“Great place to stay in the heart of St. Charles” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 19 hotels in Saint Charles
Deer Creek, Illinois, United States
“Great place to stay in the heart of St. Charles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were looking for a place to stay that was within walking distance of the shops in St. Charles. This hotel is a clean, quiet place to stay that is very close to everything! Friendly & helpful staff were always there to answer questions or make recommendations on restaurants, etc. Our room was a king studio suite with a sitting area that was very roomy and clean. They offer a complementary breakfast that had a nice variety. Parking was free and convenient. We were very pleased with our stay and will stay here again the next time we are in St. Charles!

200 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed overnight at the Country Inn and Suites based upon the reviews on TripAdvisor. It was an excellent facility -- nice rooms, comfortable beds, very clean -- and the location was superb. It was a block to the historic Main Street in St. Charles with restaurants and shops -- and another block to the river. There is construction on the street in front of the hotel, but we found our way quite easily. It's only a couple of minutes off the Interstate.

But, the reason I'm writing the review is because of what happened after we left. About 2 hours after we checked out, I got a call from "Wayne" on my cell phone (and I'm happy I gave them my cell phone number) to tell me that they found a thin gold necklace in the room. I wear a gold chain with a Hebrew "Chai" that was a gift from my parents when I was 13. I am now 63. I never take it off. I didn't even notice it was gone -- it probably came off when I changed clothes and I just didn't realize it. Wayne arranged to send it to me at the hotel in Florida where we are staying and it arrived in perfect condition today. I cannot thank them enough. So, I am thanking Wayne and the person who found it and turned it in on TripAdvisor. Thank you. Great hotel -- and we plan to stop there again on our way back home.

Room Tip: My husband said that a trash truck came by at 5 am and woke him up -- and kept him up for 1/2 hour...
Brookings, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The street in front is torn up and there are no good directions on how to get in to the facility. We finally tried to get as close as possible and were stopped by a construction worker who told us how to get in the back way by going through a parking lot and a park. Excellent location and surrounding restaurants. We plan to stay again in Feb.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Located in easy walking distance to main street. Staff was very friendly. No charge for parking. Hot breakfast similar to most hotels in this price range. Staff knows the town well. We rode a horse carriage back to the hotel from the restaurant.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for non smoking....if that is what you want
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed here on a cross-country trip and chose St Charles because it was so close to the highway but offered more to do and more choices of places to eat than a typical highway stopover. This was my first time at a Country Inn and Suites and I was pleasanty surprised. The price was great and the executive-type room was as nicely furnished and decorated as a Marriott and offered a desk and internet, a little fridge etc. Best of all, the AC unit was quiet!! It was 106^F outside and the room was cool and the cooling unit so quiet it did not disturb our sleep. I usually have to turn it off in a Marriott and suffer in the heat because the noisy fan is so annoying. This is a new hotel and perhaps that's why the rooms are so nice. I stayed at another one later in my trip, in Kansas, and it was not as nice and the AC was not so quiet. Win some, loose some. The location is also just fine; we could walk to the shops and restaurants and along the river. Intended to use the pool for exercise after driving all day, but it was tiny and not inviting.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the hotel's back side to avoid street consturction noise (which might be done...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Woodruff, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Extremely friendly staff during check in. Nice clean rooms and the breakfasts had a great variety of food and was delicious. A lot of history within walking distance of hotel. Really enjoyed the walks along the river and along the cobblestone streets of many shops and restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Great service. The front desk was very helpful. Our room was very comfortable and clean. The pillows were also comfortable. We would definitely stay there again. The breakfast had a good variety of food which was fresh and well displayed.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Country Inn and Suites St Charles? Share your experiences!