“only 25 $ per a 'star' is great” 4 of 5 stars

All Inn Package
Ranked #27 of 124 hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Moscow, Russia
“only 25 $ per a 'star' is great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for one night as tourists. The location is awesome: its in the downtown centre 2 minutes on foot from the Arch and 5-7 minutes from the Amtrak station by cab. We were easily checked in 30 minutes before the official check-in time. It turned out that the Internet actually is free. The room was spacious and clean.The most incredible thing is the value for money: if you can find 4-stars hotel for only 100 USD with taxes for two person with breakfast and complimentary Internet in the heart of the city, please let me know. No doubts I'll stay there. Despite it was some kind of a school league american football game the weekend we stayed and the hotel was overcrowded with small participants, fans, supporters and their parents the staff was very pleasant and rather quick with their regular duties. We were staying in a queue for breakfast, but it was moving so rapid, so I take it as a well done professional work of waiters and hostesses. I wish I could put an excellent mark, but we were expecting to have bathrobes in our room and there were none. Moreover the call to room service department gave us nothing, no one even picked up the phone and we weren't called back. In any case I consider this visit as an excellent experience. I can definitely recommend this hotel as a place to stay in Saint Louis.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for the 4-Star review Begemoth! Over this Holiday weekend we were offering free internet to all of our guests. We are currently charging at $9.95 for standard internet and $14.95 for premium speed internet. Please let me know if your travels bring you back to St. Louis. I would love to personally assist you.

1,456 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stay at the Hyatt Regency at the Arch several times per year for work. The hotel is located in a great area - walking distance to see a Cardinals or Rams game. It's quite literally across the street from the Arch and the old courthouse. The views of the Arch and river cannot be missed. You're also near a lot o restaurants and the Lumiere Casino has a shuttle that will pick you up and drop you off (should you want to gamble a bit). As a business traveler, some of the rooms have a small desk which is not ideal to work in, however for those traveling on holiday, that should not be an issue. Also, the hotel staff is very friendly and there's a Starbucks in the hotel. Definitely consider this hotel for your next trip.

Room Tip: Ask for an odd numbered room above the 30's (like 1235 - 12th floor, 35th room). That will get...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the 4-Star review and recommendations to other guests ChcgoMichael! As a loyal Hyatt St. Louis guest I would recommend you sign up for our Gold Passport rewards program to earn points for free stays and other perks as you gain membership levels. Please let me know if there is anything I can personally do to assist you.

Ft. Worth, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed two nights at the downtown Hyatt Regency on our Thanksgiving trip through the mid-west. Because it was a holiday week, my husband (the planner) bid on the room through a bargain site and came away with a ridiculously low rate (less than fifty dollars/night). We ended up with a beautiful, well-appointed and updated room overlooking the Old Courthouse.

We couldn't think of one thing to complain about: the bellmen were polite, helpful, and efficient -- a great way to introduce us to the hotel; the beds were really comfortable (pillow top) with soft linens; the room was large and the modern decor was pleasing to the eye; we also appreciated one sink in the outer bath area and one in the tub area, as well as the large shower head; we made use of the small refrigerator in the room and were pleased with the "smart" thermostat (wall, not window). Above all, everything was clean. Really clean.

Although this hotel is too big to serve breakfast, there is a Starbuck's in one part of the building and a couple of restaurants, as well. In addition, there is room service. Self-parking is $8/day and valet parking is $26/day; if you don't like navigating in downtown traffic, the extra fee may be worth it.

We have nothing but good memories from our stay and think it was one of our all-time best values.

Room Tip: An upper floor will give you great views --- ask for a room with a view of the Arch.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the 5-Star review Linda G! I appreciate your recognition of our Bellman and the tip on parking. We have recently switched a portion of our hotel to a new pillow top mattress and are excited to have our new pillow top mattress in every room by early 2013. I hope that we can continue to provide memorable moments for you and any friends or family you have that may visit us again in the future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed at this hotel during our trip to St. Louis. The lobby was beautiful. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was walking distance from the arch and the stadiums. The hotel offers a breakfast buffet for $15. There is also a great bar/restaurant attached to the hotel called the St. Louis Brew House which is open until midnight. The food there was delicious! Thank goodness for this restaurant because the city of St. Louis shuts down on Sundays and there would have been no where else to eat!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the 5-Star review TheTravelingObserver! Our Brew house restaurant is a great place to go on a Sunday evening, providing a variety of food options, draft beers and cocktails. Our staff assists in making sure that any visit to St. Louis is enjoyable. If you do plan on returning, please let me know and I would love to personally assist you.

Montana City, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Our party reserved a smoking room by phone the day of arrival. We were quoted the AAA rate of $89. Upon check in the clerk went over our reservation and said "you have reserved a non- smoking room at this rate". I told him we made it very plain that we requested smoking. He then informs us that it will be an additional $30.
We were exhausted and decided to just pay it. Still not a bad rate for a downtown Hyatt.
We were disappointed in our room. The bathroom was not clean. The tables in the room had glass tops with crusted food under the glass. The room was fairly small.
On the up side, most of the staff was very nice and accommodating,we requested a fan and it was brought up right away, we had a partial nice view of the Arch and river, and there is a Starbucks in the lobby.
Pretty sure I would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback from your most recent stay akmoma. I apologize for the housekeeping concerns you experienced. Your comments will be shared with our housekeeping team and the Executive Housekeeper. Our smoking optional rooms are provided at an additional charge of $30 per night. I appreciate your recognition of our staff and their kindness. Please let me know if there is anything additionally I can do to assist you.

Crawley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My partner and I stayed here whilst driving Route 66 and I would highly recommend this hotel. Staff were friendly, food was excellent, cocktails were amazing, great location right by the Arch. We had a room facing the Arch and Courthouse so view was amazing. We only stayed the one night but I would definitely return

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the 5-Star review TravellerHB1979! Our staff routinely provides an exceptional level of service, I will make sure your comments are shared with the hotel. Please let me know if you do plan on returning, I would love to assist you with a future booking.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

First of all, nicest people I ahve met in a while at any hotel. HAving said that, this hotel sits downtown St.Louis and is surrounded by some of the most traffice nosiue I ahve ever expereinced. WHen everyon says try to get a room on a higher floor, do it. As far as the view of the arch , be careful because the conference center and rooms is located right beside a 4 or 6 lane highway! OMG, the noise is jsut to much!

When I arrived there were roaches in my bathtub, but that did not upset me to much, they ahave been around for millions of years, however I was not offered another room or any compensatiuon what so ever, jsut o we will ahve someone look at it... I am sure the raoches are now auditioning for the next Men in Black movie!

I have stayed at Hyatt's all over the US, and this was my least favorite, the elevators are to slow and the banquet food was to cold. Walk three blocks up to the Chil Mac and get a great breakfast for under 5 bucks! Go over to Anthony's Bar, beside the famous Tony's restaurant and ask Joe the bar tender for his recommendation for a meal that night, drink and dinner under 30 bucks!

Again, loved the people at the Arch but they should have been a little nicer to me... o by the way when I checked in I asked for a room away from traffic and the young lady said no problem! She stuck me witht the roaches in a room facing city traffic... I just did not have the heart to argue after my long flight... my bad!

Room Tip: Stay some where else... or get a room on the 17th/18th floor.... but really to noisey!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback from your most recent stay L f. I apologize for the noise you experienced from the highway and the housekeeping concerns you had mentioned. I will make sure to review the positioning of rooms with our Front Office staff and also address your housekeeping concerns with our Executive Housekeeper. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to personally assist you.

Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch? Share your experiences!