“Not clean” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Overland, Missouri
“Not clean”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Poor experience overall. Our entire floor was dirty, the hallway clearly had not been swept in several days. Our room was very small. One concierge was friendly, the next was rude, you never knew which you would get. The parking jockeys were were very high pressure to valet, which is your only option to park on location. The alternative was to self park, two blocks away in a nasty garage, our SUV was scratched. It felt unsafe at night. And there is still a misc. $50.00 charge pending on out credit card, who know's if they'll try to push that through. No pool, our daughter was very disappointed. Absolutely NOT family friendly. Go across the street to the Drury, a much better hotel at a lower price. Highly disappointed.

Room Tip: Parking is very bad, be prepared for that if you don't $26 valet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you for your feedback JeremyM469. Please contact me directly regarding the pending charge on your credit card, it is customary practice to keep an incidental hold of $50, however I can double check. I will speak to our housekeeping team regarding your concerns cleanliness. Again, please if you would like to contact me for personal assistance call directly to the hotel or send me an e-mail.

Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was at this hotel got an overnight stay a few weeks ago on business. Im usually at this hotel once a month with no complaints. Beautiful hotel with a great view of the arch. Friendly staff with smooth check in. The cleanliness of the hotel was less desirable. I had to switch rooms(was given upgraded suite) because if the dust in the dresser. New suite was beautiful, clean with a great view.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for the 4-Star review Samantha! I will make sure to speak to our housekeeping management team regarding the cleanliness concerns you experienced with the room you had been checked into. I hope your travels bring you back to the Hyatt St. Louis this summer!

Coatesville, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I got this hotel stay for a awesome price through priceline so I was worried about it. The rooms were HUGE!! We could have fit 4+ rollaway beds in the room, another in the bathroom and even another in the separate sitting area. We did have 2 dirty towels the first day that the staff apologized a ton for and replaced immediately. Wifi is very pricey at $15 a day and parking is by valet only and it's $27 a day BUT you are welcome to drive up to the valet, unload your car, take everything to your room and then go park. If you park about a block away to the NorthWest of the hotel in the Mansion parking, it's $8 a night during the week and $3 on weekends. Totally worth the nice walk. There are 3 restaurants in this hotel. We ate at one-the Brewhouse- and the service and food was horrific and our bill for 5 was $97. It wouldn't have been worth $20 the food was awful. I ordered an alcoholic beverage that I didn't even get a buzz from and I'm a lightweight. The sound was to loud. It was the Brewhouse...don't waste your time. The other 2 were also very price-Ruth Criss where the cheapest thing is $50 and another that wasn't to terribly priced. Very clean, very nice and my biggest complaint...no pool. Funny that I forgot this until I was asked to rate...the beds were the most uncomfortable beds ever but as you notice, that didn't even phase me because the rest of the stay was so amazing. 2 dirty towels, a stinky lady that brought up the rollaway bed and we still loved it a ton.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for 4-Star review Kristine J! I appreciated your detailed feedback on the amenities we have to offer. Our WiFi is priced at $9.95 for a 24 hour access period, we also offer room packages that include internet on Hyatt.com. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you.

LA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

OK, first I dont get St Louis, but thats another story. This hotel is the best in the area and has a great view of the Arch. Staff is very friendly and nice. The Valet/Bell Hop older guy was way off, seemed to wait for a tip when he opened the door. Then if you didnt tip him he would look at his hand as to say pay up. Happened a few times with the same guy. Rooms with the best view can be loud because of the highway between the hotel and the arch. It is centrally located and a quick walk to the baseball stadium.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay PacificAndyLa (LA). I am sharing your feedback with our Guest Services manager to make sure we address your concerns with the Bell/Valet team. Please contact me directly if you have any other questions or concerns.

