“Clean room and a good view” 4 of 5 stars

All Inn Package
Ranked #29 of 124 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Prairie Village, KS
“Clean room and a good view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Just in town for a night to catch a concert, but we were pretty happy with our room. If you aren't a Gold Passport member, sign up before you book. This was our first stay as a member and they really give you the royal treatment. Even though we were only in town for about 24 hours, booked a room on the concierge floor (18). I was a little nervous when we found out that there was a fraternity formal in the hotel the same night, but our floor was quiet all night (whew!). While we didn't ask for it, our room had a partial view of the arch. Pretty cool but honestly not sure it would be worth the upgrade under different circumstances. Bed was comfy and the room and bathroom were spotless. Not sure if all rooms have a fridge, but ours did (heads up to housekeeping, my wife left some leftover lasagna in the fridge!). We were told the wifi was complimentary as part of a promotion, but they still charged us for it. Still waiting on Hyatt to respond to my email questioning the charge. We did the Bed and Breakfast program. Not sure what they charge for brunch, but it was just OK at best. From the Hyatt, the train station was about a 5 minute ride and the Pageant was about 20 minutes away. Very easy to get a cab!!!

Room Tip: Sign up for the Gold Passport club before booking and then be treated like a king!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you for the 4-Star review PVPathfinder! We do our best to acknowledge and recognize our Gold Passport member hotel guests. Please email me directly for assistance with the internet charge that had been posted to your room. It would be my pleasure to personally assist you.

Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

The staff is so knowledgeable , we had a great time, walking distance to so much. Pay the extra and get a room looking at the arch. So wonderful!!! Thank you Kim !!!!! Eat at pappys and get there 6.30 ish

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for the 5-Star review razella121! You are absolutely welcome for the assist, please let me know if you plan on returning and I would be more than happy to assist you again.

Essex, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt for three days at a conference. When you first arrive the front desk is very welcoming and efficient. I had a corner room facing the arch on the 10th Floor. I think it was actually a better view than a higher floor because it was more of a level view instead of looking down.
The house keeping was a bit disappointing. I had no shampoo in my room the first night and they did not give me any the second night either. I had to call housekeeping and ask for a few bottles. There were wire hangers, complete with drycleaning receipt left in the closet and there was garbage behind the garbage can.

The wireless internet was very slow during peak periods, which is not good when travelling for work.

We had a number of meals at the hotel, in the conference rooms, and it was really bad. The meat was dry, the eggs watery and the bread was hard.

Although the room was quite attractive, I am not sure I would stay there again because of everything else in the hotel

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the 4-Star review and also detailed feedback ashavor. Your comments will be shared with our housekeeping team. I am confident that if you come back we can do a better job. Please reach out to me directly if you plan on returning so I can assist you myself.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed two nights at the Hyatt Regency Arch in St. Louis in April. The hotel room was huge and immaculate. Great bathroom with two separate sink areas. Great view of the city and we could see into the Cardinals stadium. The location is also really good if you want to walk to the Arch or the stadium. Other than that there is not much to recommend this hotel. The prices at the restaurant and small gift shop were pricey. There is no pool and the fitness center is not easy to find. We also found that in the evening there is not much happening in downtown St. Louis.

Room Tip: We had a room right off the elevator lobby and it was a bit noisy starting pretty early on Saturday...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the 4-Star review Libby_travels_alot. There are a variety of activities in the downtown area, visiting the Arch, the historical Court house, otherwise a variety of excellent restaurants to try. I hope you contact one of our concierges, otherwise, please reach out directly to me and I would be more than happy to assist.

Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Hi Everyone,
I know you're here to browse through Hotels in St. Louis and wondering where's a safe, clean, and quality place to stay. PLEASE, don't waste your time with any place other than the Hyatt Regency. We made a HUGE mistake and thought the Hilton Ballpark was a great value. After blood stains on the curtains, KY lubricant on a table and broken fixtures, we quickly discovered the Hilton Ballpark was a FRAUD!!!!! Wanting to fix a disastrous vacation, I emailed Manager Kim Halbrehder about getting a room and he was more than accommodating!!! He checked us in at 10 AM and upgraded us to a plush suite room for our troubles. Value matters!! Plain and simple there is nothing Kim, his VIP manager Keith Kay, or the front desk staff including Monique wouldn't do to accommodate anybody. PLEASE LISTEN to me when I say the Hyatt is true from the pictures of the room, to the service you will receive. I work for a Radio Network and travel all over the country. This is one of the BEST hotels I've stayed in!!!! I know you may think I am just blowing smoke or trying to say nice words but seriously you will be disappointed staying anywhere else in St. Louis. You don't want the nightmare of choosing somewhere else, we did for a night and I regret it 110%. I CAN'T stress that enough, the Hyatt is worth every single penny and has amazing views of the arch. Thank you so much Kim Halbrehder, you fixed our vacation. I couldn't be more grateful and appreciative!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE stay with Hyatt Regency and let Kim along with his staff show you the "Show me state".

Jeff Hauser

Room Tip: GREAT HOTEL!!!! Eat at the Sports bar in the Lobby!! Don't forget to see the Arch
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
You are more than welcome Mr. Hauser! Your review has been shared with our hotel, I greatly appreciate the opportunity to have assisted you. Please if you ever come back to St. Louis, let me know.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

The night stand was dusty and there was old food in the fridge. The view of the arch was the best thing.

We also came on prom weekend. Lors of underagekids running araroud.

I was disapointed as this wasnt the typical experience I expect from a hyatt.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for the feedback redrag0n85. I apologize for your poor experience. Your comments will be shared with our housekeeping department and we will make sure we do a better job moving forward. Please contact me directly; I would love the opportunity to assist you.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Big hotel, almost confusing, but well run and offers a pleasant stay.
Location is great, even if on a cold, almost winter, day there isn't much to do outside.
The only big disappointment was the overpriced-poor-service Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in the main lobby.

Room Tip: Even if your room doesn't face the Arch, don't worry, you can't miss it !
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the 5-Star review zorro514! If you do decide to come back to St. Louis, please let me know, there are a variety of downtown activities I can recommend. I apologize for the service issues you experienced in Ruth's Chris, please contact me directly for assistance.

Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch? Share your experiences!