“Home Cooking” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Home Cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

My husband, sister and I had a Father's Day lunch here today. There's a Sunday buffet, which we checked out and it looked fabulous, but we all decided to order off the menu so that we wouldn't be tempted to eat too much. We were promptly waited on and were served our food very quickly, regardless of the extremely crowded restaurant. My husband had the open-faced roast beef sandwich with mash potatoes, my sister had grilled ground steak with baked potato and salad, and I had grilled chicken breast with baked potato and salad. Everything was wonderful. Since we're frequently in St. James, we've previously eaten here and have never been disappointed. The service and food are always exceptional, and the prices are not just reasonable, they're downright cheap.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Food Resonably Priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Country Bob's is a popular restaurant among the locals. We happened to read a review on this restaurant and decided to give it a try. It was well worth the time and effort.
This is a "down home" restaurant with lots of good food and very reasonably priced.
Friendly service.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Exceeded my expectations, greatly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

My girlfriend and I were on our way home from Rolla and saw the sign for "Country Bob's" on Interstate 44. We thought we should try it and we definitely do not regret that decision! $7.99 for an all-you-can-eat buffet that includes DELICIOUS fried chicken, mashed potatoes with brown or white gravy, chicken & dumplings, pork & beans, two kinds of soups that get changed out every so often, homemade dinner rolls, biscuits, corn, green beans, fried cabbage, and a couple other items. Everything was fantastic!

I had a slice of Butterfinger pie for dessert (yes, you read that right), which was added to the cost of the buffet for only 99 cents. I thought that was a darn good deal!

I definitely recommend Country Bob's! It is the best restaurant I have eaten at in a long time!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dixon, Missouri
“Excellent food and plenty of it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is a quite popular restaurant with local folks. It is not dining at the Ritz, which is why I don't give it 5 stars. But, it is clean and features good food and large servings. Often (I don't know the exact sequence) they have a buffet table. Prices are moderate. I like this place.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Country Bob's is always delicious. We have had Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner here and it is always delicious. Anytime we are in the area we try to stop by Country Bob's for at least one meal. Stopped in for Breakfast this morning on our way out. Try it any time, you will not be disappointed.