“Beautiful location and hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #31 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ahmedabad, India
“Beautiful location and hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

This hotel is located right opposite to world's largest Arch in St.louis. We got an amazing deal of 52$+taxes on priceline by bidding. I stayed there with my friends and we were out there for a day. Hotel has amazing location, beautiful sports bar which is not very costly like other 5 star hotels and decent lobby. Highway is right nearby. Staff is courteous too. Early check-in was possible and it was fantastic stay for a day.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Thanks for your review, we're glad you enjoyed your stay!

Christopher.Palid@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (511)
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days, and paid extra for an "hypo-allergenic" room. Despite the promised amenity, the air quality inside the room as well as the common areas was pretty bad. There was a constant chemical smell (air fresheners? carpet cleaners?) in the air and the temperature in common areas were extremely low, low enough to force many of us to walk around with winter jackets (please go easy on the AC, there is such a thing as too much air conditioning, we all got sick). The staff were generally OK, but when I tried to get some change to tip the housekeeping staff before catching my flight, I was dismissed by the front desk and sent out to Starbucks where I have to wait in line again. The housekeeping was meticulous, and the location was great but the price wasn't worth the quality of the accommodation, nor the attitude that came with it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
I apologize for the issues you had with service, and that you weren’t happy with our Hypo-Allergenic rooms. These rooms are treated with an additional 6-step process to remove any airborne particles and allergens, and have a state-of-the art air purifier in each room designed specifically for allergy sufferers. The process for treating these rooms shouldn’t change the air fragrance of the room, but rather provide purified scent-free oxygen.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience; I’d like to speak with you in person to see how we can overcome your service issues.

(314) 342-4647
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

I stayed here during a recent conference, not vacation, but it is very close to all of the activities in downtown St. Louis. It's directly across the street from the Arch, and short walks to the stadium, Union Station, and the Landing.

The desk staff were extremely friendly and informative. I arrived early for the conference, but my room was ready and waiting. The room was small, but well laid out and clean. I noticed walking in that the room was angled, so I went to the window to see the view. I had a direct view of the Arch and riverfront.

There are a lot of extra expenses associated with the stay, but no more than other upscale and/or downtown hotels I have visited.

There is a Ruth Chris, and a couple of other restaurants in the hotel, but I ordered room service for dinner. The meal was good, not the greatest, but edible, and expensive for one person. There is a Starbucks which I visited for breakfast.

Overall, I would recommend the hotel if I was being reimbursed, but for vacation I would stay outside the city and drive in for activities and shopping. You will pay much less, even including parking, by doing this.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review and for your pictures of our recently renovated rooms. We appreciate your comments on our service, cleanliness and location and look forward to your next visit. If you plan on returning to St. Louis please reach out to me in advance, I can work with our reservations manager to find our lowest rate - hopefully something within your travel budget. We appreciate your comments and would love to have you back as our guest. Thanks again.

Sevierville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

The staff was awesome! Ruth brought my meal to my room the 1st night, both the food and her customer service were terrific. My room was very nice, clean but on the small side with no view but they did allow me a very early checkin which was wonderful. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Arch!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thanks for the great review! We'll make sure to share your comments with Ruth. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you on your next visit. Thanks again.

Kralendijk, Bonaire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Disappointed that Hyatt would lower itself to nickle and dime their guests for every possible thing. Parking, Internet, coffee, bottled water ($3.50!), breakfast options (nothing below $10), plus cheap towels. Wake up Hyatt!!!........free wi-fi in guests rooms AND a coffee maker add to the quality of a hotel stay. We won't be doing business with you again as your quoted rate ended up being about $75 more per/day than the quote! You certainly don't meet the standards of a Hyatt with your need to penny pinch your guests for all of the amenities which would make you a quality hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
I am sorry to hear your comments on value after seeing such high ratings from you in all of our other categories. We strive to be the hotel of choice in downtown St. Louis, and are working on some great offers to increase your overall experience while limiting the amount of money you have to spend for these additional services.

