“Clean, comfy, and full of style” 5 of 5 stars

All Inn Package
Ranked #27 of 124 hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ft. Worth, TX
“Clean, comfy, and full of style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed two nights at the downtown Hyatt Regency on our Thanksgiving trip through the mid-west. Because it was a holiday week, my husband (the planner) bid on the room through a bargain site and came away with a ridiculously low rate (less than fifty dollars/night). We ended up with a beautiful, well-appointed and updated room overlooking the Old Courthouse.

We couldn't think of one thing to complain about: the bellmen were polite, helpful, and efficient -- a great way to introduce us to the hotel; the beds were really comfortable (pillow top) with soft linens; the room was large and the modern decor was pleasing to the eye; we also appreciated one sink in the outer bath area and one in the tub area, as well as the large shower head; we made use of the small refrigerator in the room and were pleased with the "smart" thermostat (wall, not window). Above all, everything was clean. Really clean.

Although this hotel is too big to serve breakfast, there is a Starbuck's in one part of the building and a couple of restaurants, as well. In addition, there is room service. Self-parking is $8/day and valet parking is $26/day; if you don't like navigating in downtown traffic, the extra fee may be worth it.

We have nothing but good memories from our stay and think it was one of our all-time best values.

Room Tip: An upper floor will give you great views --- ask for a room with a view of the Arch.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for the 5-Star review Linda G! I appreciate your recognition of our Bellman and the tip on parking. We have recently switched a portion of our hotel to a new pillow top mattress and are excited to have our new pillow top mattress in every room by early 2013. I hope that we can continue to provide memorable moments for you and any friends or family you have that may visit us again in the future.

1,446 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed at this hotel during our trip to St. Louis. The lobby was beautiful. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was walking distance from the arch and the stadiums. The hotel offers a breakfast buffet for $15. There is also a great bar/restaurant attached to the hotel called the St. Louis Brew House which is open until midnight. The food there was delicious! Thank goodness for this restaurant because the city of St. Louis shuts down on Sundays and there would have been no where else to eat!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the 5-Star review TheTravelingObserver! Our Brew house restaurant is a great place to go on a Sunday evening, providing a variety of food options, draft beers and cocktails. Our staff assists in making sure that any visit to St. Louis is enjoyable. If you do plan on returning, please let me know and I would love to personally assist you.

Montana City, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Our party reserved a smoking room by phone the day of arrival. We were quoted the AAA rate of $89. Upon check in the clerk went over our reservation and said "you have reserved a non- smoking room at this rate". I told him we made it very plain that we requested smoking. He then informs us that it will be an additional $30.
We were exhausted and decided to just pay it. Still not a bad rate for a downtown Hyatt.
We were disappointed in our room. The bathroom was not clean. The tables in the room had glass tops with crusted food under the glass. The room was fairly small.
On the up side, most of the staff was very nice and accommodating,we requested a fan and it was brought up right away, we had a partial nice view of the Arch and river, and there is a Starbucks in the lobby.
Pretty sure I would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback from your most recent stay akmoma. I apologize for the housekeeping concerns you experienced. Your comments will be shared with our housekeeping team and the Executive Housekeeper. Our smoking optional rooms are provided at an additional charge of $30 per night. I appreciate your recognition of our staff and their kindness. Please let me know if there is anything additionally I can do to assist you.

Crawley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My partner and I stayed here whilst driving Route 66 and I would highly recommend this hotel. Staff were friendly, food was excellent, cocktails were amazing, great location right by the Arch. We had a room facing the Arch and Courthouse so view was amazing. We only stayed the one night but I would definitely return

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the 5-Star review TravellerHB1979! Our staff routinely provides an exceptional level of service, I will make sure your comments are shared with the hotel. Please let me know if you do plan on returning, I would love to assist you with a future booking.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

First of all, nicest people I ahve met in a while at any hotel. HAving said that, this hotel sits downtown St.Louis and is surrounded by some of the most traffice nosiue I ahve ever expereinced. WHen everyon says try to get a room on a higher floor, do it. As far as the view of the arch , be careful because the conference center and rooms is located right beside a 4 or 6 lane highway! OMG, the noise is jsut to much!

