“Fantastic Location For Downtown St. Louis” 5 of 5 stars

All Inn Package
Ranked #28 of 124 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pender, Nebraska
“Fantastic Location For Downtown St. Louis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I attended a business conference here and used many of the services the hotel provides including valet, bellmen, concierge, and business center. All were flawless. The room offered a nice respite away from the hubbub of the meetings with a comfortable bed, good working area, and adequate space. Two restaurants on property offered contrasting atmospheres to meet the varying client meetings I had scheduled. Even with the World Series in town, the staff was not overwhelmed. One the contrary, they were friendly, courteous, and attentive to my every need.

The location is fantastic as many restaurants and activities are within walking distance. While there, I walked to the St. Louis Arch, Bush Stadium, and several of the bars and restaurants.

Room Tip: If you're attending a big conference, the elevators can be overwhelmed if meetings are finished...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, November 7, 2011
Wow – thank you for the fantastic review! We really appreciate your feedback. Hopefully you were able to enjoy some of the World Series festivities; it really was an exciting time to be in St. Louis. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Christopher.Palid@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
Janesville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Great location...even closer to the entrance of the arch than the parking garage for the attraction. Great customer service and FANTASTIC views of the arch!

Room Tip: Ask for the arch view room, they are well worth the extra money!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your great review! We’re glad your family got a chance to experience our views of St. Louis Gateway Arch. Thanks for your great comments on our service; we will definitely share your feedback with our staff. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Glenview, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

Just got back from parents weekend at Wash U. The Hyatt was just great. Easy check in, good bar and restaurant and nice rooms. There eas even a Starbucks in the Lobby. The only downside was a food stain on our wall, but it was easy to miss. The room was comfortable, the beds were great but most importantly, the staff was great. Look forward to our nest stay. You can always count on Hyatt.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Thank you for your review, we very much appreciate your business and your loyalty to Hyatt. We look forward to your next visit.

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

This was our first time to St. Louis and we had a great time. The hotel was older but you could tell had recently gone under a renovation. What really made the Hyatt stand out was the terrific service. Every staff member was polite and friendly, and the wait staff at Red remembered us and asked about our previous day at the museums. It was a nice touch. The breakfast buffet at Red was one of the best we had ever had. Even though there was a lot of activity the rooms were quiet and comfortable. And a bonus to have a Starbucks in the lobby (which the girl who checked us in gave us coupons for!). The workout room was also one of the best I have seen. I would definitely recommend a family or business trip at the Hyatt.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, October 30, 2011
Thank you for your great review and recommendation. We’re looking forward to your next visit.

Ahmedabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

This hotel is located right opposite to world's largest Arch in St.louis. We got an amazing deal of 52$+taxes on priceline by bidding. I stayed there with my friends and we were out there for a day. Hotel has amazing location, beautiful sports bar which is not very costly like other 5 star hotels and decent lobby. Highway is right nearby. Staff is courteous too. Early check-in was possible and it was fantastic stay for a day.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Thanks for your review, we're glad you enjoyed your stay!

Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days, and paid extra for an "hypo-allergenic" room. Despite the promised amenity, the air quality inside the room as well as the common areas was pretty bad. There was a constant chemical smell (air fresheners? carpet cleaners?) in the air and the temperature in common areas were extremely low, low enough to force many of us to walk around with winter jackets (please go easy on the AC, there is such a thing as too much air conditioning, we all got sick). The staff were generally OK, but when I tried to get some change to tip the housekeeping staff before catching my flight, I was dismissed by the front desk and sent out to Starbucks where I have to wait in line again. The housekeeping was meticulous, and the location was great but the price wasn't worth the quality of the accommodation, nor the attitude that came with it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
I apologize for the issues you had with service, and that you weren’t happy with our Hypo-Allergenic rooms. These rooms are treated with an additional 6-step process to remove any airborne particles and allergens, and have a state-of-the art air purifier in each room designed specifically for allergy sufferers. The process for treating these rooms shouldn’t change the air fragrance of the room, but rather provide purified scent-free oxygen.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience; I’d like to speak with you in person to see how we can overcome your service issues.

(314) 342-4647
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

I stayed here during a recent conference, not vacation, but it is very close to all of the activities in downtown St. Louis. It's directly across the street from the Arch, and short walks to the stadium, Union Station, and the Landing.

The desk staff were extremely friendly and informative. I arrived early for the conference, but my room was ready and waiting. The room was small, but well laid out and clean. I noticed walking in that the room was angled, so I went to the window to see the view. I had a direct view of the Arch and riverfront.

There are a lot of extra expenses associated with the stay, but no more than other upscale and/or downtown hotels I have visited.

There is a Ruth Chris, and a couple of other restaurants in the hotel, but I ordered room service for dinner. The meal was good, not the greatest, but edible, and expensive for one person. There is a Starbucks which I visited for breakfast.

Overall, I would recommend the hotel if I was being reimbursed, but for vacation I would stay outside the city and drive in for activities and shopping. You will pay much less, even including parking, by doing this.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review and for your pictures of our recently renovated rooms. We appreciate your comments on our service, cleanliness and location and look forward to your next visit. If you plan on returning to St. Louis please reach out to me in advance, I can work with our reservations manager to find our lowest rate - hopefully something within your travel budget. We appreciate your comments and would love to have you back as our guest. Thanks again.

Christopher.Palid@Hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch? Share your experiences!