“Maybe needs another chance?” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bad Art Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 175 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
“Maybe needs another chance?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I went to Bad Art Bistro after reading the reviews. Have to say not overly impressed. Great patio to sit outside and enjoy the weather but the food left something to be desired. I ordered the tandoori chicken as a meal with the mashed potatoes with spinach and blue cheese. The chicken was raw inside the pieces, so I sent it back to cook longer. When it came back it was still raw so I decided to not try a third time. My potatoes were good but you couldn't taste the cheese and they could've used some seasoning but were okay (especially if you are hungry like I was at this point). I went ahead and ordered dessert, the creme caramel. It was good but the flavor of the Grand Mariner that was advertised was non existent. The service was good even with the food difficulties. I will give it another try in the future but will wait a bit though.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Denver, CO
“A Treasure in St Joe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Just booked a table for eight on a Friday night. I can't say how gracious they were to seat this large a party at the last minute. Food was excellent and the wine list a cut above what was to be expected for St Joe. Definitely a treasure to be supported.

• Visited April 2013
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“I've dropped it a notch.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This used to be my favorite restaurant. I love the food, but I have to drop it's score because of the service. Oh, they're nice enough, but we've had some disappointments. Once we reserved a booth and when we arrived there was no booth to be had (isn't there a place where you can take a little note, phone answerer person?). That same evening I placed my salad fork in my salad bowl and the waiter told me I'd need to keep my fork. Seriously? I'm paying $80 for dinner and you don't have a clean fork back there for me? Staff training is needed to bring them up to par with the excellent food here.

• Visited December 2012
midwest
“What a treasure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This place is fantastic! We have eaten here twice and the food was exceptional both times. The food is prepared fresh and tastes like it. This gem is the type of restaurant you expect on the west coast or in very large cities. The menu is exciting and reflects the cook's French background. They have an impressive wine list also.

I love it! One of my top ten restaurants in the US.

• Visited January 2013
“Yummy food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were passing through on our way from Omaha to Kansas City and decided to stop for dinner. Everything we got was absolutely delicious and the service was great! We highly recommend the flat iron steak, it was probably one of the best steaks either of us have ever had. The Osso Bucco was delicious as well! It was a bit on the pricy side for dinner but worth every cent! We will be back!