You added Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - St. Charles / St. Louis to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - St. Charles / St. Louis
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Saint Charles
Moberly, Missouri
“Cindy H”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed at the Americas Best Value Inn and loved it! The rooms were very nice, very clean, and the bed was so comfortable! They have a microwave and refrigerator in the room! The staff was so nice and very helpful! There is a steak house within walking distance, I loved being able to walk to the restaurant, getting something to go, and just relaxing in my room! There are several restaurants close by and shopping. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Py P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - St. Charles / St. Louis, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay with us. We appreciate your business and your feedback. We would love to be of service to your in the future if you are in the St. Charles area. Thank you again. Py, Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Macon, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My family and I stayed two nights here on our vacation. we checked in around 6pm and spent the evening at the hotel. The next day we left to spend the afternoon in the city. Before leaving the room I asked housekeeping for towels and told them no service is needed in my room. we did not return to our room til late that night. to my surprise housekeeping came in anyways. i noticed that my kindle was in a plastic ice bag on the sink, but we were tired and went to bed not much thought about the rest of our stuff. the next morning we were packing up and both my kids dsi were missing. we spent an hour going through all of our bags to see if they got put in our luggage. They were gone. my husband spoke with the desk clerk but as i suspected they denied taking them. i suggest if you have to stay here you lock up any valuables or just take them with you. also there was school photos in the room hanging on the mirror which we found odd.

Room Tip: nobody can be trusted anymore so lock away your valuables
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I am extremely sorry that we were not able to deliver the high standard of service that we pride ourselves on. Please know that issues you mentioned have been addressed. We would love for you to give us another chance when you're in the St. Charles area so we can provide the excellent service that we pride ourselves on. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide your feedback. Py, Manager
Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed at the Americas Best Value Inn & Suites for over a month and the rooms are as good as any high end hotel. With remodeled rooms having a microwave & refrigerator and comfortable beds I felt at home. The staff was excellent and provided me with the best service I have ever had. I would recommend the hotel to anyone who has to stay over a week or shorter.
Lancer

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Py P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - St. Charles / St. Louis, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear Guest, we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Americas Best Value Inn and Suites in St Charles. We kindly appreciate your words about our hotel and thank you for helping us spread the word about our property to other travelers. We hope to see you again soon. Py, Manager
Saint Charles, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Awesome location for the business I was there for. There's tons of restaurants around this place. Across the street is historic St Charles and its essentially a mile strip of unique restaurants and "Bar and Grills." Bass Pro Shops is immediately next door, along with a steak house on the other side. The pool is a little small but there is a cardio workout room if you needed some exercise. Download/upload speed of the wifi was solid. This place was very "convenient." The front desk did a fantastic job of handling all of my customer service needs.

Room Tip: I think there's only two options as far as room types (aside from non-smoking/smoking/pet) and t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
selmer
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel is well located for shopping in Bass pro shop and other shops. The breakfast likes a little flavor. Stayed on top floor in king size bed room, had a cigarette smoke smell even though it was a non-smoking room. we more than likely will not stay here again. I thought the price was slightly high for the quailty of the hotel,

Room Tip: top floor better veiw of area east side out of evening sun
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

A group of us rented several rooms here over the weekend. I'll start with my reservation experience. I called the hotel direct around 10:30am on a Thursday morning. No answer. I called 5x in a row before someone picked up. When he did pick up, it was difficult to communicate, and after quoting me a price, I asked what he needed from me to book it. This was followed by seconds of breathing and background noise and finally disconnection. So I booked online. If you sign up for their loyalty program, you automatically get 15% off.

We checked in. The room was comfortable. We couldn't complain - about what we expected for what we paid. Then I looked at the telephone, which had 3 or 4 ants crawling on it. There were holes in the phone where it was missing some buttons, and when I touched the phone, the ants would scurry inside those holes. I inspected the back of the table and saw another ant crawling around the place where the phone plugs into the wall. So the next morning I asked them to take care of the ants before we left for the day.

My roommate came back to the room for a nap around 1pm and stayed until around 5pm. When she woke, she told me that although she didn't hang the "Do Not Disturb" sign, she was surprised that no one ever came to the room to clean. I called the hotel around 5pm and mentioned this and the ants again, and they said they would send someone up to take care of it.

When we returned around midnight, the ants were still there although they said they sprayed. My guess is that they didn't spray the phone. I would have hoped they would have replaced the phone.

Also, it seemed that when the guy came up to spray for bugs, he was asked to take care of housecleaning, which meant all he did was dump trash and replace towels. They explained that if you have any personal items on top of a surface, they cannot touch that service, and that this is an industry-wide practice whether here or The Hilton. I had taken pictures of the state of our room when we returned and explained that the only thing on my bed was a small stuffed animal...and this meant they couldn't make the bed?!? Guess they didn't wipe any tables because we had personal belongings on the tables?

So I checked with others in the group and found that: 1) one had a band-aid stuck to his desk and a toothpick lying across the notepad which still bore a stain from the last drink placed upon it, 2) another room had ants and received calls at 11:05am for being in the room 5 mins past the 11am checkout (most hotels allow a little grace period from our experience).

One of the front desk guys was not helpful, walking away from me as I tried to explain my dilemma and ultimately telling me to come back after 3pm when another guy could help me. The other guy was very nice and helpful; however, he still did uphold that my small stuffed animal was reason enough they couldn't make the beds or touch any service that touched my personal items.

If requested, I can post the photos I took.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Bloomington, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The staff is really nice but you will get a better night's rest inside of your car! After a long day of driving, we just wanted a place to stop late at night - grab a few hours of sleep, shower and move on. Huge mistake. I know it's a "value" - but this was ridiculous! The shower did not work and the water in the tub would not go down. The remote for the TV did not work - the beds are equivalent to sleeping directly on wires and springs with a sheet on top. I did go report these issues to the front desk where they provided me with a new remote and offered to move me to another room where the beds were equally horrible and still the same water problem in the shower. We got up and out of there early in the morning just eager to get away. I don't recommend this place for anyone planning to actually sleep or use the shower.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here. Keep going!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - St. Charles / St. Louis? Share your experiences!