, getting to room 1642. A safe was located in the closet. 2 sinks, one in bathroom, one outside worked well for us. The amenities were nice, but nothing very special. A coffee service was also in the room.
Storage was an issue with 3 little baskets in the cabinet which held the fridge and had the TV on top. An. Odd little ottoman sat near the door.
We had trouble checking in as the hotel had the wrong first name on the reservation. I had a copy of the reservation so the front desk finally decided they could give me the room, but didn't ask for any identification (later telling me if they had, they would not have been able to give me a room as the first name was wrong). Given I had a document with my name, address and booking number which matched my identification, I was annoyed. The front desk did nothing to verify my identity. The other item which had me question security was witnessing a teenager go to front desk and say he lost his room key. He was given one without producing any identification. They checked to see his name was in the room, but given the convention in town, my teen could have done the same thing by finding out who was in what room.
Another downside was the safe still locked when we got in the room. We were told the next morning to call security to open it. Didn't have time so it was still locked when we left.
The place was fine for what it was, but I likely won't stay there again when I come to town, wanting to try a property which takes security more seriously.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St. Louis Riverfront Hotel Experience uncompromising hospitality in a prime setting at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch. Steps from the famous Arch, our exemplary St. Louis hotel blends world-class service with an unparalleled location. With easy access to all of the city’s sights, our downtown hotel in St. Louis is an outstanding choice for every visitor. Select our expansive facilities - the area's premier event spaces - to host impressive business conferences, formal galas or family celebrations. Take in a game at a nearby stadium, catch a Broadway-style show, tempt Lady Luck at a casino, or simply relax in our inviting accommodations. Discover "The Hyatt Touch" at our welcoming St. Louis Missouri hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Hotels.com, AAA Travel Services, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency St. Louis At The Arch Hotel Saint Louis
- Adams Mark Hotel St Louis Missouri
- Hyatt Regency Saint Louis
- Hyatt Saint Louis