“WOW view!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“WOW view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This hotel had amazing lobby, staff, view, everything! We could look out our window and see an unobstructed view of the entire arch. While we didn't stay long enough to take advantage of the restaurants, they looked amazing and I would definitely go back to this hotel again for a longer period of time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for the 5-Star review bengalc! On your return visit please make sure to try out one of our restaurant selections, I personally recommend the Brewhouse as they have a large variety of draft beers and a great menu! Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you.

Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
Selma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I had a quick overnight here before my trip to India. I took the train from the airport, then walked about <10 mins to the hotel. The hotel is nice, staff warm and lounge decent. I got a room facing the Arch so was cool. There is a Ruths Chris steak house in the hotel, so bonus for me. Saying that, I'd skip it and hit the many bars/restaurants in the area and have some bbq.

Room Tip: Get Arch view.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for the 5-Star review whip383! Your positive comments will be shared with our staff. Downtown St. Louis has a variety of activities and restaurants, if you need help on a recommendation, please let me know

Hoffman Estates, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Even thought the hotel looks old and the lobby being crowded, the rooms were pretty quite and had a decent ambience. I was alloted a room which had a partial view of the arch in the falls, the front desk lady was very ploite and helping. I guess the rooms (per front office desk, such rooms are much less in count) with proper arch view would give an excellent view.
Lobby staff were all very polite and helping, unable to comment on house keeping since the room was well maintained and was redone properly while we were away.

Pros
Downtown Location
Room cleanlines and Ambience
Room faclities - flat screen tv, ipod dock
Excellent Bathroom faclities
Lobby loaded with starbucks, a sports bar, an italian restaurant and a high end steak house

Cons
Expensive hotel parking - but there are cheaper parking options outside within couple of blocks on the road. I used "Mansion House Parking" (330 N 4th St, St. Louis, MO, 63102) which charged $3/night over the weekends.
Lack of free WiFi @ such a high end hotel

I booked a king size bed, but I felt the room size was small and I am not sure if this got compromised since I requested a preference for a room with arch view.

Room Tip: Booked via priceline.com, hence real worth the value for money.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the 4-Star review MuraliKNair! We do offer more spacious and beautiful rooms that provide a direct view of the Arch, in order to guarantee this type of room there is an additional charge. Your positive comments regarding Hotel facility and staff will be shared with our hotel. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you.

Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nights for a business meeting that was booked by my company. I have to air, I wasn't too excited when I saw that on my itinerary. I have 2 of the worst hotel experiences ever at this property. But I must say that it has proved vastly since I last stayed here. Check in was friendly and fast, and they changed me over to a king without any hassle. The room was large and the bathroom proved significantly (the shower was great!) the beds were very comfortable and the room was clean. I don't like paying for Internet, but the premium @ $11.95/day was worth it. My only complaint was that there was no creamer for the coffee in room, so I used the Starbucks in the lobby. I didn't eat on the property, bud did have a few drinks in the Brewhouse sports bar, which had a great selection of craft beers. Overall, this stay was a great surprise.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for the 4-Star review MLB33! We look to continually improve and I appreciate that you recognized our efforts during your most recent stay. I will pass on your positive comments regarding check in to our Front Office team. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to personally assist you.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

I stay here for work regularly. This week's stay was great with a good view of the arch and good service. The room service food was actually very good (I had the bacon hamburger). One flaw - parking is expensive, especially when you can park two blocks up the road for $8/day. I'd suggest not using valet - it's a short walk and will save you or your company a pretty penny.

• Stayed October 2012
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for the 4-star review and your continued loyalty at our hotel Liaviator! I will make sure your great comments about our room service are passed on to the Food and Beverage management team. We offer valet parking at $26 per night and also have a more economical option located next to the hotel. If there is anything I can do to personally assist you, please let me know.

Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I headed to St Louis for a concert at the Pagent and stayed at the Hyatt downtown. I bid on the room and got it for a great deal. The hotel is in a great location, but hotel parking is expensive! We self-parked for a 1/6 of the price. Room was clean and I loved the modern decor. We didn't check out anything in the hotel, so I can't rate the gym, dining, etc, but I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the 4-Star review Lecia J! Next time you visit, please make sure to take advantage of our wonderful restaurants or our Stay-fit gym. If there is anything I can do to personally assist you, please let me know.

Hopedale, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Found this hotel to be a nice hotel in the heart of St Louis. Would stay again. Front desk staff were very helpful with many staff ready to assist in any way. Clean rooms, nice bathrooms and great location for views and getting around downtown attractions.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the 4-Star review Mary71478! I appreciate your comments recognizing our Front Desk staff; I will make sure your review is shared with them. We do have a great hotel close to a variety of attractions and activities! Please let me know if there is anything I can do additionally to assist you.

Kim.Halbrehder@Hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch? Share your experiences!