“Very friendly staff but building needs some attention” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada St Joseph

You added Ramada St Joseph to your Saves list
Ramada St Joseph
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4016 Frederick Boulevard, I-29, Exit 47, Saint Joseph, MO 64506   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Saint Joseph

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Maui, Hawaii
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This hotel is reminds me of the Ramada Hotels my parents warned me about. The building are scattered, the decor ancient "Happy Days" circa 1958. The evening staff was beyond rude. After great stays in new Ramada's in Omaha and Fargo this hotel is a total embarassement to these superior hotels. The St. Joseph hotel is very convenient, the food was OK. Maybe they will be renovated soon, but I saw no immediate stay when I was there.

Room Tip: Buildings are scattered, no real views
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
GM3333, General Manager at Ramada St Joseph, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Guest, I do apologize that you felt that we were not up to your expectations. I agree it's easy to be new and shiney when your brand new. We are an older hotel that was built in the Mid 1960's and are starting to show our age but we are also attempting to do updates as we can. We are a work in progress and I hope that upon your next trip through the area you give us another chance and we can show you that the improvements have continued and you will feel like we are what you expect when traveling.
Coffeyville, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We requested a handicap accessible room, but upon arrival, what we found is what is mentioned in the subject line. If a person is in a wheelchair, it would have been impossible to take a shower as the side of the tub came up to one inch below my knee (I'm 5'6"). Outlets were all taken up and very inconvenient for someone who is handicapped. Suggestion: Lamps with outlets in the bases. One available outlet was on the side of the table, but with two people with cell phones, ipads, kindles, etc., one available outlet is not good. The bed was such that if you sat on the corner, it would tip. That, too, could be dangerous for a handicapped person trying to get into bed from a wheelchair. Our stay was for three nights, and the ONLY thing that was done each day was the bed changed. Cups and water bottles were left on the table and nightstand. Paper was left on the floor; consequently, no vacuuming. Ironing board was still where my husband used it when we returned to the room. However, we, too, were compensated with 25% discount on our bill, but it would have been better to have the services that were expected.

Room Tip: We were in a room straight down from the front desk and heard no noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest, I apologize that we let you down. I do understand the issues you experienced and we are working hard to correct them. The building is an older building and we are working to correct the Accessible Rooms to make them more Accessible. With today's technology, outlets are a commodity that are in short supply sometimes. I will take your suggestion about the lamps with the outlets to the owners to see if we can get them in our rooms. We are looking into getting raised toilets as well but have to have a certain drain type the way the buildind was designed. I have spoken to the the Maintenance Staff and am having them secure the bed so it won't be so apt to tip and be secure for a person in a wheel chair can get in bed without the fear of the bed tipping. I have spoken to the housekeeping department and explained what you experienced was not at all what is expected for your hard earned money and that situation is being corrected also. I do hope that you will give us another try to show you that we do take your concerns to heart and attempt to make changes to correct our errors. I am happy that the front desk staff did recognize that you did deserve some compensation for your stay and agree it would have been better to have your stay more pleasant than to get a discounted refund.
I do truely apologize for you unpleasant stay.
De Witt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The over all stay was not the best at all. There was hair left in the bathroom. my shower drain stayed plugged for two day staight. One of the lamps had the light bulb assembly just hanging there. The toliet dispencer was all rusty. Over all the hotel was just out dated and dirty.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

GM3333, General Manager at Ramada St Joseph, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Guest, I want to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with your stay. I want you to know that we take these issues seriously and I have spoken to the housekeeping department and discussed the issues you experienced. I have asked the executive housekeeper to keep a closer eye on the bathroom areas when they are expecting as well as having the housekeepers notify maintenance and myself to correct maintenance issues.
I thank you for your time and your review. I hope that your next stay with us shows you that we are taking your concerns seriously and are attempting to correct these type of issues.

Been to Ramada St Joseph? Share your experiences!