“Fun” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 22 Shopping in Saint Louis
Type: Flea/ Street Markets, Shopping
Activities: Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: Soulard Market is the oldest farmers market west of the Mississippi established in 1779 and is open Wednesday-Saturday. We have 13 local farmers, 1 organic farmer, a florist and spice shop, lots of food and a bunch of produce vendors that handle local and shipped in goods. The market also carries a variety of other general merchandise like shirts, jewelry, incense, sports memorabilia, hand made soaps, carpet, photography and hand made crafts. We are open 52 weeks a year.
Lansing, Michigan
33 attraction reviews
“Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The market is a fun place to walk through, interesting items and friendly vendors. Would return again, but not like I remember as a child.

25 attraction reviews
“Fun to walk around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I went to Soulard to stock up on produce for the week. There were so many choices - I wasn't a fan of the places that didn't grow their own stuff (I could see plenty of stickers on some of the produce and avoided those). The hardest thing was to not overbuy because there was so much that looked amazing and fresh - better than the grocery stores and cheaper too. I could get everything I needed. . .fruit, veggies, bread, pastas, meats, cheese, flowers, spices, all kinds of flour.

I wasn't so much a fan of the odds and ends that were sold, like the shoes, shirts, incense, etc. Luckily, that is all grouped together and I can avoid that part of the farmer's market. Get there early for the best picks and the best parking!!

Kansas City, Kansas
3 attraction reviews
“Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

A must see, take your time, and don't eat before you go. Many free food samples. Take along a backpack. You'll need it.

50 attraction reviews
“Typical Farmer's Market”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Not sure what the big deal is, this is just a farmer's market with a lot of produce, a spice store, a couple of meat vendors but I doubt I would buy meat at a place like this. This is not in the best area of town either.

“Bring a large cooler!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Traveling from out of state, our friends that live in Soulard, insisted we at least experience this market just for it's sheet size.
Quality, quantity, price, friendliness were just a few things we were amazed at!
It was quite busy on a Saturday but the merchants were pros in speed and efficiency and most shoppers seemed like locals and kept the pathways open and moving.
We left an hour later feeling like fat n happy autumn squirrels with our cooler packed with great meats, cheeses and fruit to nosh on in the coming month!