“It was an OK place” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 19 hotels in Saint Charles
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
“It was an OK place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

In my view, a "3" rating means it was a reasonably good place to stay. The location can be just a bit difficult to find since it is tucked in behind some other buildings along the street. There was no signage that I saw. The person checking us in was very pleasant. The room was decent. My wife said the bed was a bit too soft for her. The room was clean, and that is always important. The breakfast is a bit on the paltry side as far as selections, but I wouldn't let that be a determining factor in whether to stay at this location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had to ask for clean towels more than once - had to carry our dirty towels out to the hallway to give to the maid. No refresher service. No maid service. Had to go in the hallway and get toilet tissue from the maid cart we found at the end of the hallway! No cleaning the room - not once. Hotel clerk asked "well did you have the "no service" hanger on the door?" No we did not - not once. Didn't even see a "no service hanger" in the room to put on the door! No discount, no credit, no nothing for this lack of customer service.

Room Tip: one night would be fine - just don't expect maid service!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We were there for a one-night stay and it was fine. Pros: kitchenette, clean, comfortable. Cons: hard to find, very slow wi-fi internet, very limited breakfast choices ( I guess because many guests stay for longer periods & make use of the kitchenette). They do allow dogs, though, for which I give them an "attaboy". The staff who we encountered were pleasant to deal with. Although it was not my favorite place to stay our trip, we certainly would stay there again. This facility is behind a medical facility which faces the street. You have to enter a shopping center and drive behind the medical facility to find the Town Suites. We did not see any signage on the street indicating that the Town Suites were there.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I just returned from a 2 night stay at this property. My daughter and I were taking a college visit to Columbia, so it was a good location for driving. We arrived on the later side our first night. Upon check in I told the clerk that I would be using gift cards at check out and she said no problem, "I'll make a note in the computer". We went to our room, and found that there were no linens for the sofa bed. I called front desk, and she brought some after about 15 minutes. The room was adequate for our needs...nothing fancy...but an odd layout..and when the sofa bed is pulled out, it butts up to the end of the bed...not much room to get around. There is also a very awkwardly situated tv and stand that you must avoid running into.

The walls are also rather thin, and we could hear doors slamming, and people in the hallways...and people were at the pool late..which is right outside the front entrance.

Our problem occurred at check out, when of course, no note was ever made regarding my payment. In fact, she said, the only note is for foam pillows..which I never had. After about 15 minutes of computer work, the clerk, I think fixed the error, and I was able to use my gift cards...hoping that the charge does not also appear on my credit card.

These employees don't seem to be very polished...in fact, when I called for a wake up call, the clerk said, oh, I'm not sure I know how to do that...I'll leave a note for the night person. Really?? A wake up call should be basic training. If we return to this area, I'm sure we'll look for another hotel. Also, as another reviewer said...it is nearly impossible to find...no sign on the Main Street...and we found by accident...only one entrance next to a strip plaza.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hermann, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This place is kept meticulously clean! From the grounds outside to the lobby, hallways, pool and our room, everything was thoroughly clean. The front desk staff was kind and courteous at check in and even offered us complimentary bottled waters. The kitchenette was adequate for our needs since we were staying just one night. The bathroom was spacious and clean. The bed was clean and extremely comfortable. We slept very well. This place was so quiet. I never heard another guest which was surprising since the parking lot was packed! Our only complaint was the room was a little tight for a suite. The table only had one chair so we had to pull the sitting chair from the living room to the table for our breakfast. The TV was old also, but it was okay. We made our own breakfast since their "Grab and Go" breakfast is pretty much high carb choices like muffins, granola bars, cereal, juice, milk, bananas, apples, and hard boiled eggs. Overall we were very pleased with the facility and would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Clarksville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I've stayed in hotels around the world, and I was shocked to see how this general manager made it his goal to exceed all expectations. The rooms were somewhat small, but very clean and comfortable. A lot of personal touch is put into this staff. After returning to our room the first day we found a hand written letter from the cleaning staff. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was here for a short stay and this is a very average hotel. The rooms, as you can tell, are much like studio apartments/efficiencies which is nice especially if one is to need a place to stay for a longer period of time because of the little kitchen with the fridge, microwave, oven, etc. I do not recommend putting more than 2 people to a room, there is just not enough space to get around comfortably. The TV is not a flat screen, it is an older style "box" tv that really does take up a lot of room in the limited space. The "queen" bed did not feel like a queen, it seemed to be that of a modified "full" size mattress, with a couple extra inches and we were overall very uncomfortable on it. The one really good thing about the stay was the towels, they were very plush and felt great! The housekeeping staff was very pleasant and accommodating as well.

A few side notes: to echo the other reviews, this place is very difficult to find because it is hidden behind a medical building that was probably built after the hotel was built. Marriott should really re-think their signage to help guests find the location better. There is a LOT of shopping and restaurants in the area and I think the location is very ideal in that respect. This is also a pet friendly hotel ($75 addtl charge, I believe). The wifi worked great too! Plenty of parking and a small outdoor pool is also available for use.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites St. Louis St. Charles? Share your experiences!