We stayed at this hotel a few years ago and recalled liking it. That was not the case this time. We requested a non-smoking room and yet the room stank of stale smoke. In addition, the heating system didn't seem to work probably. We requested a room change and were moved to a different floor where there was no smoke smell but yet again the heater did not seem to work. An engineer came to the room, made some adjustments and took out a "heat gun" and held it up to the vent, which was to high up for me to feel the air with my hand. He said the heat was now working. Ten minutes later the temperature in the room still felt cold. I stood on a chair and put my hand near the vent. It was blowing cold air. I called the front desk and the engineer returned. He then called his supervisor. The two of them spent the next half hour trying to fix the heat, which they conceded was not working. By then we were exhausted-- having driven several hundred miles that day--and requested yet another room change. We were moved to another room where the heat worked, somewhat, but made a tremendous noise throughout the night as it kicked on and off, making it impossible to get a good night's sleep.
The furniture and decor are dated. In the second room we were in (the one where the engineer and his supervisor spent a half hour working on the heat) I noted that all the decorative buttons on a chair were missing. In the room where we finally did end up for the night the furniture was stained.
While we had Internet service, it did not work in the bedroom but only in the "suite" part of the room. Not the end of the world, but annoying.
All and all, the place shows signs of age and is in definite need of overhauling its heating system. Also, the idea of "non-smoking" rooms in a hotel that allows smoking is somewhat pointless. The smoke travels through the vents and ends up in rooms that are designated as "non-smoking." It's time that all Embassy Suites become non-smoking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites St. Louis-St. Charles/Hotel & Spa is located in St. Charles, Missouri, just 20 miles from downtown St. Louis. Lambert International Airport is just ten minutes away. The hotel is connected to the expansive St. Charles Convention Center, offering large and flexible event space. The hotel also features Spa Bottanica on-site for full-service spa treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel St. Louis/St. Charles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites St Charles
- Embassy Suites Saint Charles
- Saint Charles Embassy Suites