When I arrived there were roaches in my bathtub, but that did not upset me to much, they ahave been around for millions of years, however I was not offered another room or any compensatiuon what so ever, jsut o we will ahve someone look at it... I am sure the raoches are now auditioning for the next Men in Black movie!

I have stayed at Hyatt's all over the US, and this was my least favorite, the elevators are to slow and the banquet food was to cold. Walk three blocks up to the Chil Mac and get a great breakfast for under 5 bucks! Go over to Anthony's Bar, beside the famous Tony's restaurant and ask Joe the bar tender for his recommendation for a meal that night, drink and dinner under 30 bucks!

Again, loved the people at the Arch but they should have been a little nicer to me... o by the way when I checked in I asked for a room away from traffic and the young lady said no problem! She stuck me witht the roaches in a room facing city traffic... I just did not have the heart to argue after my long flight... my bad!

Room Tip: Stay some where else... or get a room on the 17th/18th floor.... but really to noisey!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback from your most recent stay L f. I apologize for the noise you experienced from the highway and the housekeeping concerns you had mentioned. I will make sure to review the positioning of rooms with our Front Office staff and also address your housekeeping concerns with our Executive Housekeeper. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to personally assist you.

GRANDVIEW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This was perfect for our mini vacation to St. Louis! The view from our hotel room was BEAUTIFUL!! Price was pretty great! Bed super comfortable! Only bad thing was that the tv couldn't turn off. The remote and button didn't work.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the 5-Star review MEGAN M! We have a great location for a quick getaway with a variety of activities in walking distance and a selection of great amenities in the hotel. Your concerns with the television remote will be shared with our Housekeeping team. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to personally assist you.

Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This location offers a very comfortable room and great location in St. Louis. The in-house restaurant "Red" has a small variety of options but the food was very good. The beds are comfy and the view from our room was amazing. The rooms and common areas were very clean and well-maintained. However, staff are not as professional as one would expect from Hyatt:

1. The valet staff are very rude and obnoxious. They do not wish to assist in any way and basically want to stand around doing nothing while you figure out what you need to do. The exception to this was Joseph who assisted us following check-out. Out of probably 10 valet staff, he is honestly the only one who was courteous and helpful.

2. India at the Front Desk is a force to be reckoned with. I had called a bellman at 10:45am to assist with luggage for check-out. At 11:25am she phoned my room to say "you will be out of that room by Noon or I will charge you for an extra night." When I told her that I had been waiting for a bellman for almost an hour, her response, which was agressive and loud, was, "either way be out of there by Noon." I proceeded down to the Front Desk and handled the situation in the most cordial way possible. She remained rude and very curt advising me that I should have called for a bellman earlier than I did. I never expected it to take an hour for a bellman to arrive. The Front Desk Manager on duty was equally as rude and obnoxious telling me, "we are sold out for the night and you need to make arrangements to be out of the room by Noon." This was ridiculous since a) I had not requested a late check-out and 2) I was waiting on their staff to remove luggage which is what they are paid to do.

I have been a Hyatt Gold Passport member since the program since its inception. Having stayed at countless Hyatt Hotels throughout the world, this was by far the worst experience with hotel staff. The accomodations themselves are A+++ and genuine Hyatt. The staff at this location easily receive an F- and management should consider retraining in customer service and proper personalities during their work hours. I will not return to this location. We ended up moving to the Hilton and was very impressed with the staff and hotel. A far better environment.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback ScottHSH. I apologize for the poor interactions you experienced with our Valet and Front Office staff. Your feedback has been shared with our Valet parking manager and Front Office Manager. We will speak to and re-train the associates you had mentioned. Please let me know if there is anything I can personally do to earn your loyalty back to the Hyatt St. Louis.

Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch? Share your experiences!