“Fun and magical” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 319 things to do in Saint Louis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: This fun-filled attraction offers kids many hands-on learning activities and provides a special area for younger children.
Kansas
4 attraction reviews
“Fun and magical”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

First-make sure you research the internet for a coupon-cause we were able to get in pretty cheap!! It was fun and my kids loved it!! I have a 10 year old and a 7 year-they had a blast!! I would almost say that it seemed alittle young for my children, but they loved it. It was very controlled with helpers everywhere. There were alot of really small children-so I had to keep telling my kids to slow down so they didn't run over anyone. They were so excited and going so fast because they wanted to see what was in the next room. Also-it was very CLEAN!! Would do again-but I think by the time we go back to Saint Louis-my kids will be too big!!

• Polish first
Kansas City, MO
23 attraction reviews
“Mostly For Older Kids, Parents Not Watching Kids”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

Went on a busy Saturday, hundreds of people there. Many kids running around with no adult supervision. Two kids ran into each other on one of the attractions and the parents exchanged words, wouldnt have happened if one child had just waited his turn. At another display my daughter was using a boy came up and pushed her away and began using it, could go on and on about those type of things, with parents doing nothing. Most of the attractions are for kids, probably 5 and up. A few things for younger toddlers but not many and not separate. Very poor layout and signage directing and pointing things out. Place also doesnt seem to know how to use air conditioning as certain areas were miserable. Wasnt a total waste as daughter did enjoy the things she could do and might be better on a less crowded day, but have been to much better children's museums.

Southern IL
31 attraction reviews
“Perfect place to entertain the 4-6 y/o crowd for a day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

My daughter was 6 the first time I took her to the magic house, and we had to return to see it again after the remodeling. The first time we went in the evening and had the place nearly to ourselves, this time it was absolutely packed! On a Tuesday! My daughter loved the courtroom and oval office, but crowds of parents wanting to take pictures made it impossible to get into the the role-play it was designed for. We enjoyed the crime scene area, the construction area and her favorite addition is the beanstalk that kids can climb instead of the stairs. I noticed that she was "too old" for many things, she doesn't like dress-up anymore and there is a lot of that. All of the old favorites are there, the static ball, the 3 story slide and where you stand inside a bubble. We also visited the restaurant and it was nice. I'm a health-food nut and a vegetarian and this place met my standards. We split a cup of soup, sandwich and bottle of water for $11. All in all, we'll be back. We only had 3 hours to spend here and we didn't do everything DD wanted to, I'm sure a younger child could easily spend most of the day. We'll probably go later in the day next time, not first thing in the morning, to avoid the day-care field trips.

Lincoln, Nebraska
51 attraction reviews
“Great concept, but very crowded”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

There is a lot to do for children (and even more now as the new wing is opened - complete with the Oval Office and the Legislative Chambers where children can give speeches just like the President). While other children's museums seem to teach the children about things like science, math, etc; this one seems more of a play place. We went first thing in the morning, and the parking lot was already full (hard to find parking elsewhere). There are narrow hallways and some rooms are small. This, coupled with the number of people, made it difficult to navigate through the place. It seems this house might not be so "magic" afterall.

little rock, ar
“First time visitors and we will be going back again!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2009

What an amazing children's museum, but there was almost too much to see. We were there 4 hours and still did not see it all. Even though we thought the admission was a little high, it was well worth it. Bring your camera and an extra battery cause you will take a ton of pictures, this along with the Zoo made our annual trip to St. Louis wonderful.