“Expected a bit more” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 124 hotels in Saint Louis
Los Angeles
“Expected a bit more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

After the great reviews here, I did not expect the extremely dated corner room we received. Very old carpet and furniture. Did not spell particularly fresh. We got the corner room as a free upgrade for signing up for the Drury rewards program. It added a nice sized sitting space.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Forest Park, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you very much for the feedback on your recent stay with us. I am happy to report that we are preparing for a partial renovation beginning in May 2014 to update the guest rooms and suites. All updates should be finished by the end of June 2014. I hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us after our updates have been made.

James Vavak

265 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
White City, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We was in St. Louis picking up my husbands car. Having been shipped from Alaska. So this was just a quick trip up and back the next day. We (my husband, myself and are three kids) Where all tried and hungry when we got there at 7.00 pm . It was to late to get the free hot food in the dinning room so I can't say if it is any good or not. We did get a card at cheek in for 3 free drinks but again they where close for the night so I'm not sure why we was given the card. So we just went out for a quick bit at a fast food place and then back to the room. We did get to enjoy the pool and hot tub. I loved that I could watch the kids swim and play while I washed a quick load of clothes in the laundry next door. The beds there very comfy. and everyone sleep ok. The next day we was able to go get a hot breakfast and was happy to see they had hot eggs and waffles. The price is a little high but if we had gotten there before the hot food was closed for the night I'm sure it would have made up the higher price. Really like that they had a packing garage. at no extra cost. would stay again if we are in ST. Louis.

Room Tip: Get there by 5.00 so you can enjoy the free drinks and hot food.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Manteca, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We love the Drury, We use a free upgrade coupon from their facebook page. Just go like them on facebook. They put coupons on there to use. This Drury is really pretty new and upscale. Garage in the basement, all inside. The rooms are nice. The staff were over the top nice. Estelle Morgan was the name of the gal that checked us in. She was just the nicest person ever. When I asked her for her name, so I could include it in my review, she also wrote down every persons name at the front desk for me to add, not wishing to take all the credit, but she was the one that helped us, so that is who I am including in this review. Only one bad thing about this Drury. The Pool room is so loud. I called and had someone come check on it because it sounded like a tornado going thru, they said that is the fans and flilters etc. It is NOT relaxing at all. It is a beautiful pool and hot tub, but I wouldn't go back just because we like to enjoy the pool and it is awful with the noise. Their breakfast is the usual for the Drury. Nice area there to eat. And of course the free popcorn and soda in the afternoon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

First Drury stay, picked for location near the zoo. Friendly check in, he said they upgraded me to a suite. Nice. Separate bedroom, wet bar and bath in the middle and large living room. I could get used to staying like this. 2 TVs, great pictures, WiFi worked fine. Nice bathroom. Room stayed cool in a heat wave, A/C fan a bit loud but compressor was inaudible. Fan above the middle area to blow cold air to the living room was noticable but not offensive. Hot tub and pool were fine. I was amazed by the evening food offering. Didn't need to go out and breakfast the next morning was great. Plenty of room to sit unlike most mid line motels.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I booked this hotel for a last minute trip while there was a huge convention in town, so this was the only room I could get. The location leaves a bit to be desired, not particularly close to anything special and the neighborhood seems even a bit questionable. But the property was perfectly convenient - easy parking, not too far from the highways and the hotel offered everything you really need. It was a typical chain type hotel (I'd not been familiar with Drury Hotels prior to this visit) with very average but clean decor, average but adequate breakfast, nice enough room that was reasonably comfortable and essentially it got the job done. Basically this was a no nonsense stay in a place that was very average but with no real negatives, other than the odd location off the beaten path.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Forest Park, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback from your recent stay. Our location is centrally located for our guests needs being nearby Forest Park, The Hill neighborhood and our world renowned hospitals and local universities. I am pleased you had no negatives about your stay and hope you will return on future visits to enjoy what our surrounding area has to offer.
James V.
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My wife, two sons and I stayed at Drury Inn & Suites for one evening and were very happy with our experience! When we arrived at 3:00 pm our room wasn't quite ready yet and the staff apologized for the inconvenience. They invited us to stay in the lobby and/or dining area to parkake in the complementary soft drinks/popcorn while we waited. About 20 minutes later our room was ready and the staff again apologized for our wait and thanked us for patience. The double queen room was very clean and tidy. The included morning breakfast buffet was fantastic (huge variety - eggs, biscuits/gravy, donuts, hash browns, and various drink options). We didn't have time to enjoy the pool but it looked great. All said, this is one of the best places to stay when visiting St. Louis (Forest Park, STL Zoo, Cardinal games, Botanical Gardens, etc.). Additionally we loved that the parking is very secure!

Room Tip: Perfect place to stay while in St. louis. Easy access to I-44 and I-64. Super close to the famous...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
highland park illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

When visiting our son at Wash U, we have stayed at either the MoonRise (funky, fun, and close to campus) or the Drury Inn at Union Station (gorgeous old historic building and all the usual Drury pluses). This time, we opted for the Drury Inn Near Forest Park. Pricewise, it was higher than the Drury at Union and less than the MoonRise (which also has a hefty dog fee, and we were bringing the pup). Locationwise, it was 10 minutes to campus, as opposed to 20 for the Drury Union and 5 for the MoonRise. All in all, we were happy with our decision. The lobby is lovely, the rooms are clean and feature large marble bathrooms, flatscreens, comfy beds, and other good stuff. The staff is typical Drury wonderful. A special shout out to Joe the night manager. So why 4 stars instead of 5? The location is a bit odd. I can't emphasize enough the word "Near" in the hotel's name: Drury Inn NEAR Forest Park. I had thought the hotel was actually in the park, not 7 minutes away at a crazy intersection just off the expressway. But once you're in the door, the location doesn't matter. Just enjoy the free drinks and food at KickBack, the nice rooms, great staff, and the complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Forest Park? Share your experiences!