“Beyond belief” 5 of 5 stars

Saint Joseph, Missouri
12 attraction reviews
“Beyond belief”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Everyone, I mean everyone who comes to this theater stops to complement on just how beautiful the theater is.
I remember going to the theater in the 1960's. Most other theaters in St. Joseph have been shut down or torn down since then.. Not this one.
It was carefully renovated a few years ago. Paint brush by paint brush. Results: Unbelievable.
This is a theater that would make any of the European snobs proud.
Need to see to believe.

Visited March 2013

Highland, Kansas
19 attraction reviews
“Excellent theatre, talented actors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Most recently my friend and I went to see their production of "Our Town." "Our Town" I think has been done by everyone and probably read by everyone (I read it the first time in 6th grade). I thought Missouri Theatre did an excellent job and an age-old production. The actors did an out-standing job and the director did well at matching up character to actor. I can't wait for next year's season.

Visited May 2013
Chillicothe, Missouri
8 attraction reviews
“Atmosphere and Talent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Local talent outshines professionals. Warm, friendly staff and excellent performances. Location is easy to find. The musicals are our favorite. We would rather see performances here than drive into Kansas City.

Visited March 2013
Joplin, Missouri
17 attraction reviews
“Diamond in the Rough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The Missouri Theater boasts some of the most beautiful architecture you'll find in a theater. You'll want to spend some time gazing at the beauty before your show begins! I've seen few theaters like it in the USA. Parking is close and prices to get in to shows are always reasonable.

Visited November 2012
Gladstone, Missouri
23 attraction reviews
“Small venue, very beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We went to a concert at the Missouri Theater. It is an old theater that has been renovated with the intent of keeping the old style and beautiful architecture. They did a great job. I believe the seating is a maximum of about 1200. We had seats in the back on the main floor. We had no problem seeing or hearing the concert. We were also pleasantly surprised to see that they actually left good leg room. A native of St. Joseph sat by me and told me about the fire and renovation, as well as the destruction of a similar theater across the street to make a parking lot. If you have the opportunity to attend an event at this theater, take it! You cannot choose a bad seat and it is beautiful.

Visited January 2013