“Americas Best Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - St. Charles / St. Louis

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - St. Charles / St. Louis to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - St. Charles / St. Louis
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1310 Bass Pro Drive, Saint Charles, MO 63301   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #11 of 19 hotels in Saint Charles
Munster, Indiana
“Americas Best Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Great hotel! Fair pricing! We cannot say enough about the staff especially Lisa and Robert! They made us feel right at home! The breakfast display was great and kid friendly. The pool area was clean. We will recommend this hotel to everyone! If you are looking for a hotel that's not overpriced this is where you need to stay. It is right next too Bass Pro Shop and Texas Roadhouse so you don't need to go far for a great dinner.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Howell, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Moved to this hotel from another after my first night in St. Charles. Walked in the door and knew immediately this was the place to stay. Friendly, courteous, and clean was my first impression. The room was spacious and comfortable. Bed was very nice and soft as well. Location is wonderful near shopping, restaurants and the casino. Thoroughly enjoyed my vacation.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
moberly
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

My first time ever running in to bed bugs. My wife and I enjoyed New Year's Eve dancing at the Q on Main St. So the hotel location was perfect. We got to the hotel dropped off our bags, called a cab and off we went. We returned to the hotel in the early morning hours extremely exhausted and did not turn on all the lights. When we woke we discovered the beds were infested with bed bugs crawling all over them! This is clearly an established colony after researching these bugs online. The bugs were in various stages of their life, including adult. Absolutely disgusting! I would have slept in my car before sleeping in this nasty hotel had I known it was infested with bed bugs! Of course the clerk acted like they didn't know they had bed bugs but with hundreds of bugs in one room I find that impossible to believe.
Check in date was 12/31/11 and checkout date was 1/1/12.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Wirral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here for 10 days while visiting the USA from the UK to attend my son's wedding in St. Charles. I chose this hotel because of the price and the facilities it offered. From the moment my wife and I entered the lobby, we realised we had made a good choice. Not only the was the room better than we expected, but the staff were all very friendly, helpful and polite. Well done Mr Patel, you have a great hotel there. Next time we visit St Charles, yours will be our only choice.

• Stayed November 2011
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Was in St. Louis for a few days over the Summer as part of a short road trip through a few states and ended up staying at this hotel, which despite not being our first choice actually turned out to be higher quality for about half the price of the other hotel we visited. The staff were all very friendly and, not knowing the local area, advised us of several nearby restaurants. The one we ended up at (Texas Roadhouse) served the most delicious steak I have ever tasted, and the staff of the hotel even gave us a 15% off voucher for our meal!

As well as the excellent accommodation for our 4-person room, we also required a one-person disabled room for my grandmother. They provided us with two adjoining rooms on the bottom floor, and the disabled room featured handrails in all the places that my grandmother would usually struggle. This was a huge relief after staying in a small motel that didn't include a single disabled room the night before.

All in all, our stay at America's Best Value Inn St. Louis was one of the nicest of the entire trip, and there's not much I could suggest be improved.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
pypat83, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - St. Charles / St. Louis, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay with us. We appreciate your business and your feedback. It is always a pleasure to get compliments regarding our staff and service because we credit our success in the lodging industry to providing good service and quality accommodations at affordable prices and strive to please each and every guest. We would love to be of service to your in the future please feel free to contact us whenever you need accomodations in St.Charles area. Thank you again. Py, Manager
Belleville, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

My husband and I came to St. Charles for a little anniversary get-away. Robert at the front desk was polite and accommodating. We paid over $120 including because I really wanted a room with a jacuzzi bathtub. The room was fine, as was the bathroom. However, when I ran the water for a bath I could feel a ring of dirt/soap scum around the tub. The housekeeping staff was gone for the day, so Robert apologized nicely and gave me supplies with which I cleaned my own tub! (Could have stayed home and done that!) The light in the bathroom made an awful buzzing sound all night and the breakfast was not good at all. When I checked out I told the manager about my experience and he and a woman I assume was his wife said the room had been cleaned. Not only did he not offer any refund at all, he also didn't offer an apology, and acted as if I must be lying! He handed me my bill without a word, not even a thank you for staying here. $120 is still a lot of money to me, and I didn't pay it to clean my own tub and be treated rudely.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your experience with others and I like to apologize on behalf of our entire staff that we were not able to meet your needs. I will definately keep your suggestions in mind if such a situation occurs again. I will also let Robert know that he is doing a great job and to others to learn from him. Once again I apologize and hope that you will give us another chance to serve you again so we can show you that we credit our success in the lodging industry to providing good service and quality accommodations at affordable prices.

Py
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I recently stayed there for a weekend and called to a second room since we had a party of five. Originally I asked for a roll-away but they informed me they did not do that, which wasn't a problem as I wanted a second room anyways. The lady did not believe me when I said there would be 2 in my room and the other room under my friend's name would have 3. She informed me that I was lying to her (I was NOT!) and she couldn't book the room because she thought there would be 5 people in the room then hung up on me! I was shocked but I didn't want our party to stay at 2 different hotels so I called back the next day and talked to a new person, a man. He also told me that I wasn't allowed to book there because they thought I would have 5 people in my room and to find a new hotel. I could not believe it- it sounds too unreal but I assure you, this is exactly what happened. So, another member of our party booked a room there on-line. We were given a smoking room and when asked if we could have a non-smoking we were told that we could not and to take what we get for booking a room on a discounted site. We later asked a different guy who informed us he would lose his job if he gave us a non-smoking room! I have never been treated so rudely and will never stay there again. I wouldn't have this time if there wasn't a large party we were with and didn't want to complicate things by staying at a different hotel. I was always very pleasant on the phone and didn't raise my voice but I am just shocked at the rudeness of the staff. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
pypat83, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - St. Charles / St. Louis, responded to this review, September 1, 2011
First of all I would like to apologize that you felt like you were mistreated. There has been some misunderstanding between you and the staff members. There were no non-smoking rooms available for that time period because of an event that was occuring in the area which you had come to attend. The only room we had was a smoking and you did not want smoking but booked it online anyway and then wanted us to change that at check-in but we could not given that we did not have any available. Everyone was polite as possible when you asked different staff members about moving to non-smoking room that day. They even stated to you that if anything becomes available in non-smoking that you would be the first to get that room.

Once again I apologise that you personally felt that you were treated unfairly but we did our very best to accomodate you the best we could and am sorry that you felt that was not up to your standard. Please accept our sincere apology for the misunderstanding and confusion.

Py

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - St. Charles / St. Louis? Share your experiences!