“Something for everyone” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 145 attractions in Saint Louis
Type: Gardens, Historic Sites
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Visitors discover and share knowledge about plants and their environments at this National Historic Landmark, which has been open for more than 140 years.
Metairie, Louisiana, United States
7 attraction reviews
“Something for everyone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Wear your good walking shoes - there is so much to see. We were there for the Japanese Festival, so were not as focused on the gardens as we will be another time when it's not so crowded. This time of year, there is not a lot of color, but still beauty in the ponds. We bought the membership for $65 since we live in the area and hope to go often during different times of the year.

Visited September 2013

Kansas City, Missouri
18 attraction reviews
“Fabulous garden and a must see!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Japanese Festival over Labor Day weekend not to be missed! We come from Kansas City to visit the special exhibits.

Visited September 2013
Saint Louis Missouri
9 attraction reviews
“such a Splendid peaceful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I enjoy going to the Botanical Gardens throughout the year. They always have some neat display........ either the water lilies(most recently) or the orchids or the spring blooming flowers. I usually go earlier in the morning..very few people there, and not so many groups. I can ALWAYS find a bench somewhere in a peaceful corner somewhere to just take it all in. It seems like every time I go I find a new little path that I haven't taken before. It is such an enjoyable place to be.

Visited August 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
15 attraction reviews
“Very interesting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I generally go to Gardens for ideas that will work in my own garden on a smaller scale. I was looking for ground cover for a heavily shaded area under some trees. Snow poppy was what I cam away with. Not available locally or in the USA is what I first found when looking on the internet. It is listed as a weed. But I did find some for sale. The gardens are wonderful we saw families, couples, single parents. We especially enjoyed the Japanese Garden

Visited August 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
13 attraction reviews
“Great place to be in St. Louis, as long as it's not too hot.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Beautiful gardens and grounds. Interesting displays. Always a treat. We love it here, and we especially love Fest-of-Ale in the fall!

Visited June 2013