“Great room with a view!” 5 of 5 stars

All Inn Package
Ranked #20 of 122 hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Springfield, Illinois
“Great room with a view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Booked online through Priceline and got a great deal. It was on a weeknight so that may have helped. The hotel is beautiful. Our window was facing southeast so we had most of the arch and all of the Capitol building in view. Everything was clean and very comfortable. I valet parked due to showing u when it was dark and did not want to walk with my daughter from mansion parking lot(that ended up closed and directed us further down the road). Not excited about the cost of valet parking but just took it!

• Stayed December 2012
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for the 5-Star review eyenurse2! We do have a great location and some of our rooms do provide an amazing view of the Arch and downtown areas. To guarantee the view I would recommend booking an Arch view room or look at an Arch view deluxe room that will also offer additional space. I hope that you will visit us again!

1,343 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I was there for a conference. It was very convenient. I only had to leave for a bit of sight seeing and to eat. I would have loved it if the touch screen attraction locator, if that is its' name, had more places to choose. Front desk was nice, concierge was away from the desk often, but a simple Google search would help when looking for unlisted activities. The room was beautiful. House keeping did an excellent job of making the room look as if I just checked in. I recommend it, but if you are going to take in any outside activities, make an itinerary and have attractions already mapped out.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the 5-Star review ninatravis! I appreciate your acknowledgement of our Front Office staff. We will work harder to maintain a better presence at our concierge desk; however any of our staff can assist with recommendations on activities. If you plan on returning to the St. Louis area, please let me know so I can personally assist you with planning activities!

Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I like to stay at Hyatt hotels since I always experience great service and wonderful rooms. I found a great deal on the internet for this location at the Arch and booked it for our one night stay in St. Louis. We did experience a huge error upon check-in...we arrived to an unclean room.
After arriving very late and checking in close to midnight we arrived in our room to find it not cleaned from the previous guest. We were exhausted, called the front desk and the manager met us outside of the room and upgraded us to a suite. The room was a perfect view of the arch and we sat on the couch and enjoyed the night view of the Arch and river. Check out was a noon but we did ask for a late checkout due to the mistake in rooms. We slept in, enjoyed our exquisite suite, with the most perfect view of the arch and then headed to the Starbucks located in The Hyatt for coffee and breakfast before heading to The Arch. We had no complaints after our upgrade and I would pay regular price for this room anytime staying in St. Louis. This hotel is the place to stay if you are in St. Louis. Great location, great service. Besides the mix-up with the room, another great experience at The Hyatt hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for the 4-Star review tsaylor79! Our Front Office team will review your feedback and re-train staff to avoid having the same mistake ever happen again in the future. I appreciated your acknowledgement of our recovery efforts and hope that you will give us another chance if your travels bring you back to St. Louis.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Good overall but the price we paid wasn't worth it. I like to save money and not have to tip a ton of people but that is next to impossible here. Also I paid 166.00 for one night. No joke. They add a ton of taxes and your vehicle pretty much has to be parked valet. Wouldn't go there again.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your feedback SamandMiranda. We offer a variety of packages off of Hyatt.com that can provide a better value. There is also a self-parking lot adjacent to the hotel for $8 per night on the weekdays and $3 per night on the weekend. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to personally assist you.

Winston-Salem, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

The receptionist was awesome, she greeted my 3 yr old. Gave her a hug when we arrived and when we left. Everything was great, its a huge hotel. The only problem was the valet, they have strong attitudes, enough to make you mad. They treated me like I was completely stupid. But the hotel stay is nice.

• Stayed October 2012
Banks, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This hotel had recently been renovated and you could definitely tell it. The halls and carpet were stained. there were weak places in the floor. The staff was excellent. The computer in the lobby froze and i couldn't get my boarding pass printed. One of the young ladies at the check`in desk graciously helped me even though it was self service.They helped with any problems or concerns. . Service was good, however this hotel is not quite up to Hyatt standards.There were no problems with the rooms-small but comfortable. Room was satisfactory. There were a few concerns with housekeeping but they were fixed promptly. If you want to visit the Arches, stay at this hotel. For a few dollars more get a room with a view of the arches.

Room Tip: Ask for what you need````we wanted a room close to the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for your feedback Arkansasgranny2. I will share your feedback regarding hallway carpet with our Executive Housekeeper; we will check our corridors and shampoo any concern areas. I appreciated your feedback regarding our Front of House staff; I will make sure your comments are passed on to our Front Office Manager. I hope that you will visit us again in the near future, please let me know if there is anything I can do to personally assist you.

Kim Halbrehder – Assistant Rooms Executive
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Overall this hotel was a good experience. It is in a great location and easy walking distance to the Arch, Ballpark and some downtown shopping. Inside it feels recently updated and clean. The only negative I can think of is that the hallways were really loud at night! Maybe it was just the hallway I was in, but it was tough to sleep!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the 4-Star review ccctravels! Your concerns related to noise will be shared with our security team. We do our best to patrol the hotel on a daily basis to avoid any issues for our guests. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will visit us again in the near future!

Kim Halbrehder – Assistant Rooms Executive
Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch? Share your experiences!