My wife and I just got home from our first stay at this hotel and I feel compelled to make some positive comments about our stay. We were impressed from the get-go. The young lady who greeted us (so sorry I did not get her name!) was a breath of fresh air. Smiling, friendly, warm and helpful, she made sure we had and knew everything we needed. We planned to go out to dinner but decided to stop by the refreshment area since we'd been told there were hot appetizers and courtesy drinks available. Expecting pretzels and nachos, we were taken aback by the spread. Baked potatoes with a nice crust of course sea salt, penne with savory tomato sauce, meatballs, hot-dogs (presumably for the younger patrons), broccoli cheese soup, salad AND nachos! There was also a popcorn cart with really yummy popcorn which we enjoyed after our meal. And it did feel like a meal. Each patron was offered three complimentary cocktails + free soda, tea etc. Coffee too. They undersold this aspect of their hotel and it was refreshing to be so pleasantly surprised. Breakfast was also very good (with the exception of the eggs). The oatmeal was especially delicious with raisins and maple syrup. Breakfast potatoes, biscuits & pepper gravy, sausage, waffles, cereals, muffins, doughnuts and more. All food and drinks were complimentary!
The room was very nice. All the furniture was in good repair. Flat-screen 32" television, relatively comfortable bed. Bathroom was quite beautiful with marble appearing floors and granite counter-tops. Clean, clean, clean. Did not see a speck of anything anywhere (and I tend to look!) Heat/Air worked perfectly. We very much enjoyed our stay.
We traveled from out-of-state to St. Louis for my wife to receive consultation on her cancer at the Siteman Cancer Center so we were a little emotionally and physically wrung out when we checked in. Our experience at the Drury Inn & Suites Forest Park was a definite and much needed bright spot in our trip to St. Louis. We have to return next week and several more times in the months ahead and it is comforting to know we now have a friendly "home away from home." I can not recommend this hotel any more highly than I do.
P.S. - If I had to write a con it would be the noise factor. The rooms are not sound insulated very well. It wasn't terrible or anything, we were not near the elevators or ice machine. We turned the fan on and it took care of it. Some people are very sensitive to that sort of thing so you may want to bring ear plugs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Forest Park is more than a swing set and a frisbee field. Featuring a free zoo, art & history museum, bike trails and more, Forest Park makes Central Park blush. Drury Inn & Suites offers its guests a variety of free extras – take, for example, our free hot breakfast. At Drury, “hot” means scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage and make-your-own Belgian waffles. In the evening, join us at our 5:30 Kickback® for free hot food and cold beverages. Our rotating menu features a variety of hot foods, baked potatoes, garden salad, beer, wine, mixed drinks and more! To burn off all of those free extras, Drury has a 24-hour exercise center and a parking lot to jog around. Lastly, Drury’s free wireless Internet and free long distance calls will ensure you can keep tabs on all of your posse back home. Drury Inn & Suites Forest Park is conveniently located just one mile from “The Hill”, where you can enjoy the taste of St Louis' finest Italian restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Drury Hotels Company, LLC, Orbitz, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Forest Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites Forest Park Hotel Saint Louis
- Drury Inn And Suites Forest Park
- Drury Inn Forest Park
- Drury Inn Saint Louis
- Drury Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Drury