“Wish We Lived Closer to JC Wyatt House” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 175 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: American, Dessert, Continental, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Beautifully restored 1891 home. Classically trained Chef. Superior dining, service and ambiance.
Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
“Wish We Lived Closer to JC Wyatt House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful lunch. And, a special treat with dessert included. The surroundings are exquisite. Can't say enough good things about this restaurant

• Visited August 2013

Saint Joseph, Missouri
“JC Wyatt House gives a memorable culinary experience to our group!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Oh so good!

Planned a going away lunch for a good friend and coworker. We had a group of 9 who I had some difficulty wrangling a pre order out of, but once the order was submitted via e-mail to Jim, I received a confirmation later that evening and we were set for lunch two days out.

Everyone was awed at the interior of the home. A real labor of love to have such a complete Victorian atmosphere and keep it so neat and clean. Dust and neglect is a big turnoff in any restaurant experience, but I challenge you to find any here!

Our lunches consisted of various salads; Roasted Salmon, Shrimp Salad on Croissant, Chicken Salad with Spinach and Feta Quiché, and the Mandarin Chicken Entree salad were big winners. I had the Beef and Blue cheese entree salad. Amazing! Dried cherries, glazed walnuts, mixed greens and perfectly cooked beef slices complemented with blue cheese, Magnifiqué!

Everyone gushed about their lunches and were soon attracted to the marvelous aroma of their house coffee. Hands down, the best, balanced coffee I have ever had in a restaurant.

But the pièce de résistance was the dessert trio! The dark chocolate pudding, the light lemon cupcake, and cheesecake mousse... too much. The most decadent lunch we as a group have ever experienced, and all for around $15.00 each.

The biggest challenge is getting your group to decide in advance for an outing like this, but once you have "trained" them, there is no delay on getting people on board for next time.

• Visited July 2013
Odessa, MO
“Mouthwatering lunch experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We both had the lunch salmon, which was excellent. The dessert trio of creme brule, almond brownie, and red velvet cupcake were delightful.

• Visited June 2013
St. Joseph
“Go Where the Locals Dine & Be Transported...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

If you want to eat an unforgettable meal in exquisite surroundings, (not to mention the fantastic individual attention), eat at J.C. Wyatt House! You are immediately transported into a genteel atmosphere where the meal is not meant to be hurried and the guests are meant to be savored. I live in St. Joseph, and I go every chance I get, for celebrations or just to reunite with old friends and new family! The chicken salad at lunch is such a favorite with me. I always like to find out where the locals go to eat when I visit a new city, and this is rated #1 in St. Joseph. Call ahead to make reservations.

• Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
“I DEFINITELY will come again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I will come to St. Joseph just to visit JC Wyatt House again. The owners masterfully execute each facet of the entire dining experience with attention to every detail. Beautiful gardens set anticipation of what lay inside this carefully restored Victorian.The congenial host graciously welcomed me and led me through the restaurant of impressively detailed decor to a well-appointed space, which set the scene for the incredible courses to come! The whole experience left me wanting to dine again at JC Wyatt House and experience the multiple offerings yet to be seen and tasted.

• Visited May 2013