“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Urbana, Illinois
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I really likes the location of this hotel. Close to the river, view of the arch from our window, close proximity to Busch Stadium.
Rooms were average, on the small side but clean and comfortable bed. Bathroom was decent size. Nice oversize shower.
Hotel restaurant was decent. Not overpriced and food was good.
A little issue with valet service but they got to the bottom of problem and were very apologetic.
Front desk staff were very friendly.
We will stay at this location again.

• Stayed April 2013
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you for the 4-Star review cplot! I appreciated your comments about our staff. Please let me know if you plan on returning to the hotel.

Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
Palestine, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The location is great, directly across the street from the arch, completely unobstructed (if you have a room facing that direction). The convention center is a 10 minute walk. The hotel is good for a business trip, but would be a little stale for a family. Breakfast was excellent but quite pricey for the buffet.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the 4-Star review Jonricha. If you do come with your family, please let me know and I can offer a variety of fun options and activities. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to personally assist you.

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed here for one night for business trip and it is not up to Hyatt or Hyatt Regency standards. Room 1460 had wallpaper peeling off the wall, no bedside table on one side of the bed and scuffed/shopworn furnishings. Housekeeping was lax and not up to standards: the previous guest's trash was in the bathroom wastebasket, no washclothes, no coffee packets. Worse, someone left an envelope for me at the desk and I was never notified, and when I let the desk know about room cleaning issues, the clerk shrugged and said she would let the supervisor know.

The club floor lounge shutters at 9pm so the only option for food was the gift shop. Breakfast options in the morning were good with smoked salmon, egg/ham muffins, fresh fruit, cereal, etc.

The breakfast however did not make up for the substandard room at high end rate.

There are better options, look elsewhere

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback highlandbride. We have addressed the concerns you detailed in room 1460, we have also spoken to our housekeeping department about your comments. I apologize for the concerns you experienced, if you do return or need assistance, please let me know.

Prairie Village, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Just in town for a night to catch a concert, but we were pretty happy with our room. If you aren't a Gold Passport member, sign up before you book. This was our first stay as a member and they really give you the royal treatment. Even though we were only in town for about 24 hours, booked a room on the concierge floor (18). I was a little nervous when we found out that there was a fraternity formal in the hotel the same night, but our floor was quiet all night (whew!). While we didn't ask for it, our room had a partial view of the arch. Pretty cool but honestly not sure it would be worth the upgrade under different circumstances. Bed was comfy and the room and bathroom were spotless. Not sure if all rooms have a fridge, but ours did (heads up to housekeeping, my wife left some leftover lasagna in the fridge!). We were told the wifi was complimentary as part of a promotion, but they still charged us for it. Still waiting on Hyatt to respond to my email questioning the charge. We did the Bed and Breakfast program. Not sure what they charge for brunch, but it was just OK at best. From the Hyatt, the train station was about a 5 minute ride and the Pageant was about 20 minutes away. Very easy to get a cab!!!

Room Tip: Sign up for the Gold Passport club before booking and then be treated like a king!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the 4-Star review PVPathfinder! We do our best to acknowledge and recognize our Gold Passport member hotel guests. Please email me directly for assistance with the internet charge that had been posted to your room. It would be my pleasure to personally assist you.

boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

The staff is so knowledgeable , we had a great time, walking distance to so much. Pay the extra and get a room looking at the arch. So wonderful!!! Thank you Kim !!!!! Eat at pappys and get there 6.30 ish

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for the 5-Star review razella121! You are absolutely welcome for the assist, please let me know if you plan on returning and I would be more than happy to assist you again.

Essex, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt for three days at a conference. When you first arrive the front desk is very welcoming and efficient. I had a corner room facing the arch on the 10th Floor. I think it was actually a better view than a higher floor because it was more of a level view instead of looking down.
The house keeping was a bit disappointing. I had no shampoo in my room the first night and they did not give me any the second night either. I had to call housekeeping and ask for a few bottles. There were wire hangers, complete with drycleaning receipt left in the closet and there was garbage behind the garbage can.

The wireless internet was very slow during peak periods, which is not good when travelling for work.

We had a number of meals at the hotel, in the conference rooms, and it was really bad. The meat was dry, the eggs watery and the bread was hard.

Although the room was quite attractive, I am not sure I would stay there again because of everything else in the hotel

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the 4-Star review and also detailed feedback ashavor. Your comments will be shared with our housekeeping team. I am confident that if you come back we can do a better job. Please reach out to me directly if you plan on returning so I can assist you myself.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed two nights at the Hyatt Regency Arch in St. Louis in April. The hotel room was huge and immaculate. Great bathroom with two separate sink areas. Great view of the city and we could see into the Cardinals stadium. The location is also really good if you want to walk to the Arch or the stadium. Other than that there is not much to recommend this hotel. The prices at the restaurant and small gift shop were pricey. There is no pool and the fitness center is not easy to find. We also found that in the evening there is not much happening in downtown St. Louis.

Room Tip: We had a room right off the elevator lobby and it was a bit noisy starting pretty early on Saturday...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the 4-Star review Libby_travels_alot. There are a variety of activities in the downtown area, visiting the Arch, the historical Court house, otherwise a variety of excellent restaurants to try. I hope you contact one of our concierges, otherwise, please reach out directly to me and I would be more than happy to assist.

Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch? Share your experiences!