“So interesting, great family activity” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 131 Attractions in Saint Louis
Type: Science Museums, Cultural
Activities: Leisure education
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 1985, the Saint Louis Science Center is an interactive, hands‐on science and technology museum located in Saint Louis Missouri. With over 700 interactive exhibits, the Science Center is the 5th largest science center and the 24th largest museum of any kind in the United States. Be sure to stop by and explore the wonders of science. Don't forget to pay a visit to Mr. T-Rex, the animatronic dinosaur that has delighted and frightened generations of St. Louis children.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Saint Louis, Missouri
14 attraction reviews
“So interesting, great family activity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is one of our St. Louis favorites. Lots of interesting exhibits and plenty to see and do. Great place to spend a rainy day. I have been several times with school trips and with my family. Heads up though, admission and parking cost and some of the bigger exhibits have an entrance fee as well.

Visited July 2012

Nashville, Tennessee
13 attraction reviews
“Alot of Fun!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I went here for the Star Trek exhibit but ended up staying and playing all day. There is so much to see and do here. I was on business so my kids weren't with me, I wish they would of been this place is freaking awesome and they would of loved it. i'll definatly go back.

Visited May 2012
New Castle, IN
22 attraction reviews
“My teens were a little old for this”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Nice place, FREE!!! I'd say ages 3-12 would enjoy this more. My 14 and 16 year old seemed a bit bored. I don't think it's a all day trip kinda place....couple hours tops. Go to City Museum!

Omaha, Nebraska
10 attraction reviews
“Free is fine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Though there are lots of things to pay for, the Science Center itself is free. There are lots of things to do - for free.

Dallas, TX
58 attraction reviews
“Fabulous and fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We had a great time and spent the entire day at the Science Center. Our science center pass from another museum (in TX) allowed us free parking, free planetarium, and free discovery rooms which we were happy to receive!

The discovery room is fun and was perfect for my 4 year olds.

The planetarium show we went to said it was for Kinder-2nd grade but it was not. There are "older" shows too. It was geared at least 3rd grade plus. It's an open room where you lay on mats (no reclining chairs) and was an "live" discussion. Definitely not appealing to a 4/5 year old.

The animatronic dinosaur was fun to see and there is a "build-a-bear" on site. We loved the hallway on the 2nd floor crossing over the highway...many fun activities to do along the way.