“No Arch View or King Size Bed. Service Can Be Much Better” 3 of 5 stars

All Inn Package
Ranked #28 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
“No Arch View or King Size Bed. Service Can Be Much Better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I've stayed in a number of Hyatt hotels all over the country, yet this St Louis hotel was not among my favorites.

The location of the hotel was actually the best in St Louis IMO. It's literally AT the Arch. A Starbucks was in the lobby, which was a plus for me. Everything looked clean and upscale - totally up to the Hyatt standard. Though, I didn't know if it was because I had bid the room at Priceline, or there were 600+ people conferences at the hotel, I didn't get a king room, or a room with the Arch view that everyone's been talking about. And that upset me just a little bit during the two nights I stayed there.

What was really crappy (forgive my language) was the smell in the "city view" room. I figured it was vodka and vomit, so I called someone to change the room. Not surprisingly, I didn't get it, and a young lady with her super ignorant and cold attitude showed up and sprayed cheap-feeling scent in my room. It only made it worse. The second night, maybe since I got used to the smell, it became less upsetting.

I might give it a second chance if I visit my friend in St Louis again. Given a pretty good rate, the value of the stay was actually not bad. I believe if it's less busy, the service can be much better.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback exzx. We do have rooms available with views of the Arch; these rooms do have an additional upgrade charge. The next time you book please make sure to check out our Arch-View deluxe rooms, they offer the direct Arch view and additional room space. I want to apologize for our lack of care with your room and poor follow up. Please contact me directly regarding your stay.

Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I got this hotel for $80 a night on priceline. Its exceptionally nice for me! Right next to the arch in downtown. The valet parking $26 but there is $3 parking like 2 blocks away, pretty good for a city.

Iloveburritos20 thank you for the 5-Star review! Next time you visit, please make sure to visit our Brewhouse restaurant. It’s a great place to go for a burger and a beer while watching a game. I hope that you will come and visit us again!

Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Right next to the Arch and only a few minutes away from the Budweiser Brewery, Laclede's Landing, and numerous other landmarks. Service is prompt and the restaurants inside the hotel are great as well.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jdub084 thank you so much for the 5-Star review! Make sure to visit us again once the Cardinals start playing. It’s a great atmosphere in the hotel and quite different in the downtown area. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to personally assist you.

McCool Junction, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Overall a pleasant experience. Pros: Bed was comfy and room had a great view. Enjoyed food and music at Brewhouse, (warning, they play the music louder than Jimmy Johns, but you get used to it...). Cons: NO FREE WIFI HERE, Internet fees, RIDICULOUS!! I falsely assumed they would have internet amenities since everybody else does. Other con was parking. Even though its February and freezing, the block and 1/2 walk was not too bad, (& I am cold blooded!)...It beat paying valet fees and gave me time to cool off and realize they have every right to charge for Internet if they want to.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the 4-Star review Daytripper62B! Our Red restaurant is a great restaurant if you are looking for a quieter ambiance. We have also recently rolled out a new menu in this restaurant; it offers a great selection and tastes great! Please be aware that Internet is available for no charge in our lobby. I hope you will visit us again.

MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Overall we enjoyed our stay here. We were in town for our daughter's wedding. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The only downside was the parking. Self-park was a block away, and with a little one in the middle of February, this was not a good option for us. Valet worked out well, but it cost us $26 plus tip to use it. Not a great option either.
If you're looking for a family-friendly place with GREAT FOOD....visit the Brewhouse....our waitress was amazing, and the food was awesome.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the 4-Star review MattsMom1998! Our Brewhouse restaurant is a great dining option, make sure to try Ruth's Chris steakhouse the next time you visit for a different dining experience. Please let me know if you decide to visit again, I would love to assist you.

Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed 3 nights in this hotel. The hotel is nice and the bed is so comfortable. The gym was 24 hours which was a plus. The only downfall is the internet fee and the room view. The location is so close to the arc.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the 4-Star review noia27. We do have room options available with better views, next time you book please make sure to check out one of our Arch-View deluxe rooms. They provide a panoramic view of the Arch and offer more space. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to personally assist you.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We had a very enjoyable stay overall, there was bubble gum stuck to the window sill, and no trash bags in the bathroom or main living area trash cans. The parking options have changed. There is no more self parking at the hotel. It is all valet parking now, which of course is almost 27 dollars. The self parking is a city block away, which is no good at all during the winter or bad weather. We found that the Brewhouse bar and grill located inside the hotel is very good for an after hours snack. Overall not too bad

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for the 4-Star review Dovernj! Our housekeeping management team is addressing the concerns with your room cleanliness. I would also recommend visiting our Red restaurant or Ruth's Chris steakhouse the next time you visit. I hope that we get to see you again once the weather warms up!

Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch? Share your experiences!