“US Navy Reunion” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Saint Charles
Maplewood, MN, United States
“US Navy Reunion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

One of the nicest and friendliest hotels we ever stayed at. The breakfast and reception in the evening are excellent. Our dinner for our reunion was first class. I would stay at this hotel anytime I was in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
swisher, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Our original reservation was not honored. Reason I was given is there had been a lot of walk ins that evening. I reminded the front desk clerk that is why I had made a reservation in advance and had my confirmation # available. She responded by offering to take $10 off my reservation for me to stay in a lesser room. If I had reserved that room in advance, I could have reserved it ahead of time for $25 less. I felt they could care less about my satisfaction, but were very willing to help themselves to as much of my money as they could get there hands on.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Tim L, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel St. Louis/St. Charles, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your reserved room type. Our front desk team goes through our arrivals each day on a regular basis to ensure each guest receives exactly the room expected. I am sorry that we made a mistake with your room. I will have our front office manager review our process with each staff member to ensure they know how to complete our room assignments accurately throughout the day. Additionally, we will reach out to you to make it right.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for three nights during a blizzard and ice storm in the St Louis area. The exquisite suite in which I was placed boasted a jacuzzi tub, a walk-in shower, a king-size bed with plush, comfortable appointments. There were two well-lighted vanity set ups, a refrigerator, a Keurig coffeemaker with a variety of great coffees, two large screen TV's, a dining room table and spacious living room, all well decorated and
inviting. Considering the weather issues, the staff would have had good reason to be inefficient; however, they were pleasant and accommodating despite all the challenges. It was a great experience.

• Stayed February 2014
st charles, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Our stay at the Embassy Suites in St Charles was awesome. We enjoyed the manager's reception and used the shuttle service. The price is a little high for just staying one night. We took the shuttle to the Ameristar casino that is on the St. Charles Riverfront. We were able to call whenever we were ready we didn't have to be anywhere at a certain time.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

Check in process was good. Front desk staff greeted me with a smile. Took quite awhile to complete the check in process but I did get my room. The coffee maker didn't work in the room. I called the front desk twice and was told they'd send me up a new one. Each day I waited, but no new coffee maker arrived. Check out was a chore. They don't provide your bill under your door. You need to check out at the desk. They definitely need more staff. It took forever to check out. I was disappointed over all. There are plenty of hotels in the area. If you hate to wait in lines, go somewhere else.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Tim L, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel St. Louis/St. Charles, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your visit to our property. I am so sorry we did not deliver your replacement coffeemaker. Our goal is to provide your requested item within 10-15 minutes. I apologize that your request was not immediately addressed.

Our hotel does offer express check out. In the middle of the night we do place receipts under the door of those guests who are departing that morning. I will research how we missed your bill.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Stayed during the festival of the hills. The "free" breakfast is over too early and even though u are eating they push u out. Taking good full trays of food and throwing them away when folks are still showing up to eat. I understand shutting the cooked to order down at a specific time but the buffet should stay up for another 45 min. At least until folks are finished and not waste good food. 5 workers cleaning around u while u are eating. Vacuum running. Taking all condiments away. Even taking salt and pepper from table while u are eating. Very dissatisfied with this. Very nice rooms, but for the money I spent I should get my breakfast. I would have paid for a breakfast, but the restaurant is closed in the morning, or at least the lights were off in it. I'll probably go again, but I'll skip breakfast if I sleep in on a Sunday. Dissatisfied.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Never would we like you to feel like you are being rushed during your breakfast. Our staff should not be removing items from your table or vacuuming around you as you finish your meal. I will address this issue with our staff.

Breakfast on the weekend is served until 10:30 and during the week until 9:00. We make every effort to leave items out while people are dining and many times we have items available well after our posted closing hours. I will make sure to observe and verify our policy is being followed. I apologize that you felt hurried and did not have the experience we strive to provide each of our guests during breakfast.
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

While not a screaming bargain, the value of our stay was high. We came in late (about 9 or 10pm) and left after breakfast (about 8am) so we used very few amenities. The hotel (including room and bathroom) was very clean, the staff was very friendly, and the breakfast was better than standard for the 'included breakfast' option. There's a positive and light feel to the place. When the elevator opened to our floor, we saw that our room was right at the elevator. But our kids were in the 'front' of the suite, and the bedroom was at the rear, and we had ZERO noise issues during our stay. The room was larger than usual. The location was right off the highway but not noisy at all. The hotel's atrium and elevators make the property very attractive and it looks like a great place for a conference, if the staff are this on-the-ball. These places have to stop serving the powdered scrambled eggs at the buffets (I should have taken advantage of the made-to-order omelets, which looked quite good). There was a little laminated card with a thoughtful wish/prayer from the mgmt to the guests on our bed. We are not religious in the least, but found this to be a lovely and kind-hearted (rather than presumptuous) gesture of good will. I would absolutely stay here again with my family, or consider it for a workshop or conference based on the brief experience we had. So many hotels are so marginal or 'okay' at best. It's obvious that this one really puts a lot into getting it right.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel St. Louis/St. Charles? Share your experiences!