“Wonderful food, Excellent Serving, Serving our family for 3 generations now!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hoof & Horn Steak House

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Pattonsburg, Missouri
“Wonderful food, Excellent Serving, Serving our family for 3 generations now!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

We took friends who had not been there before this time. I was apprehensive regarding some feedback I had read but thank goodness, it was still the most delicious place I have ever eaten a steak anywhere and I am well traveled.
I didn't know what to expect as the building had fire damage and had to be rebuilt. It looked so similar that I wouldn't have known it was rebuilt. The front was inviting, hostess was prompt with menus to greet us and the service was quick and attentive. Our friends thoroughly enjoyed themselves and the wait staff didn't even care that we closed the place down. We actually visited with the employees and they were incredibly friendly. Do make a stop here. You will not regret it. My grandfather found this place and took clients in the 60's to wine and dine. I'm so glad! It's been a tradition to come here since then!

• Visited April 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

St. Joseph MO
“rude service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

My family and I went there to see what all the fuss was about. After hearing what great food was there we went and was ....disappointed! The waitress was a rude b----, and openly talked and whispered to I guess was the manager. We confronted him and he denied it. She looked like a crack addict. I don't know why she talked about anyone the way she looked. We were afraid to eat the food after she touched it. The food was over-priced and nothing you could'nt get at any other steakhouse.Thumbs down. I'll stay home and burn my own steak.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
St. Joseph
“We will NOT be back.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

We were a party of nine and we all concur...on a scale of 1-10 this restaurant gets a low 4...not at all what we expected. Salads were just so-so...steaks cold and not cooked to our specifications, bland, fried foods all prepackaged with little flavor, sercice slow...with this quality, I do not see how they are staying open. Very disappointed!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
St. Joseph, MO
“Poor quality for midwest steak house”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

It is in a rough part of town. The building is cute but the steak was not good. I could have done better on my grill in the back yard. I was very dissapointed after all the reccomendations from folks in town. Really overpriced for what you got.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“I will tell you what folks, this place...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2009

I will tell you what folks, this place sucks!!! It was like eating at a old peoples restaurant. The food was bland, the salads sucked because they don't give you enough veggies and the lettuce is brown. I also asked the waitress where they get there food and she said it is all prepackaged sysco brand. Yuck, I guess they are trying hard to take our money and make us fat. I bet the waitresses never heard of the word

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere