“Off night in STL” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 124 Hotels in Saint Louis
Washington, Missouri
“Off night in STL”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Just happened to be visiting the kids in St.Louis on an off night and they couldn't put me up so decided to stay here as a relatively new property. What a nice surprise! Clean, comfortable, friendly and as Drury says-all the extras without paying for it. They even give you an hour of free long distance! Only comment/observation would be-get better towels. Otherwise-good job!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Linn, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Nice clean rooms, staff is overly friendly and helpful, breakfast room is large enough to accommodate everyone.
Only complaint we had was the road noise from the close by interstate; we requested an exterior room for the window when asked, but wish we would have stuck with the interior room so perhaps the outside noise volume would have been reduced.

• Stayed January 2013
Vincennes, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My wife and I just got home from our first stay at this hotel and I feel compelled to make some positive comments about our stay. We were impressed from the get-go. The young lady who greeted us (so sorry I did not get her name!) was a breath of fresh air. Smiling, friendly, warm and helpful, she made sure we had and knew everything we needed. We planned to go out to dinner but decided to stop by the refreshment area since we'd been told there were hot appetizers and courtesy drinks available. Expecting pretzels and nachos, we were taken aback by the spread. Baked potatoes with a nice crust of course sea salt, penne with savory tomato sauce, meatballs, hot-dogs (presumably for the younger patrons), broccoli cheese soup, salad AND nachos! There was also a popcorn cart with really yummy popcorn which we enjoyed after our meal. And it did feel like a meal. Each patron was offered three complimentary cocktails + free soda, tea etc. Coffee too. They undersold this aspect of their hotel and it was refreshing to be so pleasantly surprised. Breakfast was also very good (with the exception of the eggs). The oatmeal was especially delicious with raisins and maple syrup. Breakfast potatoes, biscuits & pepper gravy, sausage, waffles, cereals, muffins, doughnuts and more. All food and drinks were complimentary!

The room was very nice. All the furniture was in good repair. Flat-screen 32" television, relatively comfortable bed. Bathroom was quite beautiful with marble appearing floors and granite counter-tops. Clean, clean, clean. Did not see a speck of anything anywhere (and I tend to look!) Heat/Air worked perfectly. We very much enjoyed our stay.

We traveled from out-of-state to St. Louis for my wife to receive consultation on her cancer at the Siteman Cancer Center so we were a little emotionally and physically wrung out when we checked in. Our experience at the Drury Inn & Suites Forest Park was a definite and much needed bright spot in our trip to St. Louis. We have to return next week and several more times in the months ahead and it is comforting to know we now have a friendly "home away from home." I can not recommend this hotel any more highly than I do.

P.S. - If I had to write a con it would be the noise factor. The rooms are not sound insulated very well. It wasn't terrible or anything, we were not near the elevators or ice machine. We turned the fan on and it took care of it. Some people are very sensitive to that sort of thing so you may want to bring ear plugs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I've stayed here 2x with my dog. The staff is always very friendly and tries to go above and beyond to welcome you. They have a nice little area to take the dog out and the parking lot is gated so it is generally really safe. I've never been in the indoor/outdoor pool, but it always looks nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The location is great. We arrived 1 hr. early for check-in and was quickly given our room. Staff very helpful and friendly. Happy hour was a nice touch. Food was adequate for a quick snack. Room was clean and quiet. I requested one away from highway. Only negative with room was that the bed linens were past their prime and really should have been replaced with new. Minor thing, I guess, but for the price one would expect more attention to detail. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Right off the highway after a 5 hour drive, we were checked in very quickly by Saen at the front desk. He explained all the amenities and was very helpful. The lobby was quite nice and relaxing. The elevators were even nice and spacious for the luggage cart.
The room we got was a double, which also had a reclining chair, work desk, microwave, fridge, and friendly decor. The room looked clean and smelled decent. The bathroom was beautiful and spacious. My daughter didn't even see the toilet at first...lol. I loved the mounted soup dispenser in the shower (first time I've seen this). The towels were soft and didn't have the nasty musty smell like some others do. Only negative: no adjustable shower head. But no big deal. The hallways were quiet on my floor, even with the soccer tournament in town. I felt comfortable and relaxed in my room.

They had a small pool and fitness room, which I did not have time to utilize but did observe. Both rooms seemed clean and decent and located on their lower level (B).

The topping on the cake was their buffet style dinner and happy hour beverages offered from 5:30pm - 7pm. They also offered the buffet style breakfast, which carried a nice selection. The food was actually okay. I had to ask the front desk how much because it couldn't be free. But it WAS free to guests. They also offered free popcorn and soda until 10pm for my kids and husband who always look for a late snack. Check out was fast and efficient. I definitely felt I received my money's worth for my stay here and will definitely look for future Drury Inn's for my place away from home.

A great place and money well spent. Thank you Drury Inn, Missouri. A+

• Stayed November 2012
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nice and new Drury. Books up quickly. Great location. Close to zoo, science center and downtown. Restaurant on site similar to Pasta House. Ok food if you don't want to get out. Our kids love it! Full managers reception and wonderful free Drury breakfast. Our go to hotel in STL!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Forest Park? Share your experiences!