“A Jewel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shakespeare Chateau Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Joseph
Shakespeare Chateau Bed & Breakfast
You added Shakespeare Chateau Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
809 Hall Street, Saint Joseph, MO 64501   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Saint Joseph B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Manhattan, Kansas
“A Jewel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We happened on to the Chateau via the internet while planning a quick weekend getaway to St. Joseph. It looked like an interesting place and that turned out to be true in many ways! The house is magnificent so that alone makes it well worth a visit. Isobel immediately made us feel welcome and gave us a very interesting tour of the property. As she got us settled she provided us with excellent information on restaurants and places to visit in the area,all of which was spot on! Breakfast was a treat served in a comfortable, homelike setting. If you are wanting something to add a great "off the beaten path" experience to your St. Joseph visit Isobel and her Chateau would be a superb choice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Isobel M, Owner at Shakespeare Chateau Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for visiting and for posting your review. I'm so very happy that you enjoyed your 2-night stay here at the historic mansion on Hall Street. Our mission is to provide an outstanding guest experience, including a tour of the historic building, luxury accommodations, and excellent breakfasts. I hope you'll tell your friends and family about the Shakespeare Chateau bed and breakfast, and that you'll be back to pay a return visit soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Manassas, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband and I were actually in Kansas when we came across Shakespeare Chateau B&B on trip advisor. Saint Joseph was just across the river and we thought we might find a nice place to stay there and boy did we hit the jackpot!
More hotel than B&B people when I called I made sure their was both internet and TV in our room(which there was).

Our host , Isobel gave us wonderful tour of the Chateau when we checked in. The stained glass windows themselves were worth seeing.
Our room was large and beautiful. Breakfast was wonderful scones with lemon curd and fresh fruit.

We loved it. If you are in Saint Joseph this is the place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Isobel M, Owner at Shakespeare Chateau Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
I'm so glad that these folks found me, and enjoyed their stay at this great Mansion on Hall Street! They were fortunate to find a room available, and take advantage of our "Standby Rate" for last-minute bookings - 50% off! With the Kansas City Chiefs training camp currently here in Saint Joseph, we are having regular sold-out nights, and sometimes last-minute callers are disappointed to find us full. It was great to meet you both, and I hope you'll come back soon.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My seven year old son and I stayed at the Chateau seeking something fun and unique. It did not disappoint. Isobel provided us with a great tour of the house and gave us great pointers on things to do in the community. Breakfast was outstanding as well! This should be a starting point for anyone planning on taking a trip to learn about St. Joseph's rich history. My son has not stopped talking about his stay. We hope to visit again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Isobel M, Owner at Shakespeare Chateau Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
What a pleasure it was to meet you and your son on your recent visit. I've never met such an engaged and engaging 7-year-old! I'm so pleased to hear that this young man was impressed with the Chateau and with Saint Joseph history, and am very much looking forward to your next visit.
Grapevine, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had a three day trip planned with my wife, one was a work day. I wanted a place special to surprise my wife. The Shakespeare Chateau was the right choice. The beauty, history and food was amazing! This beautiful historical home also provided high-speed Internet so that I could teach a virtual class. It was an absolutely wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I love to hear that my guests were pleased with the accommodations and with the historic preservation/restoration we're doing here at the Shakespeare Chateau. I hope you'll bring your wife and your family back to stay with us again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We went to St. Joseph to see our son perform in Miss Saigon. We travel a lot for business, so we wanted something other than the business-class hotel experience. Shakespeare Chateau did not disappoint! This Victorian home was stunning! We were treated to a wonderful tour and taste of history via the owner, Isobel. She was amazingly knowledgeable and personable. The chateau, itself, was replete with authentic art and other pieces from the time period, in addition to beautiful reproductions which combined to transport us back in time for one of the most memorable experiences I've had. I can't wait to have another reason to visit St. Joseph so that I can treat myself, once again, to this perfectly charming bed and breakfast. Thanks, Isobel, for your excellence, great hospitality (and cooking), attention to detail and wonderful spirit!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Isobel M, Owner at Shakespeare Chateau Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
I was very pleased to host you for a 2-night stay here at the Shakespeare Chateau, and I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourself. We love to hear back from our guests about their experience with us, and your review on TripAdvisor helps other travelers find out about us. Please come back and stay again soon!
Neosho, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My wife and I were in St Joseph on family business and didn't want to stay at your cookie cutter hotel so we researched bed and breakfast hotels in the area. We found the Shakespeare Chateau through the internet and decided to give it a try. We were the only guests and the innkeeper was very attentive and very helpful. She recommended a couple of restaurants that turned out to be excellent. The hotel was still going through some renovations but the rooms that were done were in excellent shape. The breakfast was outstanding and the lady in charge gave us a tour and pointed out all the history and future plans. The house itself is beautiful and when completely done will be even better. We would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to experience a unique B&B facility with a friendly host.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for posting your review, Kevin! When you and your wife stayed last December, we were just barely open for business, so I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Of course, things have changed here a great deal in the last 7 months - we now have three luxury rooms open for guests, our brand-new catering kitchen is up-and-runnning, and the restoration throughout the house has made great strides. I hope you'll come back and see our progress soon!
Saint Joseph, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

perfect place to visit after all the ceremony! Isobel had the room all fixed to perfection! We arrived after 10pm, but she was just a call away. No time was too late for her. Couldn't have asked for a better caretaker. My wife and I were absolutely blown away by the house itself. The tour Isobel gives of the house is filled with so much imagery and history. Truly makes you want to come back over and over. She truly made the experience into one we definitely won't forget.
P.S. She is an absolutely amazing cook! Breakfast is filling! Worth every bite!

Andrew & Elaina Rivera

Room Tip: Highly recommend the Romeo & Juliet Suite or the Verona!