Our 2-night stay at the Hyatt was in connection with a dance convention/competition my daughter attended, so, we were able to get a double queen room for a group rate & reduced parking. However, even paying full price I felt like the Hyatt was a good hotel for the price and location. The hotel is very conveniently located to the riverfront, Arch, within easy walking distance of several great STL local restaurants & easy access to I-55.
We arrived early and asked if the front desk could let us know when our room was available. They did about 2 hours earlier than normal check-in time and told us we were getting an "extra large" double room. I had no idea what that really meant until our 2nd night - some of the rooms are slightly bigger due to location - you can apparently request one by checking for their availability upon check-in. We ended up staying another night due to a snowstorm preventing us from getting home. Our 2nd room was a little smaller. Overall, the rooms were a standard size, but comfortably fit 3 average size people.
The rooms were clean. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was updated with granite & a top counter sink. There was a contemporary feel to the decor. There was a mini-fridge, and decent sized in-room safe (large enough to fit 2 ipads, a small digital camera, headphones, and then some).
We tried the breakfast buffet, which was about $16/pp, at the hotel restaurant. Seemed a little expensive, but, it was our only meal until very late that night (w/all the dance activities going on) so we felt like it would be worth spending on it. Turns out we were right - the buffet had everything -the usual muffins/danishes & cereal, scrambled eggs, pork bacon, turkey sausage, fruits, yogurts & granola, made to order waffles & an omelet bar. We all made several trips and enjoyed the meal. Service was fast & the buffet was clean.
The Starbucks is convenient, but, be careful about the hours of operation. It closed at 7pm while we were there and that turned out to be a real bummer about 9pm when I seriously need a vanilla soy milk latte!
We utilized the valet parking and had no trouble accessing our car or issues with security.
The guest services staff were all very polite and helpful - particularly when we found ourselves in a jam and needing to stay a 2nd night due to the storm. They suggested we would get a cheaper rate booking the hotel through priceline - which we did.
My impression of the hotel was that it would definitely be good for business travelers, or travelers who may not have younger children (those that might prefer having a "free breakfast" or a pool). The lack of a free breakfast and pool are the only reasons why I didn't give the hotel an Excellent rating. Our time while at these dance conventions/competitions is pretty well used up, so we don't get to explore the city. In that regard this hotel served its purpose well. We are fairly familiar with STL and felt like this would be great accommodations for a person or family who isn't planning to veg-out at the pool, but would be spending their time exploring the riverfront, attending a Cardinal game & visiting the beautiful Gateway Arch. I would be happy to stay at this hotel for another convention!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St. Louis Riverfront Hotel Experience uncompromising hospitality in a prime setting at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch. Steps from the famous Arch, our exemplary St. Louis hotel blends world-class service with an unparalleled location. With easy access to all of the city’s sights, our downtown hotel in St. Louis is an outstanding choice for every visitor. Select our expansive facilities - the area's premier event spaces - to host impressive business conferences, formal galas or family celebrations. Take in a game at a nearby stadium, catch a Broadway-style show, tempt Lady Luck at a casino, or simply relax in our inviting accommodations. Discover "The Hyatt Touch" at our welcoming St. Louis Missouri hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Reservation Counter, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency St. Louis At The Arch Hotel Saint Louis
- Adams Mark Hotel St Louis Missouri
- Hyatt Regency Saint Louis
- Hyatt Saint Louis