“Expected better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Trailhead Brewing Co.

Trailhead Brewing Co.
Ranked #30 of 202 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Trailhead's American-style menu offers something for everyone. Our extensive menu features items ranging from meats prepared using a wood-fired smoker to a selection of gourmet pizzas, appetizers, sandwiches, soups and salads as well as house specialties and entrees. Plus, don't miss our ale-battered fish & chips, a house favorite! All of our friendly servers are prepared to offer suggestions on the beer selection that will best compliment your meal.
Atlanta, GA
“Expected better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Co-worker and I dropped by this place for dinner on a week night. General ambiance seemed okay...kind of a sports bar/pub type of place. Waiter wasn't rude but didn't seem like he cared too much about service and good customer experience. My co-worker ordered two appetizers (half price happy hour special): fried calamari and hot wings. The calamari was bland (no seasoning at all) and a bit rubbery. The wings had a very nice smoke flavor to them, but the sauce was on the very hot side. I ordered the BBQ brisket sandwich with baked beans. The brisket was not as tender and smoked as I've had in other BBQ places. It wasn't bad, but I wouldn't order it again. The bbq/baked beans were some of the best I've had, nicely flavored with small chunks of brisket.

With a little more attention to good service, and a little more care in food preparation, I don't doubt this would be a fantastic place.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bob K, Owner at Trailhead Brewing Co., responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thanks for the honest feedback. Although I wish you'd enjoyed your entire experience as much as you enjoyed the baked beans, I appreciate your constructive criticism and will be sure to pass it along to my front- and back-of-house staffs. There's always room for improvement.

The next time you're in the mood for a bite out, I hope you'll think about giving us another chance. We'd love the opportunity to show you the 5-star time we strive to deliver.

Take care,

PONTE VEDRA BEACH
“Avoid the Tourist Wait, Order Appetizers for Your Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Yes, the wait can be long on Weekends or Holidays as this is a popular destination. At least they forewarned us. We avoided all that by ordering a selection of appetizers which arrived within minutes. And these were just as good and filling as a full meal. The nacho plates are enormous and the onion ring appetizers were huge and crispy. But there were many more items to choose from. The house brewed beers were all good. Nice place, nice atmosphere.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for stopping by! Good call on ordering appetizers—that's always a great plan. I appreciate the review and hope to have you back at our table again soon!

Cheers,

Kansas City
“Horrible Experience: 1 hour 20 minute wait for bar food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I went on a Saturday to experience the St. Charles Christmas experience in the old part of town. We sat down and didn't have to wait to be seated. It was noon. Others I noticed had to wait an hour to be seated. Multiple parties around us finally got up and left after over one hour of waiting on food. We were visiting family and had little ones so we didn't want to get up and switch restaurants.
Our food literally took over 1 hour and 20 minutes to come out along with other tables. This was lunchtime bar food folks. Not steaks and fish or extravagant dinners. I don't think they have a big enough kitchen to support all the seating(3 stories). Finally, we along with other tables asked for some chips or something to hold us over. Nobody at the restaurant thought that would be appropriate I guess, and then they had the gall to charge full price and not offer any kind of gift certificate. Many other better choices for dining just around the corner. Don't get suckered by stopping at this first restaurant outside the parking lot.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bob K, Owner at Trailhead Brewing Co., responded to this review, December 6, 2013
My apologies for the long wait. Normally, our kitchen moves along at an efficient clip, but like any restaurant, we can get a bit backed up on busy days. Thank you for bringing the situation to my attention—we'll certainly work on picking up the pace.

Again, I'm sorry for the delay, and I welcome you to reach out to me at (636) 946-2739 if you'd like to discuss anything directly.

Take care,

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good Times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great beer and great food - Must try the fried asparagus with wasabi and soy sauce. I've been here twice in the past month in between wedding and receptions I have had on Main St. The only negative comment we have had both times are the bartenders being extremely grumpy/rude.. I recommend just going for a table far away from them!

Visited October 2013
Bob K, Bob, Owner at Trailhead Brewing Co., responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Happy to hear you enjoy our beer and food, Rian! The fried asparagus is a terrific recommendation, by the way. On another note, I'm sorry to see you've experienced rude service. This isn't representative of our goals and values, so I'll check in with my team about this. If you have any additional feedback, feel free to share it with me! Thanks for your review and take care.

Best regards,

Bob, Owner
“After the show... Another show.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stopped by for a cool one and a light dinner after a downtown StL show. Nice menu, light choices and appetizers were our pick. Soups, salads: delicious! Waitress took care of but didn't hover. Prices were on par with the local bar & grill.

The only downside I felt was the drafty dining room that brought the stale cigarette smoke right to our table. We could overhear the bartender teasing the customers seated there with profane language. All in good fun, I'm sure, but a little foul for the dining room crowd.

Bob K, Owner at Trailhead Brewing Co., responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thanks for the feedback. While I'm glad you enjoyed your meal, I'm sorry some less-than-professional conduct from our bar area detracted from your experience. Thanks for bringing the situation to my attention. I'll have a word with my staff about watching their language and volume.

Cheers,