“Stay HERE to visit the Arch or to go to a Cards game!” 5 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #28 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Stay HERE to visit the Arch or to go to a Cards game!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

From the moment we pulled in we were treated like stars. The location is right across the street from the Arch so we decided to wait until morning to go visit it. That gave us plenty of time to walk around downtown and see the sights as well as take in a Cards game. In the morning we got to the Arch before the lines! Also, Big points for the Starbucks on site! Valet parking was nearly $30 but we could have spent almost that for parking downtown if we had gone to the game and parked up close. We lucked out because we only paid $65 + fees on priceline for the room. But if I were to return to St. Louis I think I might pay full price to stay there again if I could guaranteee an Arch view room.

• Stayed June 2011
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
Thank you for your review and positive feedback about our location to the Arch and our in-house Starbucks. We appreciate your comments and look forward to your next visit. Please contact me at the hotel if there is anything I can do for you:

christopher.palid@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

Our family had a great time in St. Louis largely because of the Hyatt. The room was just what we hoped for and we were given a room that overlooked both the arch and the Cardinals stadium. The arch is across the street, so the location is perfect. Everything we wanted to do was within walking distance. The restaurants were terrific, and Every staff person we encountered was helpful, knowledgable and friendly. Really exceptional staff. Thanks for such a great experience!

• Stayed June 2011
Thank you for your positive feedback and for taking the time to review our property. We share all responses with our staff members, and we take pride in the service and hospitality that we provide. Please visit us again on your next trip to St. Louis!

Alexandria, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

Everything about this hotel was amazing.the view,service,food,cleanliness,the room . It was just awesome ms we could walk out the door and there was the arch.

• Stayed July 2010
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, June 25, 2011
Thank you for your great feedback, we hope you enjoyed your time in St. Louis and will stay with us again on your next visit. If you ever have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Chris Palid - Assistant Rooms Executive
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

I have spent 19 years in the hospitality industry in operations and sales and have traveled extensively. I checked into the hotel after having a flight canceled and was greeted by the valet staff that patiently waited for me to finish a phone call before trying to help me. The doorman took my bags in for me and the receptionist Stephanie welcomed me as Mr. Landry. The valet service called the desk to let them know I had arrived (Kudos)! Stephanie checked me in and was very hospitable. When I arrived to the room it a cigarette smell and I went down to see Stephanie. She apologized, changed my room to a room with a spectacular view and put a credit on my account so that I could enjoy a drink on Hyatt. The service staff is fantastic and I will return. Many Thanks. Kirk I wish I had more employeess like the staff at this Hyatt when I ran a hotel.

Room Tip: Be Nice when you ask for it
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
On behalf of the entire staff at the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch I'd like to thank you for your kind and very thorough review. We take a great deal of pride in our associates, and will share your comments with Stephanie at the front desk and the valet team. Thank you for giving us a chance to make things right for you after the initial issue with your room. We look forward to your next visit with us. Please contact me if you have any questions or special requests.

Chris Palid – Assistant Rooms Executive
Christopher.Palid@Hyatt.com
Urbana, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

The hotel is beautiful and the room was very nice & clean. But, this was the noisiest hotel of this caliber I've ever stayed in! Every sound from the hallway & street seemed to be coming in our room during the overnight. I barely slept, at all!!

People talking....doors closing.....noise, noise, noise, all night long.

This place was noisier than Bally's, in downtown Las Vegas! I was amazed by the amount of street noise we could hear in our room (in addition to the hallway noises).

The next morning, when we tried to leave, we (and 2 other families) waited for a downward elevator for more than 15-20 minutes. This was about 10:30 AM. Every one that stopped was filled--no more room. (There are only 4 elevators in this area.)

We couldn't wait any longer....it was to the point of being ridiculous.

We wound our way around & found a stairway and the group of us started down 8 floors, only to find ourselves in some sort of storage area on the ground level, with no way to find our way out. It looked like we were in some basement storage room. We turned around and started going back up....same thing on the next 3 floors. Finally, on the 4th floor, found an upper lobby area, near the ballrooms. We then went down 2 floors/escalators--neither of which was running, and eventually found the ground floor lobby area. Absolutely CRAZY!

This is a serious safety hazard!!

If there was a fire & you tried to evacuate via stairs, you'd never find your way out of that hotel....especially if you were in a panic.

This is a nice hotel, with a very friendly staff, but we were very disappointed by these unfortunate issues. I left tired/sleepy and quite frustrated by our "exit adventure."

If you stay there, bring earplugs and leave EARLY....or, you'll never get an elevator.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
I am very sorry to hear about your experience and would like to reach out to you further to see if there is anything I can do for you. Please contact me at Christopher.Palid@Hyatt.com to discuss further.

Our hotel does enforce “Quiet Hours” between the hours of 9am-9pm 7 days a week. We do the best we can to limit conversations in the hallways on guest floors, and have included signage in all guestrooms to remind everyone to close their doors quietly. We also have a designated floor for all guests requesting additional peace and quiet.

We have 8 total elevators that service our 13 guest floors. We have them split into 2 separate bays of 4 elevators each to help keep traffic moving. All floors have a fire exit plan, which guests can take any number of stairwells down to the 4th floor, or all the way down to the ground level, where there is an emergency exit door. I’m sorry to hear that during the time you were leaving there was increased elevator traffic; this is sometimes unavoidable if there are conferences or groups leaving all at once. I will review your comments with the necessary members of the management team to ensure that our guests have all this information and that incidents like this don’t happen again. Thank you for your comments, and please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

My wife and I stayed for 6 days. I was attending a professional meeting, she was my tag a long. We stayed in a Regency room which provided us access to the upstairs lounge. The lounge had a nice breakfast, internet and a comfortable place to sit with friends. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. We had a slight incident with the fridge set too cold for our insulin, but the hotel staff's response to our needs was far superior to what I would have expected elsewhere. The concierge was helpful with dining suggestions. The lobby kitchen has a great healthy lunch. Plenty of good places within walking distance. The arch is across the street. The casino is a 10 minute walk. I have no plans to ever need to return to St Louis, but if I did, it would be a no brainer to stay there.

Room Tip: The Regency rooms are well worth the added cost.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your detailed review and for selecting the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch as your hotel of choice when staying in the city. Please contact me directly prior to your next visit if you have any questions or concerns, and so that I may have your guestroom refrigerator set to the appropriate temperature for your medical needs. We appreciate your feedback and value you as a guest of Hyatt.

Chris Palid – Assistant Rooms Executive
Christopher.Palid@Hyatt.com
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

We had a great corner room overlooking the Arch. This gives you a fantastic evening view of the sunset reflecting in the Arch and the spotlights after it gets dark. Room was very nice. Roomy, nice clean modern interior and bath. The Arch was just an easy "cross the street" walk and we had a great time. The complimentary breakfast with our room deal was fantastic; food was fresh and well above average hotel breakfast fare.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, July 3, 2011
Thank you very much for your review. The Arch View rooms at our property are a great alternative to being outside in the 90 degree weather! We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns:

Chris Palid - Assistant Rooms Executive
Christopher.Palid@hyatt.com

Been to Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch? Share your experiences!