“Good location, excellent customer service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Saint Charles
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
“Good location, excellent customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights in early October. Was in town for half marathon. The front desk was under renovation, but the hotel emailed me twice to remind me of the temporary entrance and front desk location. The employees working here were extremely friendly and helpful. They offered snacks, bottled water, and extended late check out. I keep asking myself why I bother with the higher end Marriott properties when I get a great room, for a great price and am treated so much nicer at the Fairfield and Courtyard properties.

I read a few of the other views about the hotel and the cleaniness of the room. My room was very nice. Perhaps it had already been updated.

The front desk even had a typed list of local dining options (which also included directions). Amazing. If I was going back to St. Charles, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Imperial, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The front desk/lobby was all boarded up while were there - they are renovating that part of the hotel. The good thing is, they had emailed me at least twice to let me know where to find the makeshift registration desk and the other items that had been relocated. That helped a lot. But, when I got there, the young lady working the "front desk" (in what is normally a guest room) was SUPER friendly. I was already fine with the construction, but the customer service we experienced was excellent. Great first impression all the way around. :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Be warned about this hotel. I would never ever stay here again even when their renovations are done. The rooms that they did give us were gross. Ripped curtains....no warm blankets. I wore my flip-flops in my room as I did not want my bare feet to touch the carpet. The hotel was filled with debris, dust and plywood everywhere. They should have closed the hotel. We had five rooms here. When my co-worker asked for a refrigerator just to make her room even semi-bareable, she was told that would be $112. I travel every week for work and have never seen a place this gross that charges this much!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rotonda West, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This property is in desperate need of renovations and is getting them now. However, I believe it is the guest's right to know the property is under renovation when making the reservation--not at arrival. We should have been given the option to paid MUCH less to offset the mess or choose another property. Luckily we were only staying 1 night in St. Louis before returning home or we would have moved. The bed was soft and lumpy, the carpet was dirty and the rooms are VERY old and dated. This property needs a total makeover. Also, the website's directions to the hotel from the airport are wrong.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Whitby, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We checked in at 2am, the room was ready and available. We usually stay in Old St. Charles, but our hotel was already full. My only concern at the Fairfield, was the bed looked as though slept-in. We were too tired to complain after a 14 hour drive. We stayed 2 nights ($89/night), before we switched to the Downtown Hotel for another 3 nights.

Breakfast was open an extra hour beyond posted time, it allowed for extra sleep.

We tried the breakfast, it was the usual (except no hot waffles), they did have bottled juice and water, which they allowed you to stock up your room fridge with. Better than a juice machine. We also went next door for the hot breakfast at Cracker Barrel, I recommend the Sour Dough French Bread with maple syrup....wow.

You are close by Lindenwood University - I walked there in 30 minutes for exersize as my wife got my son checked-in at the school. Bass Pro Shop is across the highway, 10 minutes walking. Casino, short 3 to 5 minute drive. It's a good location central to everything.

Only downside, if you like walking, there's too many fast cars and not enough sidewalks. You have to drive to local restaurants, except for Cracker Barrel next door.

Room Tip: There is only one elevator, be prepared to wait if you're on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Papaikou, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

After a long trip from Hawaii, we stopped by the property to see if we could get an early check-in. Ken, as well as all the staff were very friendly and were able to get us a room right away. although the rooms were small and not much frills.....we were satisfied for the price. the hotel was under renovation at the time, so the lobby was all boarded up and the breakfast and the business center was moved to 2 open rooms on the ground floor. The location is perfect for those using I-70 alot. Quick access on and off. We stayed for a week and had no problems there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I must commend the very welcoming and accommodating staff that was very attentive to detail. The hotel was very clean and well maintained but also very dated with a desperate need for renovation. Location is perfectly located right off the highway. I would stay again in the future if the other nearby Marriott properties are booked or over priced.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn St. Louis St. Charles? Share your experiences!