“Ok if you're into that sort of thing.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 131 Attractions in Saint Louis
Type: Specialty Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit one of the largest and most diverse collections of transportation vehicles in the world! Trace the history of American railroading, see antique cars and trucks, visit a towboat, and more.
Statesboro, Georgia
98 attraction reviews
“Ok if you're into that sort of thing.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I went with family members who are interested in this, but found little to catch my attention. Children with us were bored as well.

Visited June 2012

englanduk/
13 attraction reviews
“If it were free maybe”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

It is a collection of what appears to be rusting non working old modes of transport. Car park almost empty - that should have been a warning.
You would have to be keen on old railroad artefacts to find it worthwhile.

Visited May 2013
17 attraction reviews
“Vintage cars on diaplay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Goog presentation of vintage cars right from the turn of the last century. Looks like a good place to host work parties, since there is ample party area in the middle of the hall which has cars on its periphery/

Visited June 2012
Bellville, Texas
10 attraction reviews
“Great Rail Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We made the tour with a local resident that is a HUGE rail buff. The displays are awesome and we enjoyed it and would recommend it to others.

Visited April 2013
St. Louis
15 attraction reviews
“Not kid friendly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Since I knew that you could not buy tickets to the Creation Station in advance, I sent my husband up to the transportation museum on his way to work to pick up tickets for my daughter (age 3) and myself for that day. He got there and they told him that the child has to be with him to buy tickets. By the time I got there with my daughter it was 10:15 and they told me the 10:30 session had already sold out at 10. The manager on duty claimed it was due to spring break but this is not the first time this has happened to me. My daughter was really excited about the Creation Station so I bought tickets for the 11:45 session and waited around the visitor center for it. Being a cold day, we could not go outside, the train was not running. My daughter sat nicely at a table for about an hour and then started playing around the room. The manager yelled at her for running around - she is not quite 3 years old. I asked the woman what she expected when there is no way to buy tickets in advance and my kid had already sat for over an hour and she replied that it was my choice to wait and that if I was going to wait that my child needed to sit down and wait like the "well behaved children over there." (pointing to a table with grandparents and 2 kids). Those people HAD JUST ARRIVED with the kids. My daughter had already sat for over an hour!

I don't think the people who run the MoT have children themselves because this policy makes no sense for a program specifically for kids 5 and under. You cannot bring a kid into the museum to buy tickets and then tell them you are going to come back in an hour - and expect not to get a meltdown. When it is warm you can ride the train for an hour with your kids, but when it is cold, there is nothing to do with them while you wait - and nothing close by to go to for an hour and come back. Despite the fact that my daughter loves the creation station, we will not return unless or until they change the ticketing system for the Creation Station. I understand it's a popular attraction, so why not just sell tickets in advance.

Visited March 2013