“Try the prime rib!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 155 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: We feature wood-fired grilled steaks, award-winning BBQ and so much more cooked over full-sized logs of oak and ash.
“Try the prime rib!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I come to st. Joseph often for work, and I'm sorry that I haven't tried the prime rib until now. I've been missing out. Its the best prime rib I've ever eaten. The wait staff is good and I like the atmosphere. I will definitely be back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Columbia, Missouri
“awesome food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had just helped move our son and wife to St Jo and we were craving steaks. We were seated quickly and our server was quick to come by the table to take orders. Every employee was friendly. We all ordered steaks, which were cooked perfect for each of us. Very tasty sides for all: sweet potatoes and grilled veggies.We had so much food we had to have doggie bags!!
Prices were fair- comparable to other steak houses. Can't wait to return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great place to eat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

A very cool joint to have a drink and eat. Right off the highway and very close to several hotels in St Joseph. Reasonably priced with a good menu of both drinks and food. The deserts are especially cool. If you're in St Joseph's this is the place to eat.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Huntsville, Alabama
“great food and fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here after eating buffet food for several days at a conference.
This was a wonderful break from the bleak. The prime rib was nice and my wife's bacon wrapped shrimp was very flavorful. The atmosphere was the typical country steak house. The wait staff were all very nice.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great steaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Really enjoyed my meal. I had the 8oz. flat iron, asparagus, and sweet potato fries. The steak was excellent and thr sweet potato fries were great. The asparagus had good flavor, but was steamed to the point of being soggy. At a restaurant featuring wood-fired grilled items, I assumed the asparagus would be grilled.The rest of my party enjoyed their meals as well. I always stop at Whiskey Creek when traveling, as they consistently serve great meals.