“Really good - excellent staff and outstanding customer care” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
WiFi Savings
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Saint Charles
Southsea
“Really good - excellent staff and outstanding customer care”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2009

I was booked to stay at the Embassy Suites by the company I was visiting in St Louis and, having stayed in Embassy Suites in other locations, my expectations were high and this hotel exceeded them. The hotel itself is all-suite and furnished to a high and comfortable standard. The manager's reception and complimentary breakfast were both generous in quantity and very high in quality. The hotel runs a free shuttle bus for local journeys. The on site Spa was a relaxing retreat after a long days work and the restaurant served a good meal at a reasonable price. However, I was most impressed by the exceptional hospitality and service I received from the staff. My luggage and I parted company just before I arrived and the Front Desk could not have done more to help me. From providing essential toiletries, chasing the airline, and taking receipt of my bag in my absence, they were fantastic. My only regret was that I wasn't able to stay longer.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2009

We checked in at the Embassy Suites, St. Louis-St. Charles Hotel and Spa around 6PM on Wednesday, November 26, 2008. Upon checking in, we dropped our bags in the living room area of the suite and headed for dinner. Immediately after dinner we changed into our swim suits and headed to the pool with our children. It was approaching 9PM so we headed back to our room. A few months ago I had seen a special on TV regarding bedbugs in a person's home and how the New York hotels were having difficulties with this pest. I thought it would be prudent to look at the beds in the hotel room, not anticipating to see anything as the TV show mentioned how difficult it was to spot bedbugs.

I turned on the light on the stand between the beds and immediately saw what looked like a trail of brown/black dots leading to the crease of the bed skirt. Taking an even closer look I could see more trails and to my horror, actual BEDBUGS of all sizes. I immediately called to my wife not come in the bedroom and to start packing. I went to the manager to have him come to the room. With him in the room I had him confirm that these were bedbugs. Keep in mind we had not touched a mattress, sheet, anything. The bedbugs were out in the open. I lifted the bed skirt and dozens of tiny bedbugs went scurrying and there were many, many other trails around the sides of the box springs. Then we looked at the second bed and it was in the same terrible condition.

The manager apologized and wanted to switch us to another room. I informed him we would not be staying in this hotel at all as it was apparent the room was severely infested. He wanted to put us up at another hotel but my wife and I agreed we would not be able to sleep in any hotel after this episode. We informed the family in the adjacent room what we had found and we decided to drive through the night to our Thanksgiving destination.

We have altered our upcoming travel plans to avoid Embassy Suites and now call hotels in advance to see what their implemented bedbug detection and preventions procedures are. Some are being very proactive while others are not. We have reduced our hotels stays to bare necessities while traveling. We have stayed at one other hotel since the St. Charles incident and we scoured the bed and surrounding area in great detail. We will be doing this for some time as this incident has greatly affected us in a negative way and changed the way we travel.

• Liked — Two-room Suites
  • Disliked — Bedbugs
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Staunton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2008

I took my wife here for our anniversary. I notified the hotel of the significance of our stay and we were greeted with an in-room welcome/congratulatory basket with snacks, goodies, and gift certificates. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. In fact we liked every aspect of the room. The cooked to order breakfast was delicious and the managers reception was a nice touch. In fact, these last two items make the price more comparable to a 1 or 2 star hotel. Not that the price was that much to begin with. The food at the restaurant was delicious as well. In all our dealings with the staff, all were very courteous, attentive to needs, and eager to serve. Overall it was a wonderful stay. The spa was quite enjoyable as well and I would definitely recommend their services. Although it is relatively new, it is still clean and well maintained (as it should be for it's age). Convention center is attached. I suppose this could be a negative for anyone staying here while a large convention or event is going on, but besides getting a little busy during the managers reception due to a wedding party, we noticed no problems during our stay. Shopping at historic Main St., Casino, and major fishing/sporting goods store close by. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel.

• Liked — Atmosphere, dining, size of the rooms, cleanliness, staff
  • Disliked — dessert delivered via room service late night was not at all good...no cake, all frosting.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2008

This IS the best U.S. Embassy Suites I've ever stayed at. It's fairly new and quite similar to the one in ABQ. It has a legitimate "spa" which is not typical of ES. Ten of us worked out of the Embassy Suites Sept. 29-Oct. 3 and everything, yes everything, was above average. Here are the scores: Hotel staff/service=A; Business center=A (no charges!) Room=A (new/fresh/roomy); Complimentary morning breakfast=A; Complimentary happy hour=A; Housekeeping=B (be sure to call if you need your room cleaned by specific time); Parking=C (Difficult to get parking near front door. Bulk of the parking is behind hotel and shared w/convention center.) To top it off, I left some items in my room and when I called the next day, they had the items and FedEx'd them to me overnight. Also, I had some unusual billing requirements and working w/Wendy on the phone, everything was straightened out and I got my HHonors points. Easy access to I-70, 15-20 mins to STL airport; 45 mins to the Arch. Other than the airport Rennaissance, this has got to be one of the best places to stay on west side of St. Louis.

• Liked — The fact that it lives up to it's title of "The Best Embassy Suites"
  • Disliked — Parking
missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2008

If you have children Embassy Suites is the hotel for you. Nice clean rooms. Cook to order breakfast, Our children enjoyed getting teddy bear shaped waffles the cook was very sweet and remembered our childen's name each morning we went down and had breakfast.

• Liked — Clean and accommodating for young families
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2008

After stopping at Days Inn in Chicago which was awful I was so pleased with this hotel, the service was fantastic, every (and I mean every) member of staff were helpful, the suite was large and well equipped, the bed was huge and so comfortable. The breakfast was lovely, the restaurant was good. I have nothing negative to say about the hotel. However if you want to go into St Louis you will need a car as a taxis will cost $100.00 round trip. Also if you are coming in from the airport ring the hotel and arrange a cab through them as it costs $17.00 but if you just grab a cab it costs $27.00.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
Wichita, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2008

Stayed here one night on business. The lobby and dining area was very clean. My room was very spacious with a separate seating area. I enjoyed the "complementary" hot breakfast in the morning. It was also good, offering the typical hot breakfast items. My only complaint is the bathroom. My shower had mold in the corners and rust running down the shower wall from the bar mounted in it. It was odd to see this considering the rest of the room was very clean. Overall, it was still a good experience. I would recommend staying here.

• Liked — Location, breakfast
  • Disliked — shower
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel St. Louis/St. Charles? Share your experiences!