“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Embassy Suites Hotel St. Louis/St. Charles
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Convention Center Plaza, Saint Charles, MO 63303   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Click here for best rates
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Saint Charles
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manhattan, Kansas
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

The hotel was beautiful, yet seemed a little dated. The plants and fountains were pretty. The rooms were spacious and clean. We were tired and had room service delivered. We were expecting subrate sandwiches and were pleasantly surprised that everything was delicious. The breakfast was wonderful (made to order) and when my daughter dropped a plate and broke it, no less than three staff members came over and asked if she was okay and one reassured her that guests did that all the time. Also, one of the ladies who was clearing our table noticed my orange juice looked a little watered down and went and got me a new one. Great service all around in the food department. This is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
dallas, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

I've stayed here several times over the past 6 months. Great clean rooms. Great smiling service. Nice hot breakfast each morning.

• Stayed April 2011
Paducah, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

It was a great place to stay if you don't bring any valuables that cannot be locked up in their tiny lockbox. I cleared our room except for the ipad, left for 2 hours to watch some awards and came back (before check out time) and the empty room was propped open by housekeeping and my ipad - missing. A police report was filed. The management would not take any responsibility or compensate in any way. I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending this place to anyone.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

Traveled here for an EdTech Conference. Expensive cab from the Airport - mandatory (or so I was told) $6 fee on top of meter...whatever, I was thrilled to get to my Suite & I was not disappointed. Front desk people were lovely & kind to let me check in an hour or so early - my 3rd floor room was clean & spacious...but I had missed lunch & the restaurant was closed - no problem! - the cute little lobby shop had everything! From my much needed Diet Coke to a chicken wrap - SAVED! Knowing I had a fridge in my room it was great to only eat half & save half for later - love the mini kitchen! Fast wireless in my room also made me very happy!

Botanical Spa:
The next day after my presentation (and a quick delish brekkie in the lobby) I treated myself to a few spa treatments in the Botanical Spa on the ground floor of the property. Lovely atmosphere, plush soft robes, nice changing areas...lush quiet rooms and soothing music! I first had a whirlpool spa bath then one of the best massages ever followed up by an OK facial. Now.. not to diss the cute young redhead who shyly confessed she was brand new to this - I really think I just don't like spa facials. I mean, how many times can you clean a face & wipe on then wipe off stuff? I had an impt. phone call I had to make back in my room and as it was running later than I expected & asked her if she could just finish early. All in all though - brilliant early evening Spa break after a long day of presenting & talking.

Savvy Social Media
Hi my name is Gwyneth and I'm a Tweeter..as my career has me in all kinds of blogs, wikis, nings, & things I'm super aware of those businesses that are showing some tech & social media savvy! As soon as I got to the hotel I Tweeted out using our conference hashtag #METC_CSD and said I was here, loved my room, & couldn't wait to meet everyone -- and I got a Tweet back...from the HOTEL!!! That was a first! (I'll include a screenshot!) What a smart thing to do - to know what events were going on...to know who your guests are & to be cool enough to welcome them to your property! Well played, ESH_StCharles, Well played!

The pretty & compact convention center is just steps through the hotel lobby - made running back to my room to get a cashmere wrap between presos quite easy!

Of course I loved the manager's reception - being an early to bed kinda gal - happy hour is just fine with me & it was generous & lovely! Tip well, my friends! From a former cocktail waitress during my grad school days...we remember & appreciate guests who tip well!

All in All GREAT location, AWEsome staff, Fantastic room, & thoughtful tech touches made this a wonderful stay at an amazing conference! I was honored to be invited to speak & hope to be asked back again. Thank you Embassy Suites St. Charles - Great Job!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

My family stayed at this property a few weeks ago for my daughters cheer convention at the attached convention facility. This is the second time we have stayed at this property. All in all this property is in a good location, nice accomodations (although the double rooms are double beds not queens a little on the small side even for skinny adults), and good food.

I am NOT impressed with the assistant manager of this facility. I found him to rude and condecending on a little power trip. Granted you have a facility with hundreds of little girls 5-15yrs old which can be a little challenging - did I say cheer? Maybe a little loud? However you do expect that when book a CHEER competition do you not?

I was standing in the hallway around 9:30 pm with my daughter, another mom, and her daughter. We were all quietly talking. The girls about 4 feet from us. He comes up to the girls (who are 9) and rudely tells them to get in their rooms. I spoke up and said the girls were with us. He said he didn't care and the girls needed to go in the room.

Let me clarify. These girls were NOT running, talking loud,or even unattended and it wasn't even late in the evening. Upon speaking to parents the next morning this was the norm for this year as well as the year prior.

My suggestion is that if the staff is unwilling to be gracious to certain conventions maybe they should not have them at all. I paid a premium price for this room. All I ask is to be treated with respect.

• Stayed February 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2010

Wow! We were quite impressed with the space -- and quality -- of our room accommodations. Lots of room to move around even after pulling out the sofabed for our teenager. . . two TVs. . . and those lovely Bloom bath products! Service was amazing from check-in to check-out. Room Service food at generous portions and good value, promptly delivered.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
northern Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

Stayed here rather than one of my usual locations in St. Louis area to be close to some meetings I had to attend. What a disappointment. They still charge for internet service, something even the cheap motels have for free, and it was a slow connection. It took forever to get breakfast in the restaurant the next morning, so slow that I had to leave hungry before I got any food, and I had allowed 45 minutes for breakfast. Next day I got there 30 minutes earlier and was treated to a very ill-prepared bunch of glop. The third day I ate next door at the Cracker Barrel, what I should have done the previous two days. Stopped by the bar on the way in after the first day of meetings, and got slammed for over ten bucks a pop for a couple of beers. Ridiculous. I won't be coming back, even though I have meetings in the Convention Center next door in a few weeks.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel St. Louis/St. Charles? Share your experiences!