“Great hotel in historic location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 19 hotels in Saint Charles
Burlington, North Carolina
“Great hotel in historic location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel. As before, the staff was friendly and informative. Large, clean rooms. Located at the beginning of the historic area of St. Charles, you can walk out the door and enjoy numerous restaurants and stores. If you enjoy running or cycling there is a causeway behind the hotel that is safe, well lit and provided miles of scenery during a run, walk or bike ride.

• Stayed March 2013
tgreeno, General Manager at Country Inn and Suites St Charles, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel from your recent stay. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our location and easy access to the Katy Trail. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to St Charles.

GM

230 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I just had a three day meeting for 14 people at the Country Inn and Suites in St Charles, MO. The meeting room was a nice size for a small group. The sleeping rooms were very nice and we enjoyed a complimentary hot breakfast every morning. They had complimentary coffee, tea, fruit and granola bars in the lobby all day. It is close enough to the St Louis airport however there is no shuttle so if you are not able to pick up your out of town guests, there are cabs available. It is on a street with many restaurants, a microbrewery restaurant and a winery/restaurant. Also, a casino is just around the corner if you have any free time. The staff were extremely helpful and I hope to have our next meeting there when we meet in the St. Louis area again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
tgreeno, General Manager at Country Inn and Suites St Charles, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our hotel and and the atmosphere of Main St. We look forward to your next stay.

Mountain Home, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice place, staff friendly, rooms clean, little dated....actually the only thing that bothered me was the dark comforter thing on the bed. I prefer washable sheets on both sides of whatever blankets these days. Pretty commonly found.

Parking was under the hotel, out of the weather, and appreciated. Breakfast is one of the more complete with an attendant & most items available. Eggs, waffles, cereals hot & cold, etc.

The big thing about this hotel was location. It's just down from the St Charles Main Street historical District with enough shops & restaurants to make for at least a nice afternoon & evening...weather permitting. It was too cold to get out, but we drove the area & will probably come back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay at the Country Inn and Suites in St Charles. We kindly appreciate your kind words about our hotel and thank you for helping us spread the word about us to other travelers.

We hope to see you again soon.

New Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I just left the Country Inn and Suites in St. Charles today 01-29-13 after a weeks stay. Took my son back to Lindenwood University and decided to make a small vacation for my daughter and I. What a fabulous place to stay, the location is amazing. Walk out the front door and step on to a brick street which in one short block you are on the historical Main Street. Our room was huge. The beds were so cozy and very very clean. The staff was wonderful especially my personal favorite was Lance at the front desk (felt like I knew him for ever) incredibly friendly just loved him. Every night after a long day of touring my daughter and I took a swim and hung out in the jacuzzi , perfect way to unwind from a long day. The breakfast in the morning was fabulous, from scrambled eggs, bacon and homefries to bagels and oatmeal, fresh fruit and waffles! It was all included with your stay....I would give this hotel a perfect 10!! Could not find any flaws....Perfect place to stay for all you LU parents, it's right around the corner!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
tgreeno, General Manager at Country Inn and Suites St Charles, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted you enjoyed the hotel amenities and Main St. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Lance. We look forward to your next stay.

Southern Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites January 25-27, 2013.
We've never stayed at a County Inn and Suites before, but decided to stay here because of the location. It was close enough that we could walk to all the historic sites of St. Charles and to the Ameristar Casino.
The hotel was nice. The room was large and had a nice sitting area wit a couch and chair. The television swiveled so you could watch from the bed or the sitting area. The shower pressure was not very good in our room (109), but our friends commented that the pressure in their room (111) would take your skin off. There are no vent fans in the bathrooms, so the room gets very steamy.
The indoor pool was nice, not too cold for being winter, but there was something on the bottom that looked like some doo doo may have leaked out of a diaper. I didn't notice right away, but got out as soon as I did notice. I didn't tell the management about my find.
The breakfast on Saturday was good and had a good selection. Bacon, scrambled eggs, lots of pastries, pancakes, self made waffles, fruit, yogurt with blueberrys and other add-ins, fruit juices, and all the usual breakfast items. The lady working the room was pleasant and kept everything filled. The breakfast on Sunday was bad. I blame the Sunday breakfast more on the lady running the room. The eggs were kind of like poached, but were way over cooked, unflavorful, and rubbery. The bacon was okay, and there were hashbrowns. No pancakes, but stiil had the waffles. Everything was continually running out. I had gone down at 8:00am to get some orange juice, but it had run out. Then an hour later, when we went down for breakfast, still no orange juice. When I asked the lady about the orange juice, she rolled her eyes and gave an exasperated gasp. Later, while I was getting some milk, she reached across in front of me to get a cup with out so much as an excuse me. Like I said, everything would run out as groups of guests would arrive. We'd look for the lady back in the prep room, but she was nowhere to be found. We found that she was out front smoking, texting and drinking a Mountain Dew. In the hour we spent in the breakfast room, three times we found the lady out front taking a smoke break while there were guests with no food.
Overall we'd stay here again just for the location. The pool could be cleaner and I'd fire the Sunday breakfast lady. For the most part it was a nice stay and a great location.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with an even number. Even numbered rooms face the river as opposed to the street t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our breakfast staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. Thank you for taking the time to review our property and we will use your comments to improve upon the service we provide to valued guests such as yourself.

Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Why stay at a ho hum property when you can stay at a hotel in a historical setting....complete with a brick street in front. Great hospitality, excellent rooms and really wide hallways. very nice ! This wonderful historical downtown is a must see.

Room Tip: some rooms have a view of the river.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
tgreeno, General Manager at Country Inn and Suites St Charles, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our historical Main Street setting. We look forward to your next stay.

Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Actually the second time I stayed here, but did not review first time and since it was because of my great first visit that I thought of them again, I wanted to share my experience.
Very friendly and efficient staff. The property itself is very clean and well maintained. This time I used the exercise room. It is small, but the bicycle, elliptical and two treadmills are modern and in great shape. It overlooks the pool so you can either watch TV or the poolside activity. I like the fact that they had a cooler of water and towels available in the room as a nice extra touch.
The location is great, you can walk down to historical Old St Charles for shopping and/or dining and we stayed Dec. 30th so all the Christmas lights and decorations were still up, so just strolling along the cobblestone street was nice.
They always have fresh cookies and coffee available in the lobby. The free breakfast is a step above many others I have had at comparably rated hotels and has something for everyone.
Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
tgreeno, General Manager at Country Inn and Suites St Charles, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

We hope to see you again soon.

Trent Greeno

Been to Country Inn and Suites St Charles? Share your experiences!