“Good Location” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Banks, Arkansas
“Good Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This hotel had recently been renovated and you could definitely tell it. The halls and carpet were stained. there were weak places in the floor. The staff was excellent. The computer in the lobby froze and i couldn't get my boarding pass printed. One of the young ladies at the check`in desk graciously helped me even though it was self service.They helped with any problems or concerns. . Service was good, however this hotel is not quite up to Hyatt standards.There were no problems with the rooms-small but comfortable. Room was satisfactory. There were a few concerns with housekeeping but they were fixed promptly. If you want to visit the Arches, stay at this hotel. For a few dollars more get a room with a view of the arches.

Room Tip: Ask for what you need````we wanted a room close to the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for your feedback Arkansasgranny2. I will share your feedback regarding hallway carpet with our Executive Housekeeper; we will check our corridors and shampoo any concern areas. I appreciated your feedback regarding our Front of House staff; I will make sure your comments are passed on to our Front Office Manager. I hope that you will visit us again in the near future, please let me know if there is anything I can do to personally assist you.

Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Overall this hotel was a good experience. It is in a great location and easy walking distance to the Arch, Ballpark and some downtown shopping. Inside it feels recently updated and clean. The only negative I can think of is that the hallways were really loud at night! Maybe it was just the hallway I was in, but it was tough to sleep!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the 4-Star review ccctravels! Your concerns related to noise will be shared with our security team. We do our best to patrol the hotel on a daily basis to avoid any issues for our guests. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will visit us again in the near future!

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The hotel is great: rooms are huge, lots of space, with good bed. The fitness center is good also, way better than average hotels. There are three or four restaurants inside the hotel that are a good option, of different styles, including a relaxed sports bar.
The main issue is the location: if you want to see the arch, or go the ball game, then this is the place. But if this is not your main goal, you'll struggle to find something to do at night. Downtown is empty at night, no one is walking on the streets, and restaurants and bars are limited. The best option for the night live and restaurants is on the other side of the town, a aprox 15 min taxi ride.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the 4-Star review GiovaniG! I appreciated the recommendation of our Stay fit center and our wonderful restaurants! Downtown St. Louis can be quiet; however there are some great options fairly close to the hotel. If you do plan on visiting us again, please shoot me an e-mail and I would love to offer some night life options that may be closer.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Great place to stay if wanting to see the arch! We were given super bad directions to a restaurant, but everyone was very friendly. The rooms are just average... Nothing special! Worked great for a 1 night stay while traveling!

• Stayed November 2012
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Thank you for the 4-Star review tkilhoffer! Please send me an e-mail and let me know which restaurant you had received poor instructions on getting too. I want to make sure we address this with our guest services and front office staff. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to additionally assist you.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights. Nov 26th - 30th. Personnel are nice but the product is average. Was upgraded to a corner unit and it wasn't all that. I can't imagine what the other rooms are like. Room design is awkward. Nice bathroom. The closet is walk in but only because the room is not properly designed. The room is a nice size but plain and actually feels empty. Not enough drawer space for apparel, tv swivels but along with the stand, walls are scratched, alarm clock has iPod nano dock (who still carries those?), bed is decent, tub originally was not draining properly but the engineer fixed it the day I informed the front desk. Downtown St. Louis is a ghost town this time of year after 5pm. Not much of a value stay. That's it in a nutshell!

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for the feedback Geovani1. We will check our corner rooms and see if we can move the furniture to make the room more accommodating for our guests. If you plan on returning, please let me know and I can assist in providing activity options for the downtown area.

Fullerton, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The location is excellent, since we went there for the arch. I don’t think you can find a hotel closer to the arch than this one.
The lady working at the front desk when we checked in, Bessie, was very helpful. She upgraded us to a room on the 18th floor when I requested a room with a view of the arch. But our room still looked nothing like those on Hyatt Regency’s website.
Don’t think their housekeeping did a good job. I found hair on my hand towel. The hair dryer was also very dusty.

We will stay there again next time since no hotel has a better location and view but pay more for a better room. Hope it will be cleaner.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the 4-Star review cynthiacheng! We will retrain our Housekeeping team on re-checking all towels that are placed in our rooms as well as checking the dryer for dust. I appreciated your recognition of Bessie and her efforts; I will make sure your feedback is shared with our Front Office team. Please let me know if you plan on returning so we can make sure to do a better job with your room on your next visit!

Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have been here couple times and it is bang opposite to the arch. If you use economy parking which is at the mansion house around the block, you only pay $8/day as against $ 26 valet parking. We booked via priceline and hence it wasn't a bad deal. However the housekeeping was terrible. They cleaned zilch.
Breakfast buffet is $15 and change... you might be better of to to go to Hardees which is a block away.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the 4-Star review and parking recommendation Karjanmed! I will share your concerns regarding room cleanliness with our Executive Housekeeper. Please contact me directly if there is anything I can do to personally assist you.

Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch? Share your experiences!