This location offers a very comfortable room and great location in St. Louis. The in-house restaurant "Red" has a small variety of options but the food was very good. The beds are comfy and the view from our room was amazing. The rooms and common areas were very clean and well-maintained. However, staff are not as professional as one would expect from Hyatt:
1. The valet staff are very rude and obnoxious. They do not wish to assist in any way and basically want to stand around doing nothing while you figure out what you need to do. The exception to this was Joseph who assisted us following check-out. Out of probably 10 valet staff, he is honestly the only one who was courteous and helpful.
2. India at the Front Desk is a force to be reckoned with. I had called a bellman at 10:45am to assist with luggage for check-out. At 11:25am she phoned my room to say "you will be out of that room by Noon or I will charge you for an extra night." When I told her that I had been waiting for a bellman for almost an hour, her response, which was agressive and loud, was, "either way be out of there by Noon." I proceeded down to the Front Desk and handled the situation in the most cordial way possible. She remained rude and very curt advising me that I should have called for a bellman earlier than I did. I never expected it to take an hour for a bellman to arrive. The Front Desk Manager on duty was equally as rude and obnoxious telling me, "we are sold out for the night and you need to make arrangements to be out of the room by Noon." This was ridiculous since a) I had not requested a late check-out and 2) I was waiting on their staff to remove luggage which is what they are paid to do.
I have been a Hyatt Gold Passport member since the program since its inception. Having stayed at countless Hyatt Hotels throughout the world, this was by far the worst experience with hotel staff. The accomodations themselves are A+++ and genuine Hyatt. The staff at this location easily receive an F- and management should consider retraining in customer service and proper personalities during their work hours. I will not return to this location. We ended up moving to the Hilton and was very impressed with the staff and hotel. A far better environment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St. Louis Riverfront Hotel Experience uncompromising hospitality in a prime setting at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch. Steps from the famous Arch, our exemplary St. Louis hotel blends world-class service with an unparalleled location. With easy access to all of the city’s sights, our downtown hotel in St. Louis is an outstanding choice for every visitor. Select our expansive facilities - the area's premier event spaces - to host impressive business conferences, formal galas or family celebrations. Take in a game at a nearby stadium, catch a Broadway-style show, tempt Lady Luck at a casino, or simply relax in our inviting accommodations. Discover "The Hyatt Touch" at our welcoming St. Louis Missouri hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency St. Louis At The Arch Hotel Saint Louis
- Adams Mark Hotel St Louis Missouri
- Hyatt Regency Saint Louis
- Hyatt Saint Louis