“Great Room But Had Some Flaws” 4 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #29 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Essex, UK
“Great Room But Had Some Flaws”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt for three days at a conference. When you first arrive the front desk is very welcoming and efficient. I had a corner room facing the arch on the 10th Floor. I think it was actually a better view than a higher floor because it was more of a level view instead of looking down.
The house keeping was a bit disappointing. I had no shampoo in my room the first night and they did not give me any the second night either. I had to call housekeeping and ask for a few bottles. There were wire hangers, complete with drycleaning receipt left in the closet and there was garbage behind the garbage can.

The wireless internet was very slow during peak periods, which is not good when travelling for work.

We had a number of meals at the hotel, in the conference rooms, and it was really bad. The meat was dry, the eggs watery and the bread was hard.

Although the room was quite attractive, I am not sure I would stay there again because of everything else in the hotel

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you for the 4-Star review and also detailed feedback ashavor. Your comments will be shared with our housekeeping team. I am confident that if you come back we can do a better job. Please reach out to me directly if you plan on returning so I can assist you myself.

Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed two nights at the Hyatt Regency Arch in St. Louis in April. The hotel room was huge and immaculate. Great bathroom with two separate sink areas. Great view of the city and we could see into the Cardinals stadium. The location is also really good if you want to walk to the Arch or the stadium. Other than that there is not much to recommend this hotel. The prices at the restaurant and small gift shop were pricey. There is no pool and the fitness center is not easy to find. We also found that in the evening there is not much happening in downtown St. Louis.

Room Tip: We had a room right off the elevator lobby and it was a bit noisy starting pretty early on Saturday...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the 4-Star review Libby_travels_alot. There are a variety of activities in the downtown area, visiting the Arch, the historical Court house, otherwise a variety of excellent restaurants to try. I hope you contact one of our concierges, otherwise, please reach out directly to me and I would be more than happy to assist.

Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Hi Everyone,
I know you're here to browse through Hotels in St. Louis and wondering where's a safe, clean, and quality place to stay. PLEASE, don't waste your time with any place other than the Hyatt Regency. We made a HUGE mistake and thought the Hilton Ballpark was a great value. After blood stains on the curtains, KY lubricant on a table and broken fixtures, we quickly discovered the Hilton Ballpark was a FRAUD!!!!! Wanting to fix a disastrous vacation, I emailed Manager Kim Halbrehder about getting a room and he was more than accommodating!!! He checked us in at 10 AM and upgraded us to a plush suite room for our troubles. Value matters!! Plain and simple there is nothing Kim, his VIP manager Keith Kay, or the front desk staff including Monique wouldn't do to accommodate anybody. PLEASE LISTEN to me when I say the Hyatt is true from the pictures of the room, to the service you will receive. I work for a Radio Network and travel all over the country. This is one of the BEST hotels I've stayed in!!!! I know you may think I am just blowing smoke or trying to say nice words but seriously you will be disappointed staying anywhere else in St. Louis. You don't want the nightmare of choosing somewhere else, we did for a night and I regret it 110%. I CAN'T stress that enough, the Hyatt is worth every single penny and has amazing views of the arch. Thank you so much Kim Halbrehder, you fixed our vacation. I couldn't be more grateful and appreciative!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE stay with Hyatt Regency and let Kim along with his staff show you the "Show me state".

Jeff Hauser

Room Tip: GREAT HOTEL!!!! Eat at the Sports bar in the Lobby!! Don't forget to see the Arch
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
You are more than welcome Mr. Hauser! Your review has been shared with our hotel, I greatly appreciate the opportunity to have assisted you. Please if you ever come back to St. Louis, let me know.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The night stand was dusty and there was old food in the fridge. The view of the arch was the best thing.

We also came on prom weekend. Lors of underagekids running araroud.

I was disapointed as this wasnt the typical experience I expect from a hyatt.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for the feedback redrag0n85. I apologize for your poor experience. Your comments will be shared with our housekeeping department and we will make sure we do a better job moving forward. Please contact me directly; I would love the opportunity to assist you.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Big hotel, almost confusing, but well run and offers a pleasant stay.
Location is great, even if on a cold, almost winter, day there isn't much to do outside.
The only big disappointment was the overpriced-poor-service Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in the main lobby.

Room Tip: Even if your room doesn't face the Arch, don't worry, you can't miss it !
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the 5-Star review zorro514! If you do decide to come back to St. Louis, please let me know, there are a variety of downtown activities I can recommend. I apologize for the service issues you experienced in Ruth's Chris, please contact me directly for assistance.

Queens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I traveled to St. Louis with my friends and we stayed at this hotel. I must say if not for the gracious hospitable staff our experience could have been very different. They were great listeners who did everything within their power to make sure we had a great stay. This hotel is also amazing close to the Arch, and if you wake up early you are able to walk a few feet and see an amazing sunset upon one of St. Louis' crown achievements. It really is a great sight, and when you stay here you can step out of the hotel and stand right in front of it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the 5-Star review outoftheboroughs and recognition of our staff! We do have a great location and are a great weekend destination, please continue to let your friends know. I hope to see you back again in our hotel!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel is right across the street from the Arch. It is easy and inexpensive to get to the hotel from the airport. The MetroLink connects to the airport. You buy the tickets from a kiosk and validate them before you board the train. It is about 3 dollars each. Get off at 8th and Pine. The hotel is about 4 or 5 blocks away. Walk toward the Arch.

The front desk was very welcoming and friendly. Our room had a view of the river. There was always someone available in the lobby to answer question. They have a nice fitness center. There was an ATM machine on the street level.

Brewhouse Historical Sports Bar is on the street level. We had dinner there two nights. It was during March Madness so it was very busy but a fun enviroment. The menu was typical sports bar fare. I thought it was reasonably priced. The hostess and servers were all very friendly and attentive.

There is a Starbucks near the front desk. It was great for a quick light breakfast before we started sightseeing. There is also a Ruth's Chris Steak House and Red Kitchen & Bar. We did not try the Ruth's Chris. We had a Sunday morning breakfast buffet at Red Kitchen. We were seated quickly but it was a long time before we were approached by a server. One of the people bussing tables came over and asked if we anyone had been to our table. Finally a young man came and asked if we wanted the buffet or menu. He brought coffee but it tasted like it was burned. The food was good and for a hotel I thought it was very reasonably priced.

The room was pretty standard for a Hyatt. It was missing some of the things that housekeeping usually place in the room. There was a coffee maker with two packs of coffee, two tea bags, two cups, but only one pack with creamer and sugar. Usually hotels place a book or magazine of local attractions. There was nothing like that in this room. There was no room service menu. I asked guest services if they offered room service. There was no button on the phone marked room service. She said that anything on the Red Kitchen menu was available through room service or as carryout from the restaurant. She had a restaurant menu photocopied and delivered to the room. My son went down to order a pizza as a carryout and buy bottled soda from the gift shop to bring back to the room. They told him at Red that pizza was only available through room service. He gave up and we left the hotel to get food elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the 4-Star review Katie346! I appreciated your specific recommendations and also the recognition of our front desk staff. I will discuss your room concerns with our Housekeeping team. I hope your travels bring you back to St. Louis!

Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch? Share your experiences!