We do offer economy parking options, which are as low as $3 per day. Additionally coffee makers can be requested at no charge, or free Starbucks is available for Gold Passport members. One of our newest promotions is a Foursquare internet special, 50% off of guest room internet if you check-in on Foursquare.

Hopefully you will be able to take advantage of some of these on your next visit to St. Louis. Please contact me directly at the hotel if you have any additional concerns. Thank you.

Fargo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I reserved a room with a King Size bed, upon arriving tired and late at about 10pm they informed me I did not have a room with a king bed but a room with two beds instead. I expressed my displeasure but thought oh well and took the room anyway. Upon entering the room I saw a room with two twin beds that are maybe 60 inches long. I manage hotels for a living so I know that these were not full size beds that were 60 wide and 72 long. I am over 6 feet tall and half of my knee down was hanging over the bed. I called the front desk, they insisted there was nothing they can do, I said I want the room type I reserved, they then said they could move me to a queen handicap room. I thought maybe "ok" but asked what length the bed was and she said the same as my current room. I insisted that this wasn't going to work and then eventually 35 minutes after check in they put me in a king suite which I originally reserved. Frustrating at the most and I wasn't offered any compensation, an apology, free coffee at starbucks or anything. You think a Hyatt wouldn't have what I would call "toddler beds" in their rooms. You are a Hyatt, purchase XL (extra long) beds as that is what I would expect at a Hyatt, what I originally got is what I would expect at a Knights Inn!

Room Tip: book king suites only
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
I am personally very sorry that your initial request was not honored, and that your issues were not handled with urgency and sensitivity from the hotel management. If you could please follow up with me at your earliest convenience so I may have a chance to resolve your issues on behalf of the hotel.

To clarify on our bed types - we offer full size, queen size, and king size beds. Our full size beds are 55x80 inches, which is the same length as a standard Queen or King.

Clearly the lack of empathy from our staff and the changing rooms so late at night is not our standard for guest service. I would like the opportunity to discuss this with you, and to see what I can do to make this right. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your review.

314-342-4647
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Checked in around 1:30. Room wasn't ready for an hour or so, but they gave me Starbuck's coupons. Wi-fi in the lobby with an hour's limit (?) but the outlets are behind the big chairs. OK, no big whoop, free coffee, free wifi. When I got off the elevator, the hallway scent should have been enough warning: the room was overpoweringly sprayed with some kind of air freshener. My eyes started watering, sinuses shrieked, and throat tightened. Asked for a room with a window that opened, none. Asked for a room that hadn't been cleaned yet, to avoid the overwhelming smells, none. Asked for a room with a tub (as mine had only a shower). Could I wait until the next day? Sure, but guys, you have to do something about the crazy overuse of air freshener. There are no bad smells to hide, as far as I could tell. I was told that there are "scent-free" rooms available for a $30/day charge? Really? So if you have allergies, do not stay here.

And what's with the coffee makers? Did Starbucks force their removal? A room needs a coffee maker. Nice views. Nice staff. WAY overpriced business center (Penfields) that holds your shipments hostage until you pay outrageous rates per box. Incoming and outgoing. You should get a new vendor, Hyatt, since no one will put up with those rates more than once.

Room Tip: The walls are paper thin, but the upper floors do have some great views of the arch.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, October 30, 2011
I apologize for the issues you experienced and for the misinformation about our allergy-free rooms. These rooms are especially treated for airborne pathogens and each have a state of the art in-room air purifier, but aren’t supposed to be sold as “scent-free.” We don’t believe guests should have to pay extra not to smell air freshener in their rooms.
We have identified a problem with overuse of air freshener in housekeeping, and are switching products and doing re-training to make sure we fix it.

We provide complimentary Starbucks vouchers to our Gold Passport members, as well as complimentary coffee makers which can be requested at check in for no charge.

Lastly, if you could please contact me, or email me your contact information, I would like to have the Penfield’s General Manager reach out to you regarding shipping charges. I want to make sure you are treated fairly and respectfully regarding these charges.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Christopher.Palid@hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch? Share your experiences!