“Best Fried Chicken!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 226 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Dayton, Ohio, United States
“Best Fried Chicken!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I've been anticipating trying King Edwards Chicken since reading reviews on this forum...I can honestly say that I wasn't disappointed!!! I knew that I was coming to St. Charles MO and that I wanted to eat at some local restaurants. I love fried chicken and did some research....that is how I discovered King Edwards Chicken!

As soon as we walked in the door we were greeted and made to feel welcome! After perusing the menu and noticed the lunch specials...then realizing we were a little late for the lunch specials...the nice lady working there said that she would still honor those prices! I love the feel of local dining!

Long story, short story....I got the four pieces of mixed fried chicken and the cole slaw....delicious! The chicken has nice light crust and super moist! The cole slaw was really good too....made like traditional slaw except it had a combination of green and red peppers in it....very tasty!!!

Needless to say that every time I come back to St. Charles I will be eating at King Edwards Chicken! Also, for the record, I introduced my family members, who live in St. Charles and never ate at King Edwards Chicken before, believers! I hope they frequent this local establishment as much as I would if I lived here! I can't wait to eat there again and try some other sides!

BTW...the prices are very affordable...less than $15 for both our lunches!

Visited September 2013

“Keeping the hole in the wall tradition alive.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My initial reason for stopping here was the cigar store downstairs. We were driving through from Boston to L.A. so obviously didn't know any good food spots. The woman at the cigar shop told us to go upstairs to the "chicken place" and it did not disappoint. The fried chicken was absolutely delicious and the red rice was phenomenal. LIke the title says, it doesn't look like much from outside but it sure does deliver.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Charles, Missouri, United States
“Best Fried Chicken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I think this is the best fried chicken in the St. Louis area. It's a little difficult to find but well worth the effort.

Visited December 2012
St. Charles
“Great carryout fried chicken”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Longtime standard for fried chicken in St. Charles. Tasty and the price is right. You can't go wrong.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
St. Louis
“Outstanding chicken and sides”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

We always get take out, so I can't really rate the atmosphere of King Edwards. The take out orders are always ready when we walk in, well packed, and stay warm for the drive home.

What I can rate is the outstanding, incredible, awesome chicken. It is crispy, juicy, and well spiced. The portions are just right. The quality is always consistently high. I can't recall a single 'dud' piece of chicken ever coming from King Edwards.

Unlike some chicken places, the fish is also high quality. There is also a pretty extensive appetizer / side dish menu. Most of it is deep fried. All of it is 'finger licking' good.

• 5 of 5 stars Food