“Well worth the value!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 124 hotels in Saint Louis
Woodridge, Illinois, USA
“Well worth the value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Hotel was very clean, beds were comfortable and the help was friendly and accommodating. The best thing is they give you a voucher for three free alcoholic beverages per person and a great hot buffet bar that has everything from nachos and hotdogs to mostaccioli and meatballs. Also their breakfast buffet is extensive and wonderful as well. Nice pool for the kids. Will stay there again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

252 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I visited the Forest Park Drury on September 23 while in town on business. I checked in after conducting business for the day and my check-in was exceptionally fast. I had a coworker visiting with me for the evening, and they provided us each with drink tickets. After dropping my luggage off in my room, we went downstairs to enjoy our complimentary drinks and the evening dinner spread. I have only stayed at one other Drury, the location by the Arch, and this one was great. The Arch location was extremely busy and hectic when we visited as it was packed with families and we could not even find a place to sit to enjoy our food and drinks. This location was busy, but calm compared to my last visit. My friend and I helped ourselves to a couple of items from the buffet, and then got a couple of beverages. The buffet area was kept exceptionally clean and stocked during the Kickback hours. The gentleman preparing drinks was very friendly. While getting one round of our drinks, my companion asked why there was no ice cream, as apparently there is ice cream at the maiden Drury. The bartender apologized for there not being any, and he had the kitchen manager come and speak with us. Chef Ron came and spoke with us, and he asked if we would like some fresh baked cookies instead. How nice was that!!! He said to give him about 10 minutes and he would have some cookies out for us. In about 10 minutes, Chef Ron came back with a half dozen freshly baked cookies for us. Now that is service. We finished up our drinks, food and a couple of our cookies, and Chef Ron brought us a plate that was covered with some additional cookies. My friend left for the evening, and I decided to check out my first Cardinals game.

Once back from the Cardinals game, which was only about a 10-15 drive from the hotel, I came back to finish up some work. Instead of sitting at the desk in the room, I decided to do my work from the lounge chair that was in the room. Very nice and comfortable. Then it was time to call it a night. The bed was pretty comfortable, far more comfortable than the last Drury bed that I slept in which was one of the most uncomfortable beds that I have ever slept in. I had tons of pillows on the bed, which was wonderful. After my good nights rest, I got ready for the day, and went downstairs for the kickstart breakfast. I did not eat much, as there were a lot of sweeter items, and I am not very fond of sweets to start my day. There were options such as sausage, fruit, cereal, waffles, toast, yogurt, etc. I would have love to have seen some hashbrowns and bisquits and gravy as an option. After finishing my breakfast, I was able to go ahead and head on out, as I did not have to check out.

Overall, this was an excellent stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

After the great reviews here, I did not expect the extremely dated corner room we received. Very old carpet and furniture. Did not spell particularly fresh. We got the corner room as a free upgrade for signing up for the Drury rewards program. It added a nice sized sitting space.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Forest Park, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you very much for the feedback on your recent stay with us. I am happy to report that we are preparing for a partial renovation beginning in May 2014 to update the guest rooms and suites. All updates should be finished by the end of June 2014. I hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us after our updates have been made.

James Vavak
White City, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We was in St. Louis picking up my husbands car. Having been shipped from Alaska. So this was just a quick trip up and back the next day. We (my husband, myself and are three kids) Where all tried and hungry when we got there at 7.00 pm . It was to late to get the free hot food in the dinning room so I can't say if it is any good or not. We did get a card at cheek in for 3 free drinks but again they where close for the night so I'm not sure why we was given the card. So we just went out for a quick bit at a fast food place and then back to the room. We did get to enjoy the pool and hot tub. I loved that I could watch the kids swim and play while I washed a quick load of clothes in the laundry next door. The beds there very comfy. and everyone sleep ok. The next day we was able to go get a hot breakfast and was happy to see they had hot eggs and waffles. The price is a little high but if we had gotten there before the hot food was closed for the night I'm sure it would have made up the higher price. Really like that they had a packing garage. at no extra cost. would stay again if we are in ST. Louis.

Room Tip: Get there by 5.00 so you can enjoy the free drinks and hot food.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Manteca, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We love the Drury, We use a free upgrade coupon from their facebook page. Just go like them on facebook. They put coupons on there to use. This Drury is really pretty new and upscale. Garage in the basement, all inside. The rooms are nice. The staff were over the top nice. Estelle Morgan was the name of the gal that checked us in. She was just the nicest person ever. When I asked her for her name, so I could include it in my review, she also wrote down every persons name at the front desk for me to add, not wishing to take all the credit, but she was the one that helped us, so that is who I am including in this review. Only one bad thing about this Drury. The Pool room is so loud. I called and had someone come check on it because it sounded like a tornado going thru, they said that is the fans and flilters etc. It is NOT relaxing at all. It is a beautiful pool and hot tub, but I wouldn't go back just because we like to enjoy the pool and it is awful with the noise. Their breakfast is the usual for the Drury. Nice area there to eat. And of course the free popcorn and soda in the afternoon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

First Drury stay, picked for location near the zoo. Friendly check in, he said they upgraded me to a suite. Nice. Separate bedroom, wet bar and bath in the middle and large living room. I could get used to staying like this. 2 TVs, great pictures, WiFi worked fine. Nice bathroom. Room stayed cool in a heat wave, A/C fan a bit loud but compressor was inaudible. Fan above the middle area to blow cold air to the living room was noticable but not offensive. Hot tub and pool were fine. I was amazed by the evening food offering. Didn't need to go out and breakfast the next morning was great. Plenty of room to sit unlike most mid line motels.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I booked this hotel for a last minute trip while there was a huge convention in town, so this was the only room I could get. The location leaves a bit to be desired, not particularly close to anything special and the neighborhood seems even a bit questionable. But the property was perfectly convenient - easy parking, not too far from the highways and the hotel offered everything you really need. It was a typical chain type hotel (I'd not been familiar with Drury Hotels prior to this visit) with very average but clean decor, average but adequate breakfast, nice enough room that was reasonably comfortable and essentially it got the job done. Basically this was a no nonsense stay in a place that was very average but with no real negatives, other than the odd location off the beaten path.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Forest Park, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback from your recent stay. Our location is centrally located for our guests needs being nearby Forest Park, The Hill neighborhood and our world renowned hospitals and local universities. I am pleased you had no negatives about your stay and hope you will return on future visits to enjoy what our surrounding area has to offer.
James V.

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Forest Park? Share your experiences!