Blaine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at this hotel and the location is the best. Right accross the street from the Arch and most attrations are within 15 min. The hotel staff is very accomodating and attentive. Only negatives were no pool for the grandkids, parking was expensive and long lines for valet parking at peak times and while the rooms are awesome, we found trash on the floor that the cleaning person missed, also, when our room was cleaned, they left a used washcloth in the middle of the room. Overall, would definately stay there again and would recommend this hotel for those not familiar with the area.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for the 4-Star review Teri J! A more economical parking option is the Mansion House garage which is located adjacent to the hotel and is priced $3 per night on the weekend and $8 per night during the week. I will speak to our housekeeping management team regarding your cleanliness concerns. I hope you can come back to visit us during a Cardinals game!

Chatham, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Our 2-night stay at the Hyatt was in connection with a dance convention/competition my daughter attended, so, we were able to get a double queen room for a group rate & reduced parking. However, even paying full price I felt like the Hyatt was a good hotel for the price and location. The hotel is very conveniently located to the riverfront, Arch, within easy walking distance of several great STL local restaurants & easy access to I-55.

We arrived early and asked if the front desk could let us know when our room was available. They did about 2 hours earlier than normal check-in time and told us we were getting an "extra large" double room. I had no idea what that really meant until our 2nd night - some of the rooms are slightly bigger due to location - you can apparently request one by checking for their availability upon check-in. We ended up staying another night due to a snowstorm preventing us from getting home. Our 2nd room was a little smaller. Overall, the rooms were a standard size, but comfortably fit 3 average size people.

The rooms were clean. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was updated with granite & a top counter sink. There was a contemporary feel to the decor. There was a mini-fridge, and decent sized in-room safe (large enough to fit 2 ipads, a small digital camera, headphones, and then some).

We tried the breakfast buffet, which was about $16/pp, at the hotel restaurant. Seemed a little expensive, but, it was our only meal until very late that night (w/all the dance activities going on) so we felt like it would be worth spending on it. Turns out we were right - the buffet had everything -the usual muffins/danishes & cereal, scrambled eggs, pork bacon, turkey sausage, fruits, yogurts & granola, made to order waffles & an omelet bar. We all made several trips and enjoyed the meal. Service was fast & the buffet was clean.

The Starbucks is convenient, but, be careful about the hours of operation. It closed at 7pm while we were there and that turned out to be a real bummer about 9pm when I seriously need a vanilla soy milk latte!

We utilized the valet parking and had no trouble accessing our car or issues with security.

The guest services staff were all very polite and helpful - particularly when we found ourselves in a jam and needing to stay a 2nd night due to the storm. They suggested we would get a cheaper rate booking the hotel through priceline - which we did.

My impression of the hotel was that it would definitely be good for business travelers, or travelers who may not have younger children (those that might prefer having a "free breakfast" or a pool). The lack of a free breakfast and pool are the only reasons why I didn't give the hotel an Excellent rating. Our time while at these dance conventions/competitions is pretty well used up, so we don't get to explore the city. In that regard this hotel served its purpose well. We are fairly familiar with STL and felt like this would be great accommodations for a person or family who isn't planning to veg-out at the pool, but would be spending their time exploring the riverfront, attending a Cardinal game & visiting the beautiful Gateway Arch. I would be happy to stay at this hotel for another convention!

Room Tip: Request an "extra large" room at check-in to get a little more room over the standard.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the 4-Star review! Its great to hear about the details of your stay and the great experience you had at the hotel. If you do book with us again, please check out Hyatt.com as we do have room packages that include breakfast. If there is anything I can do to personally assist you, please contact me directly.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I travel all over the US for business and my experience at the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch has been fantastic. Great rooms, great food and wonderful service from all of the employees. Having a Starbuck's coffee and a Ruth Chris Steakhouse in the lobby is an added benefit for me as well. Really feel welcome there and at the registration desk they always welcome me back and if feels like my home away from home. Highly recommend this great hotel for your next visit to St. Louis !

Room Tip: all rooms I've stayed in have been great.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the recommendation and 5-Star review cepikoff! Please let me know when you come back to visit us, so I can personally assist you.

Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch? Share your experiences!