“BEST HOTEL!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
GRANDVIEW
“BEST HOTEL!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This was perfect for our mini vacation to St. Louis! The view from our hotel room was BEAUTIFUL!! Price was pretty great! Bed super comfortable! Only bad thing was that the tv couldn't turn off. The remote and button didn't work.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for the 5-Star review MEGAN M! We have a great location for a quick getaway with a variety of activities in walking distance and a selection of great amenities in the hotel. Your concerns with the television remote will be shared with our Housekeeping team. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to personally assist you.

1,493 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This location offers a very comfortable room and great location in St. Louis. The in-house restaurant "Red" has a small variety of options but the food was very good. The beds are comfy and the view from our room was amazing. The rooms and common areas were very clean and well-maintained. However, staff are not as professional as one would expect from Hyatt:

1. The valet staff are very rude and obnoxious. They do not wish to assist in any way and basically want to stand around doing nothing while you figure out what you need to do. The exception to this was Joseph who assisted us following check-out. Out of probably 10 valet staff, he is honestly the only one who was courteous and helpful.

2. India at the Front Desk is a force to be reckoned with. I had called a bellman at 10:45am to assist with luggage for check-out. At 11:25am she phoned my room to say "you will be out of that room by Noon or I will charge you for an extra night." When I told her that I had been waiting for a bellman for almost an hour, her response, which was agressive and loud, was, "either way be out of there by Noon." I proceeded down to the Front Desk and handled the situation in the most cordial way possible. She remained rude and very curt advising me that I should have called for a bellman earlier than I did. I never expected it to take an hour for a bellman to arrive. The Front Desk Manager on duty was equally as rude and obnoxious telling me, "we are sold out for the night and you need to make arrangements to be out of the room by Noon." This was ridiculous since a) I had not requested a late check-out and 2) I was waiting on their staff to remove luggage which is what they are paid to do.

I have been a Hyatt Gold Passport member since the program since its inception. Having stayed at countless Hyatt Hotels throughout the world, this was by far the worst experience with hotel staff. The accomodations themselves are A+++ and genuine Hyatt. The staff at this location easily receive an F- and management should consider retraining in customer service and proper personalities during their work hours. I will not return to this location. We ended up moving to the Hilton and was very impressed with the staff and hotel. A far better environment.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback ScottHSH. I apologize for the poor interactions you experienced with our Valet and Front Office staff. Your feedback has been shared with our Valet parking manager and Front Office Manager. We will speak to and re-train the associates you had mentioned. Please let me know if there is anything I can personally do to earn your loyalty back to the Hyatt St. Louis.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed on 11/14 on a rate that included free internet and breakfast buffet, still less than $110. The breakfast buffet is like no other, an omelet station, hot and cold foods, fruits and cheeses and smoothies. Room comfy and access to major highways and STL stadiums is excellent.

Room Tip: Get a rate that includes breakfast, it's surely worth it.
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My friend calls the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch her go-to hotel for STL accommodations, so I was eager to stay there. I have to admit the view of the arch is nice; seems like I can reach out and touch the it. The Ruth’s Chris restaurant on the first floor was delicious with great Happy Hour deals at the bar, inviting atmosphere and friendly customers.

My room was nothing spectacular – small in size, but comfortable for two. Flat screen television, small desk area and cozy chair with reading lamp. The bathroom has tile flooring, granite counters, nice fixtures and hardware. Room sizes do vary greatly at this hotel.
The hotel offers Wi-Fi for a fee, but it is free in the lobby, restaurant, bar and lounge areas on the main floor. Check-in and checkout were both smooth and uneventful.

Guest services employees were efficient and friendly. While surfing the internet on my netbook, I overheard one of the representatives attempting to assist a very hungry guest at around two in the morning. She was quite patient as he/she asked a number of seemingly mundane questions via telephone. Eventually she called a cab for the guest. When the cab notified the desk of the driver’s arrival, she called the guest to notify him/her that the cab was ready for the White Castle run. More back and forth exchanges followed, guest finally came down, woo-hoo, food run.

Overall a nice place with wonderful facilities – workout room, restaurant, bar, et cetera. My stay was comfortable and secure. High five!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the 4-Star review iluv2go2! Your positive comments about our Front Office staff will be shared with the Front Office Manager. I appreciate your recognition of their efforts in providing a seamless arrival and departure experience. Please let me know if you plan on returning, I would love to assist you.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt for a conference so price did not affect me. Overall, the hotel was great and I would recommend it. I had a 16th floor room with a view of the Arch and the old Courthouse. You can walk to the 2nd Street area which is full of bars and places to eat. My only negative comment would be about the room. When I checked, the bathroom had been cleaned but the previous occupents soap was still in the shower and there were other bathroom items that were on the counter that were not part of the hotel freebies. It just got me thinking about the rest of the room and how clean it really was.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the 4-Star review and restaurant recommendations TCMexico! Your housekeeping concerns will be addressed with our Executive Housekeeper. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to personally assist you on a future visit.

Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I normally wouldn't be able to afford to stay at a hotel like this, but I was attending a conference there and we got a great rate for booking it through the conference. My room was on the small side, but the great view of the Arch and the Mississippi River made up for it. It was comfortable and clean, too. It was a long walk from the elevators to my room, but I rarely had to wait long for an elevator. The Fitness Center was quite nice, and there's a Starbucks off the lobby. The staff was quite friendly. Just beware,though, that if you stay on a weekend night, it could be quite noisy. A few popular bars and restaurants are located in the hotel lobby, and the place was party central on both weekend nights. My first night, I had several people yelling in the halls late at night. A colleague reported that on Friday night, people were running down the halls at 1:30 a.m. yelling, "Wake up everyone!." Obviously the hotel can't control the behavior of drunk and obnoxious guests, and signs are posted asking for quiet after 9 p.m. The hotel is a great location for seeing anything downtown.

Room Tip: Make sure you get one with a view of the Arch!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the 4-Star review dsb2! Our Stay fit gym is a wonderful amenity to all of our guests who enjoy a workout; the gym is open 24 hours a day and has a variety of machines available for exercise. I apologize for the noise you experienced while a guest at the hotel. Our security team does their best to patrol the hallways and ensure a quiet night’s sleep is provided to all of our guests. I will address your stay concerns with our Director of Security.

Hiawassee, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

When we got to the 9th floor - it felt like we walked forever from the elevator - but when we entered our room and looked out the window...WOW! Looking right at the arch. It's a better view than being right there at the park. The hotel was clean, well staffed and full of ViSalions from all over North America! There is a Ruth Chris Steak House, parking garage, valet, a brewery/sports bar restaurant (great wings), and another dining place where the angus burger was pretty bad. They won't change the sheets unless you ask. We never got new coffee cups after the first morning. But otherwise, it was nice. I even lost my debit card after coming back from the ViSalus Party Saturday night... as I went to the desk downstairs someone was turning it in - another ViSalus Promoter - good people I tell you! Boy, was I thanking God on the way back up the elevator!!!

Room Tip: I was in room 993 but I can't tell how the hotel is laid out - just ask for a room with a view o...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the 4-Star review dsb2! I appreciate your recommendations of various dining options within the hotel. We are a "Green" hotel and do provide daily housekeeping service, if a guest is staying over we change the sheets every third day and of course upon every guests checkout. It’s great to hear that you had your lost debit card turned in! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to personally assist you.

Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch? Share your experiences!