“Thank You, Candlewood Suites!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 12 hotels in Saint Joseph
Yankton, South Dakota, United States
“Thank You, Candlewood Suites!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed here on Thursday night, January 17. This hotel is set up for longer stays, and it's evident they want their guests to be comfortable and happy while there. The one night we stayed there was very nice.

The decor was modern and tasteful, the bathroom was sparkling clean, the beds were comfy and smelled of fresh linens, (yes, even the bedspreads). For those who must stay longer, there was a fully-functional kitchenette in our room, complete with full-sized fridge, dishwasher, microwave, and two-burner cooktop. There are pans and dishes, dish detergent, dish towels, etc.

For anything you might forget, there is a pantry downstairs for your needs. The only snag I hit while staying here was realizing we forgot our toothbrushes. We called down to the front desk to see if they had any and they didn't. When we left and came back, we noticed that there are toothbrushes for guests who need them, but that was mainly our fault for not noticing in the first place.

The room-darkening curtains are wonderful! Heck, I want some for my bedroom. They work very well.

Everything about this property is fresh, clean, and comfortable. I will definitely not only recommend this property to others, but if I need to stay in the area again, I will not hesitate to make reservations here!

Thank you for a wonderful stay, Candlewood! You've gained a new family of customers. :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Travis P, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites St Joseph, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for the kind words! We are so glad that you had such an enjoyable stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Thank you from the Team at the St. Joseph Candlewood Suites!

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Chillicothe, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

My family and I grabbed a room here to use as a base of operations for black Friday shopping. Location was perfect as we were able to walk to the stores. Rooms were amazing and have very modern decor. Full kitchenette and very large workspace. Also grill for guests in the back. This hotel is new so no wear and tear. Staff was great. This brand caters to business travelers and those who plan to have extended stays. Finally...we were able to get the room at a very good rarefied to their support of military personnel.

• Stayed November 2012
Travis P, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites St Joseph, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Kelly,
First and foremost thank you for staying with us and we are very happy you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for pointing out that our location is beneficial to avid shoppers. We really do want each and every guest to have the best experience no matter the length of stay. We hope you will choose us in the future anytime you are in Saint Joseph. Thanks again for all your feedback.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have never been to St. Joe and was needing information, directions, etc. There was the nicest gentleman at the front desk. His name was Cody. He gave me all the information I needed, even went out of his way for us. I have never been treated so nice at a business, he treated us like family. Because of you Cody I will never stay at any other place!! The room was clean, great gym and was just overall a nice place. I would highly recommend this place to everyone. If you do get a chance to stay there ask for Cody to help you!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
John,
We just want to thank you for your kind words and for choosing us for your stay. Cody, is an exceptional guest services representative and we are truly blessed to have a great staff. Cody exemplifies the type of customer service we strive to provide. We consider all of our guest family no matter how many nights they are staying. We truly enjoy having guest like you and your family. Thank you again for all of the feedback and we can not wait to see you again.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Rooms were very clean, excellent location next store to Fuel Coffee Shop (good coffee & very nice people at the coffee shop).

I travel alot & am a Marriott junkie, I thought my welcome could've been a little more welcoming. I didn't get her name, I came in with my family late, but got a sense that the front desk woman really wasn't interested in making conversation or talking much (ie what brings you to our hotel...etc) It was nice they had my Holiday Inn points already in the system - so thank you. Did an online reservation. They had free coffee that was very good & the kitchenette style was very nice. As I said the rooms were spotless and I couldn't hear my neighbor next door. Very close to shopping for pharmacy stuff (Target next door)

Room Tip: I like high floor rooms, my room was perfect.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
From all of us here at Candlewood Suites of Saint Joseph, I would like to thank you for staying with us. Also, thank you for bringing this issue to our attention it has been looked into and will not happen again. We take customer service very seriously as we want to provide each and every guest with the best customer experience in the hospitality industry. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again next time you are in or traveling through Saint Joseph, Missouri. Thanks again for the feedback.
House Springs, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is my first time to stay in a Candlewood Suites Hotel. It is a little different: no maid service, breakfast buffet, or pool. But the more I thought of it, how much do I really use some of those amenities? It's very nice that they offer free laundry service and being that I was visiting my college student, she loved that! The rooms were ultra nice, very clean, modern decor, and very quiet. Usually it never fails that the heating and cooling unit is so loud that I find it hard to sleep, not so in this establishment. The front desk personnel were very nice and gave us great recommendations on places to dine. I will definitely stay here again in the not so distant future.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and got a room on the top floor. If I had neighbors, I never heard them. Wh...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
On behalf of the staff here at Candlewood Suites of Saint Joseph we would like to thank you for your kind words and key observations about our hotel. We want to provide all of our guests with the very best guest experience. We take pride in our staff and property. I also, just wanted to let you know that we do provide maid service, but it is only once a week to provide our guests more privacy and make them feel as if they are at home. Thanks again for bringing this to my attention and we are very happy that you have chosen us as your preferred hotel. We can not wait for you to stay with us in the future.
Down South in Dixie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

As stated this property is new, and in great condition. The staff was extremely nice, and helpful. Rooms are spacious, and comfortable. The hotel is in a good location with many restaurants close by. The breakfast was good, with many choices. OMG there is even a Wal-Mart near for all the stuff you forget when on vacation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Travis P, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites St Joseph, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for the nice comments. We hope you enjoyed your stay and hope next time you are in Saint Joseph that you will stay with us here at the Candlewood Suites of Saint Joseph. Thanks again.
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This hotel is new so it is of course in great condition, but I have to add that the new design is spot on! I have been at several Candlewood Suites over the years and this one is the best ever. The decor is beautiful. The finishes are way beyond what I have come to expect from them. LOVE the huge desk/table/dresser. Space is always a premium for long term stays and this hotel offers plenty of it. The bathrooms are thoughtfully laid out, again plenty of storage.

Front desk clerk was nice and efficient when we checked in. She even reminded us of the housekeeping policy.

There are a ton of restaurants nearby to choose from as well as a Target which has a small grocery department for basics.

My only complaint is the energy management thermostat. I like it really cool when I sleep and that is a challenge with that system.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn downtown for a couple of weeks. This is a huge improvement. I wish we had moved sooner!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback. We here at Candlewood Suites appreciate all feedback as we continue to try to grow. Thank you for your concern with energy management system in each room. We are currently working to fix the issue as we always want our guests to be as comfortable as possible. Thanks again for the kind words and we hope the next time you are in Saint Joseph that you stay with us here at the Candlewood Suites of Saint Joseph.

Been to Candlewood Suites St Joseph? Share your experiences!