A group of us rented several rooms here over the weekend. I'll start with my reservation experience. I called the hotel direct around 10:30am on a Thursday morning. No answer. I called 5x in a row before someone picked up. When he did pick up, it was difficult to communicate, and after quoting me a price, I asked what he needed from me to book it. This was followed by seconds of breathing and background noise and finally disconnection. So I booked online. If you sign up for their loyalty program, you automatically get 15% off.
We checked in. The room was comfortable. We couldn't complain - about what we expected for what we paid. Then I looked at the telephone, which had 3 or 4 ants crawling on it. There were holes in the phone where it was missing some buttons, and when I touched the phone, the ants would scurry inside those holes. I inspected the back of the table and saw another ant crawling around the place where the phone plugs into the wall. So the next morning I asked them to take care of the ants before we left for the day.
My roommate came back to the room for a nap around 1pm and stayed until around 5pm. When she woke, she told me that although she didn't hang the "Do Not Disturb" sign, she was surprised that no one ever came to the room to clean. I called the hotel around 5pm and mentioned this and the ants again, and they said they would send someone up to take care of it.
When we returned around midnight, the ants were still there although they said they sprayed. My guess is that they didn't spray the phone. I would have hoped they would have replaced the phone.
Also, it seemed that when the guy came up to spray for bugs, he was asked to take care of housecleaning, which meant all he did was dump trash and replace towels. They explained that if you have any personal items on top of a surface, they cannot touch that service, and that this is an industry-wide practice whether here or The Hilton. I had taken pictures of the state of our room when we returned and explained that the only thing on my bed was a small stuffed animal...and this meant they couldn't make the bed?!? Guess they didn't wipe any tables because we had personal belongings on the tables?
So I checked with others in the group and found that: 1) one had a band-aid stuck to his desk and a toothpick lying across the notepad which still bore a stain from the last drink placed upon it, 2) another room had ants and received calls at 11:05am for being in the room 5 mins past the 11am checkout (most hotels allow a little grace period from our experience).
One of the front desk guys was not helpful, walking away from me as I tried to explain my dilemma and ultimately telling me to come back after 3pm when another guy could help me. The other guy was very nice and helpful; however, he still did uphold that my small stuffed animal was reason enough they couldn't make the beds or touch any service that touched my personal items.
If requested, I can post the photos I took.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 3 story interior corridor with elevator. FREE parking and guest breakfast. Renovated 2010. All spaces sprinkled. HSIA and Business Center. Indoor heated pool. Guest Laundry and Fitness Center. Pet friendly (charge). Next to Bass Pro Shop in the Mark Twain Mall, I-70 exits 229 and 229B. Next to Texas Road House Restaurant. Gas and diesel nearby. Restaurants nearby. 20 minutes from downtown St. Louis. Near Ameristar Casino. 30 miles from Six Flags/St. Louis. Renovated 2010. Near St. Charles Historic District. Near the Verizon Amphitheatre and the St. Charles Family Arena. FEMA = MO 0594. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - St. Charles / St. Louis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn And Suites - St. Charles / St. Louis
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - St. Charles / St. Louis Hotel Saint Charles
- Best Western Saint Charles
- Saint Charles Best Western