“Interesting Station” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St. Louis Union Station

St. Louis Union Station
1820 Market Street, Saint Louis, MO 63188 (Downtown)
314-421-6655
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 30 Shopping in Saint Louis
Activities: Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: Built in 1894, this massive Romanesque-style building was one of the largest train terminals in the world.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
“Interesting Station”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed at a hotel near this old station and visited it most days. Sadly there are a lot of empty and closed shops, but the ones trading are pretty good as are the places to eat. The original building and the historical displays are very interesting and well worth a visit to anyone interested in railways or US history.

Visited September 2012

Arlington, Virginia
29 attraction reviews
“Almost dead”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Union Station was revitalized back in the late '80s with shops, restaurants, a hotel, and a small "lake" that included paddle boats. In my first visit back in '91, it was a crowded busy place. Now, it's almost dead. Most of the restaurants are gone (the Hardrock is still out back), and there are only a few shops left. On may latest trip to STL, I walked through there... it was kind of depressing.

Visited January 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
“Very few stores”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I cannot believe how many empty spots are in Union Station. There use to be restaurants and a lot of unique shops. Someone needs to revitilize, again!

Visited November 2012
Peoria Heights, Illinois
32 attraction reviews
“Sad sorry remains of something once great...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

When I was in high school my mom and I took a trip to St Louis. This was then my dream shopping destination. It had tons of shops and was hustling and bustling full of people. Now it is dark and sad and kinda scary. I was glad I had my husband with me. There are a few no name and knock-off stores, a few "we buy gold" stores, and cheap jewelry stores. Nothing I have ever heard of. I couldn't even show my hubs the ballroom bc it was locked off. It is very sad to see this beautiful historical place reduced to the shell of it's former self.

Visited December 2012
O Fallon MO
7 attraction reviews
“Not worth the time to visit”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My daughter was at Union Station for a dance convention, this last weekend. We decided to walk around Union Station and we were so disappointed. Most of the store fronts are empty, the food court was full of homeless people, and they charged $12 to park. There are so many better places to visit when coming to St. Louis.

Visited January 2013